Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Knapps Fresh Vegies Seeds (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=10251)

Wi-sunflower February 5, 2012 10:30 AM

[B]it's been rather hard to complain about it this year. [/B]

True.

But we've been working almost non-stop now for too long. We need that break from the home and area and even just thinking about the farm to get "recharged" and ready to tackle the next season.

I think that's part of why this last year seemed so hard for me. We never had any break. From work or problems. I didn't seem to have any "energy" or enthusiasm for the year.

I hope acting like a kid for a few days in the warm surf will get me ready to attack the seeding season when we get home.

I had also thought about possibly going to the Merida area where I could meet Brokenbar. I just thought I could take her anything she might need and get some "local info" about places to see. But she hasn't answered a PM or commented in her birthday threads so I think maybe SHE is on a vacation somewhere. I know she has talked about vacations in Italy in the past.

Well if it happens fine, if not there is plenty to do all over the Yucatan.

Carol

Boutique Tomatoes February 5, 2012 12:05 PM

It had been years since my wife and I took any time away when we went to the keys last month, and working for myself as well I hadn't gone anywhere without a laptop for even longer.

Something about salt water and sand is a cure for modern life! Snorkling in the ocean, playing tourist and acting like we were 30 years younger out drinking and dancing until the wee hours of the morning was good for both of us.

Now I've got peppers popping up and keep tweaking my tomato list. I can see the garden soil and caught myself wondering yesterday if the ground was thawed enough to work a bit and plant fava beans...:D
Have a great time!

POAJoan February 21, 2012 02:27 PM

I got my order in just four days, great service and packaged well. Thanks a bunch and hope you get your holiday just as you like it. Joan

Farmette February 21, 2012 07:39 PM

Yes, I got mine too...very quickly and just perfect!

Wi-sunflower February 23, 2012 09:04 PM

Back home this afternoon.

Looks like I have lots of work to do for the next few days.

Thanks gang.

Vacation was pretty good but I got a head cold from all the in and out of air conditioning all the time. Right now I can't hear much due to the plane trip. Need some more decongestants.

But the wave hopping was great !!!

Carol

Farmette February 24, 2012 01:06 AM

And just in time for some snow!

jennifer28 February 24, 2012 06:52 AM

I emailed carol about some de-hybridized better boys. She got back to me ASAP. She is a wonderful seller.

stroncavanghe February 25, 2012 09:37 AM

thanks

I am very happy with Knapps Fresh seeds. Thank you Carol .Ciao dalla Toscana.

WillysWoodPile February 25, 2012 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Wi-sunflower;257260]Back home this afternoon.

Looks like I have lots of work to do for the next few days.

Thanks gang.

Vacation was pretty good but I got a head cold from all the in and out of air conditioning all the time. Right now I can't hear much due to the plane trip. Need some more decongestants.

But the wave hopping was great !!!

Carol[/QUOTE]

Did you do any body surfing Carol? :P

Wi-sunflower February 25, 2012 12:22 PM

Sort of. Usually only when I was coming in. Used the waves to move me in. The surf was breaking rather shallow most of the time. So I usually went out further and just hopped the swells. 2 days I walked down the beach to another hotel where the waves were a bit rougher and somewhat deeper. Mostly hopped but about every 5th wave or so it would break in front of you so you would have to dive thru it.

Fun. Relaxing and yet tired you out.

The vacation was much needed and hopefully will have recharged the "batteries" for the coming growing season.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent most of yesterday sorting thru emails and orders and answering questions and such. I hope to get a bunch of the orders made up over the weekend so I can get them in the mail Monday.

Mom has 2 Dr appointments, 1 Mon, 1 Tue, so I won't be able to get as much done for those days then. The Tue one is down in Milwaukee so that will be most of the day before I get back home. Just routine follow-ups but sometimes a bunch of them seem to all come up at the same time.

Carol

Wi-sunflower February 26, 2012 07:02 PM

Well many of the orders were rather small, so I was able to get everything packed up today and will get it to the post office tomorrow, Monday.

I can't believe I got caught up this soon.

Now if I could just get my ears to catch up with the rest of my body I'd be doing OK. They are still at 10,000 ft.

Carol

Wi-sunflower March 11, 2012 06:44 PM

I know my web site has been a bit confusing for a while. I spent the last 2 days working on the start of what should make it easier to find the varieties you want.

[url]http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms.com/tomato-seeds.html[/url]
This page is now 1 long alphabetized list of ALL the varieties.

Eventually each variety will have it's own page with description and pics and the buy buttons. That's eventually tho. For now you will still need to go to the old yearly pages to buy. But in column 2 is a link to whatever page the variety is currently on.

I hope this help you to see if I have a variety and find it.

Thanks,
Carol

jennifer28 March 11, 2012 06:53 PM

Carol
I think you have a fine site. You shipped my order super fast and I appreciate the bonus pack of seeds.

janezee March 11, 2012 08:35 PM

Thanks for doing that, Carol. It did take me a little time to figure out my way around, but I got there. But easier is always better.:yes:

j

bluebonnets March 11, 2012 11:40 PM

I like the new list! I didn't realize you had so many.