Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Weather (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=41104)

Ricky Shaw December 5, 2017 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some nights are dipping into the high 50's, locals have pulled out the parkas and scarves here in South Florida. I could get attached to this quickly.

imp December 5, 2017 09:44 AM

Oh my, what a great background! What sort of fish is that? Did you catch from the beach or out on a boat?

Ricky Shaw December 5, 2017 01:03 PM

Hiya impster! Red Grouper and it was caught from a party boat out of Ft Lauderdale, the SeaLegs III, $40. Been knocking'em dead on vermillion snapper also, keeping us and the sister-in-law's family in two fish meals a week. I go about twice a week and brought down some of my own gear which is a decided advantage in winning the big fish money pools and defers the trip costs. A nice distraction and keeps me out of everyone's hair.

rxkeith December 5, 2017 03:18 PM

yes, nice fish you have there.

different story here. the snow storm has reached us. its been snowing since early morning. winds are around 30mph with gusts up to 60mph. snow is going every which way making visibility poor. i have the day off, so do not have to worry about the roads.
4 to 8 inches of snow today, and tomorrow expected. last night when i took the dog out around 11pm, it felt like it was still in the 40s. wet, and drippy, but calm, not too bad.
about 5am i wake up to wind, and hearing snow beating against the window.
it should calm down in a couple days, but for now, you may want to hold off on traveling to the keweenaw.

keith

imp December 7, 2017 06:52 AM

Not as bad as you, Keith, but coooold here. Down to 22 after 80 the other day. Going to be pretty cold all day, nd sty that way until maybe Sunday.Dry, too, and windy, so the fire danger is way up.

Rockporter December 7, 2017 12:10 PM

Snow expected here starting overnight. We'll probably get slush here but axfew miles inland they say it will be a teeny tiny amount. Nothing like you keith, stay safe out tbere.

AlittleSalt December 7, 2017 12:28 PM

It's cold here too. A couple days ago, the high was 84F and today it is 38F at 11:30 at our house and windy.

imp December 7, 2017 01:14 PM

Salt, you are higher than we are here- 31 a bit ago. Brrrrr.

AlittleSalt December 7, 2017 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=imp;674021]Salt, you are higher than we are here- 31 a bit ago. Brrrrr.[/QUOTE]

That's cold.

The weather forecaster just said that the last freeze here was January 8th. That's 333 days ago. It set a record.

imp December 7, 2017 01:36 PM

We're up to 32 now, whopppee!

The energy companies are getting happy.

Rockporter December 8, 2017 02:35 AM

:yes:

It's snowing and it's beautiful. Yay!

Last time I saw snow here was christmas eve 2003. They called it the snow miracle.

This is so awesome, I woke my husband up, lol. He stayed in bed though. I can't call or text anyone because it's way too early in the morning. :lol:

Now weather channel says 3-5 inches through the night. I'm glad we covered the tree this afternoon. I sure hope it's roots are settled in enough to survive the cold.

It's 30 degrees, feels like 19 degrees with the wind factor.

Worth1 December 8, 2017 06:22 AM

Snowed here last night too but it is all melting.
Bamboo covered in it.
Worth

Rockporter December 8, 2017 07:45 AM

We've had at least 3 inches and it's still coming. Hubby isn't going to work because he's got too many bridges to go over, including the causeway about 2 miles long over the bay. I laughed earlier from his comment. No amount of snow is stopping the donut and whataburger addicts this morning, the lines are just as long as usual. We've done a lot of people watching with the fence down, lol. We are in town and can see quite a bit of what goes on.

Worth1 December 8, 2017 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Golden Goddess bamboo covered in snow.
Worth
[ATTACH]78071[/ATTACH]

Rajun Gardener December 8, 2017 08:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We got a little here too, it won't stick for long.