Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

IronPete June 12, 2019 11:56 AM

Hi Karen;
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be hitting them with some fertilizer tonight. I had them in the little greenhouse in the background for quite a bit and they grew fairly tall but still sturdy so they should be find. They are loving being in the ground. The Taiga will go into an Earthbox in the next 48 hours when I finish planting out everything else. Will keep updating the pics as we go. The one plant did have some flowers starting on it but I took them off when I transplanted so they won't get confused about what they should be doing. ;)

Pete :)

KarenO June 12, 2019 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=IronPete;738021]Hi Karen;
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be hitting them with some fertilizer tonight. I had them in the little greenhouse in the background for quite a bit and they grew fairly tall but still sturdy so they should be find. They are loving being in the ground. The Taiga will go into an Earthbox in the next 48 hours when I finish planting out everything else. Will keep updating the pics as we go. The one plant did have some flowers starting on it but I took them off when I transplanted so they won't get confused about what they should be doing. ;)

Pete :)[/QUOTE]

I’m sure they will do great, thank you very much for giving them a grow, I’m very interested in how they do for you there on the island :)
From my island to yours :) !!
K

bad.kelpie June 13, 2019 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The KARMA Purple Multiflora growing at my parents house seems to still have the Multiflora gene, or at least more so than the ones I have. We're having weird weather. 90s, then 60s now 90s again, so mine keep dropping blossoms, but this plant is doing pretty well.

ginger2778 June 13, 2019 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=bad.kelpie;738157]The KARMA Purple Multiflora growing at my parents house seems to still have the Multiflora gene, or at least more so than the ones I have. We're having weird weather. 90s, then 60s now 90s again, so mine keep dropping blossoms, but this plant is doing pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I like this very much. Definitely save seeds from the multiflora one.

wxcrawler June 14, 2019 09:58 AM

My KARMA Purple Multiflora was definitely a multiflora with most of the trusses having many flowers. I've found that mine has produced about 95% cherries and 5% "mini-beefsteaks". I haven't kept count accurately, but I know I'm up over 100 fruit so far. All have been yummy.

Lee

KarenO June 14, 2019 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=wxcrawler;738195]My KARMA Purple Multiflora was definitely a multiflora with most of the trusses having many flowers. I've found that mine has produced about 95% cherries and 5% "mini-beefsteaks". I haven't kept count accurately, but I know I'm up over 100 fruit so far. All have been yummy.

Lee[/QUOTE]

Happy to hear you like them “ yummy” is a great endorsement!
I find mine make double fruit more than most other small tomatoes early in the season then they seem to settle down once they get going
K

jmsieglaff June 22, 2019 10:11 AM

My KARMA Purple MF definitely retained the MF trait. Flowers are opening, fruit baby fruits should be viewable soon. KARMA Peach is it's next door neighbor and that set fruit a few days ago.

KarenO June 22, 2019 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=jmsieglaff;739303]My KARMA Purple MF definitely retained the MF trait. Flowers are opening, fruit baby fruits should be viewable soon. KARMA Peach is it's next door neighbor and that set fruit a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

That’s great :) looking forward to seeing them and I hope you enjoy them!!

There should be no issue with the stability of the MF or any of them. There does appear to have been a few crossed seeds mixed into one of the batches of karma purple not the mf. Two people in Belgium I am aware of got a couple of regular leaf plants among their potato leaf KARMA purple.
If anyone notices this, please let me know.

KarenO

akgardengirl June 24, 2019 10:01 PM

I am happy to report that once the Karma mf purple was established in it's final pot in the greenhouse, it took off and now has the look of the multi-flora. It is a very healthy plant loaded with blossoms. Karma Peach isn't as prolific in blossoms but it is very healthy also. Looking forward to tasting these soon. We've had a stretch of some nice weather so things are looking up for sure!
Sue

tryno12 June 25, 2019 01:30 AM

Where could I get a few Karma Purple MF seeds?
Pete

KarenO June 25, 2019 02:16 AM

[QUOTE=akgardengirl;739616]I am happy to report that once the Karma mf purple was established in it's final pot in the greenhouse, it took off and now has the look of the multi-flora. It is a very healthy plant loaded with blossoms. Karma Peach isn't as prolific in blossoms but it is very healthy also. Looking forward to tasting these soon. We've had a stretch of some nice weather so things are looking up for sure!
Sue[/QUOTE]

Very happy to hear that Sue :) and Pete, ask me later in the season for some
K

NicolasGarcia June 26, 2019 02:17 AM

KARMA´S

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I show some pictures of my KARMAS, the plants are still small, KARMA pink are about to take color, eager to try them.
Greetings.
Nico

NicolasGarcia June 26, 2019 02:20 AM

KARMA pink

2 Attachment(s)
KARMA pink

Whwoz June 26, 2019 04:56 AM

Some nice looking plants Nico, you will enjoy KARMA Pink

KarenO June 26, 2019 11:30 AM

Hello Nico!
Such pretty plants you have there, are you getting the heat wave that I am reading about in Europe? Or are you in a place where hot temperatures are more normal and expected in summer?
Im looking forward to hearing what you think if these, you are the first person in Spain to grow them :)
Karen