Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Dr. Carolyn Male - hospitalized 5/30/13 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=28446)

Medbury Gardens June 9, 2013 01:42 AM

I wish you Carolyn all the best and hope you can regain your health again,

bower June 9, 2013 06:35 AM

I've been offline all week, so sorry to read about this illness, but very heartened that you're on the mend, Carolyn! :roll:
Your recovery will be in my thoughts, until I see you back again! :?:

Alpinejs June 9, 2013 08:22 AM

Dave....please continue with the updates for us.

I am sure Carolyn is sick of jello by now and needs to bite into a great
heirloom tomato!!

tam91 June 9, 2013 09:05 AM

I hope she doesn't have to stay at the rehab too long - I miss her!

ChrisK June 9, 2013 10:32 AM

Get well soon, Dr. C! Hope you are able to watch some of the great Nadal-Ferrer play at the French Open!

Chris

Dukerdawg June 9, 2013 11:16 AM

So worried I was scared to look this morning but I see great news! That is just fantastic. Made my day and more!!!! Speedy recovery Carolyn!

greyghost June 9, 2013 11:27 AM

I know rehab is the best place for you now, Carolyn, but I can't wait until
I hear that you're home! I hope the pain is gone-I'm a bit worried about that.
Darlene

Germinator June 9, 2013 12:13 PM

Dear Carolyn,

Haven't been online for quite some time and just read about your hospitalization. It seems you are in good hands there and hopefully be back in the saddle soon. RE tennis, hope you got to see the Djokovic/Nadal match in the hospital. By now you know the winner.

Get home soon as Wimbledon is around the corner.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Germinator

Doug9345 June 10, 2013 06:12 PM

I'm glad to see that you are out of the hospital. I hope that they'll release you out of rehab soon also. Then you can go home, get some rest and snuggle with your kitties.

Mischka June 11, 2013 12:28 PM

UPDATE:

After Carolyn was moved to a rehab on Friday, I had no information as to which one she had been transferred. Glens Falls Hospital (rightfully so) refused to give out any of her information because of HIPPA laws.

After finding a workaround for that, I managed to track her down and obtained the number to the phone in her room. She sounded much better; like her old self. I read more of the posts in this thread to her over the phone and she asked me to thank you all again for your words of encouragement.

I asked her if she was doing better with getting around using her walker.

She replied[I] "Let me tell you, one size does not fit all!"

[/I]So I asked[I] "What do you mean, Carolyn? Is the walker not the right size for you?"

"No! I'm talking about these darned johnnies they're making me wear! I have to walk down to the PT room and the nurses said that I couldn't go looking like this."

"Looking like what?!?"

"They don't cover my backside completely, because they're too small. I was offered a towel, but how in the Hell they expect me to hold it up while using a walker is beyond me."

"So what do you do?"

Short pause, then: "I walk down just the way I look. I'm past the point of feeling self-conscious and modest. At my age. I don't give a $hit!" [/I]

[I](Bursts of laughter)[/I]

Pure Carolyn! Sporting a full moon at the Pleasant Valley Infirmary. :))

Again, I heard her trying to bribe a nurse to go down to the local bakery to pick her up some pastries. I told her that nobody, especially a nurse, was going to bring sugar-laden sweets to a diabetic in the hospital.

She remarked [I]"That's ok, I have some Mauser's dark chocolate waiting for me in the drawer back home!"[/I]

I just shook my head. She's an incorrigible woman when it comes to confectionery goodies.

The nurses were back in the room at this point, fussing about something so we had to hang up. I'm going to try calling her later this afternoon and if she's not busy mooning the physical therapists again, I'll update you all. :lol:

lurley June 11, 2013 12:33 PM

Excellent to hear she is recovering and back to being her feisty self :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ginger2778 June 11, 2013 12:35 PM

OMG- that's just hysterically funny! I got an unfortunately good visual from that post, Mischka.
So good to hear that Carolyn is progressing that well. Thank you.
Marsha

Germinator June 11, 2013 12:40 PM

Thanks for update, Micschka. That is so Carolyn. I just hope she is home before Wimbledon starts (June 24) as she may have to pull some antics to get the nurses to change the TV from Soaps to Tennis!!

Germinator (Suzanne)

bcday June 11, 2013 12:43 PM

Thanks for the update, Mischka.
Attagirl, Carolyn. Get your PT, full moon and all, and go home. That chocolate is calling you!

OmahaJB June 11, 2013 12:53 PM

I haven't posted yet so I'll wish Carolyn a speedy recovery. I absolutely disdain the idea of being cooped up in a hospital and hope to never have to again. Good luck to her getting better and out of there soon.