Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Random Pictures. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35477)

Vespertino April 21, 2015 06:03 PM

Worth, you've done an amazing job in your garden. And I especially love the food pics, we all like to eat well and it's good to be reminded that a fantastic home-cooked meal increases one's quality of life :)

Worth1 April 21, 2015 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you do with some red wood and blue stain?
You mix it up and make a magenta shelf for your beer. :lol:

[ATTACH]48281[/ATTACH]

Worth1 April 22, 2015 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Early Girl and Bluebonnets.
[ATTACH]48309[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48310[/ATTACH]

Vespertino April 22, 2015 09:06 PM

Bluebonnets!

I bought some seeds but haven't planted yet, I heard you have to scrape the seed coating and give em a soak before planting or else it takes a couple years for them to sprout. Any truth to that or did I hear a line of hooey from some amateur?

AlittleSalt April 22, 2015 09:16 PM

We went almost to Glen Rose on our way to the MRI in Granbury today. There were a lot of wildflowers along the way. Next month should be absolutely beautiful with wildflowers.

Worth1 April 22, 2015 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=Vespertino;467009]Bluebonnets!

I bought some seeds but haven't planted yet, I heard you have to scrape the seed coating and give em a soak before planting or else it takes a couple years for them to sprout. Any truth to that or did I hear a line of hooey from some amateur?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so the year before last my late wife and I planted these seeds along the yard.
They sprouted the next year at about the same time she passed away.
Then again this year they sprouted on there own.

I was reluctant to post the pictier of them because it was one of the last things we planted together.
But here they are.:)

I would also like to thank you in your previous post about your kind words.
I really appreciate it.

I would like to thank everyone for your support.
Maybe one day I can put the words together to tell you all why.

This thread and my garden has been a life saver for me.

Worth

whistech April 22, 2015 09:44 PM

Worth, what a beautiful tribute to your wife. God Bless You.

Worth1 April 23, 2015 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=whistech;467032]Worth, what a beautiful tribute to your wife. God Bless You.[/QUOTE]

After reading your post last night I uncontrollably broke down and started to cry.
So much so that my cat Smokey saw it and came over and got in my lap.
That made it worse as Smokey was Nancy's cat more so than mine.
But all is well.

As for my new avatar it is one of our cats we had that showed up one day his name was squeaker.
He was a stray that was hanging out across the street at a ladies house.
My wife my next door neighbor lady thought we could go over and get it and bring it home.
It wouldn't have anything to do with us.
As we were walking back across the street I looked back and it was on its side looking at us.
Later that night I looked in the kitchen window and he was looking at us.
Then even later that night I looked in the garage and he was sleeping on the lawn mower seat.
The next morning he came in the house and he introduced himself to my dogs and the rest of the critters.:lol:
Here is a larger view.
[ATTACH]48321[/ATTACH]

RobinB April 23, 2015 05:26 PM

Worth,

What a wonderful thread. I just read through the whole thing. My dad was from Texas (Sterling). I love seeing all your wonderful plants and meals.

Love the bluebonnets. I hope seeing them, and the fact that they came back, is a comfort in some way for you. They are beautiful!

Worth1 April 24, 2015 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=RobinB;467232]Worth,

What a wonderful thread. I just read through the whole thing. My dad was from Texas (Sterling). I love seeing all your wonderful plants and meals.

Love the bluebonnets. I hope seeing them, and the fact that they came back, is a comfort in some way for you. They are beautiful![/QUOTE]
Thanks Robin. :)

Folks here is Smokey relaxing on one of my sprinkler valve boxes.
It is one of her favorite spots in the garden.
[ATTACH]48350[/ATTACH]

Worth1 April 25, 2015 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next project old school lamp.
I rescued this thing out of the trash several years ago it works great.
[ATTACH]48407[/ATTACH]

efisakov April 25, 2015 07:07 PM

Some old things work better than a new once.

Worth1 April 25, 2015 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cactus starting to bloom.
[ATTACH]ACH]

NewWestGardener April 26, 2015 02:40 AM

I really like the reddish color you used on the raised beds/posts. I think I will borrow the idea to build some trellis.
Worth, is there a simple way to repaint old wooden boards? I have a big pile of deck boards I want to reuse, but I can't stand the pink color.

Worth1 April 26, 2015 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=NewWestGardener;467982]I really like the reddish color you used on the raised beds/posts. I think I will borrow the idea to build some trellis.
Worth, is there a simple way to repaint old wooden boards? I have a big pile of deck boards I want to reuse, but I can't stand the pink color.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I forgot about you I'm getting ready to leave.

I would try a solid stain on them that is what I use.

While I'm here.
This is what I came up with to store all of those pesky canning rings. :lol:
[ATTACH]48431[/ATTACH]
Worth