Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My 2013 heirloom tomato garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29158)

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This three big Purple Dog Creek tomatoes were picked 2 days ago. They are 2 pounds and 12.3 ounces in total.
The second picture was of today's harvest with the biggest one in the third picture (16.7 oz). It should be called Purple Horse Creak.:yes::lol:

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
KBX and Old Time Purple. Each tomato was a bit more than a pound.

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Marizol Bratka, PL variety.

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Marlowe Charleston is one of the tastiest tomato and it keeps on giving this big juicy maters.

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Omar’s Lebanese. This was a surprise, the first to ripen this year. The biggest in this group was 15.2 ounces.
This year is very strange, at the beginning of the season tomatoes were very tasty, as the season progresses they usually improve the taste. Not this year, maybe it was due to all the diseases.

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Old Time purple, 13.2 ounces. It started setting fruits a bit late but given few so far and has few more still green, all in a close to a pound range.

efisakov August 7, 2013 10:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The rest of today's pick.

BucksCountyGirl August 7, 2013 01:28 PM

Still looking awesome, Ella. Congrats!

efisakov August 10, 2013 10:53 AM

I have sprayed my tomatoes (thinking it is fungus), not too consistently but still. Well, as previously complained about bugs, I do believe that small green LEAFHOPPER (about 3 mm long) is my biggest problem. Last year and this year there are so many of them. As I looked them up, wow, they make such a huge damage to leafs of the plants that looks just like a septoria would. I am going to spray with my old home remedy baking powder, dish detergent, and Epsom salt. I helps with fungus and deter bugs too.

Alfredo August 10, 2013 10:57 AM

Those tomatoes are still looking good Ella...really nice sized varieties you have growing there.
~Alfredo

efisakov August 10, 2013 11:08 AM

There are not too many green once left on the plants, they appear to be stunned. It can be so many things.
I sprayed with bleach yesterday to fight diseases. I asked Bills if it helps with bugs and the answer was "unfortunately NOT". Now I am spraying to deter bugs. There is more than a month left is this season, I am trying to save my plants and have few more tomatoes set and ripen.:evil:

efisakov August 12, 2013 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Big Rainbow. Not to productive for me, the taste is sweet, not bland. My DH was wowed.:yes::lol:

efisakov August 12, 2013 08:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Depp's Pink Firefly. Production is so so. Taste ok, noting special. It may be that kind of year, not all the tomatoes holding their taste consistently well. Depp's Pink Firefly is late tomato and probably likes more sun, warmer temperatures.

newatthiskat August 12, 2013 09:04 AM

All those tomatoes look yummy! How many total plants did you start with?? How much total production do you think you had? I am jealous LOL

Tania August 12, 2013 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=efisakov;370733]Depp's Pink Firefly. Production is so so. Taste ok, noting special. It may be that kind of year, not all the tomatoes holding their taste consistently well. Depp's Pink Firefly is late tomato and probably likes more sun, warmer temperatures.[/QUOTE]

My Depp's Pink Firefly is also shy producing fruits. I have very few tomatoes set on the plants, and they are still small - look like it'll be September harvest.

I thought we had plenty of sunshine and warmth this year so far!