Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Tomatopalooza™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Who's attending Tomatopalooza™ V? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=5785)

NCTIM July 12, 2007 12:06 AM

Going for three in a row. I'm looking foward to seeing everyone. I expect that my uncle will also be coming back and I'm hoping another friend of mine will also attend. All three of us should have something to bring.

Tim

Mischka July 23, 2007 01:00 AM

[B][I]5 days left until Tomatopalooza™![/I][/B]

Anyone else coming? I'll be departing from here late Thursday night so that I can avoid the nasty traffic in NYC.

Initially I had planned on flying but I could use a little road trip fun. I also prefer having my own car vs. a rental. Seems like I always end up with one that smells like it was used to transport wet goats. :dizzy:

Suze July 23, 2007 01:39 AM

I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone and tasting some tomatoes.

Rena July 23, 2007 07:49 PM

Edited to add: Not looking good, have a sick child with the throw ups. Even if she feels better we would not want to share the (germ-love).

nctomatoman July 23, 2007 09:19 PM

Wonderful, Rena! It is always so hard to judge who is coming locally, we always end up fearing few will show - then get overwhelmed! It will be a mystery, that's for sure...but no matter what, we will have a great time!

caascher2 July 24, 2007 08:15 AM

I am excited about attending this Sat. New to growing Heirlooms I am curious about the different varieties that will be there. I know from my own garden what I want to repeat next year, but would like to add a few new ones, so this will be the perfect opportunity to try some out. I will bring some of my tomatoes as well.
Looking forward to meeting everyone too.
Carol

nctomatoman July 24, 2007 09:52 AM

I've been in contact with a local newspaper garden writer who is planning to attend - and may publicize it in the newspaper this coming Saturday....though I asked her to word it carefully if she does (kind of a "donate some tomatoes from your garden, and taste a whole load of them with like minded tomato freaks..sort of thing - I want to avoid a massive drop in because we are curious sort of thing).

JerryL July 24, 2007 11:07 AM

[SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]I am sooooo bummed that I won’t be attending this year. But with having just returned from Italy (stealth gloat:oops: ) I just can’t get away. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]I’m sure Tomatopalooza V will be a rousing success.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Please be sure to take lots of pictures of both tomatoes and people.[/SIZE][/FONT]

GManess July 24, 2007 03:24 PM

We''l be there ... empty bags this year

My son and I will be in attendance, unfortunately empty handed. I got a late start this year and I am still at least 3 weeks out from picking my first fruit. Hopefully things will be in full production for the Heirloom Festival at Monticello in Blacksburg in September. Jerry, I'll wear my 2006 CHOPTAG hat to the event in your stead. Looking forward to the get together and meeting alot of new folks.

Patrina_Pepperina July 25, 2007 10:22 AM

Hope that folks in the Dwarf Project who attend will have some project tomatoes to take and have a mini taste testing with pen and paper in hand.

Of course, there's more exciting tomatoes and all sorts of other wonders at such a gathering apart from the project - I sure would love to be there! 8)

Have a great time!!!

Patrina

Mischka July 26, 2007 11:00 PM

Three hours until departure for me...tick - tick - tick. I tried to take a nap but I'm too wound up to sleep. I'm bringing a video recorder and hope to be able to post clips of the highlights when I return home. :)

[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]"Tomatopalooza™ V or bust!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][U]See y'all there.[/U] ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Suze July 27, 2007 07:24 PM

We're here in Durham -- Morgan, Misch, and I are sitting around in the room talking, and getting ready to go to dinner. See everybody tomorrow!

nctomatoman July 27, 2007 09:21 PM

And what wild weather we had this evening! Glad you all are here (whoops...y'all!). Weather should be fine tomorrow, typically NC type - less of a chance for storms than today. Perfect tomato tasting weather!

See you tomorrow!