Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2012 Tatiana's tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=24787)

kath August 30, 2012 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Tania;300879]I love Kath's 2012 thread, and it was a real inspiration for me.

[Kath, I hope you do not mind me copying your posting style...]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tania- I think the more folks that post pics the better!

Tania August 30, 2012 02:48 PM

Texas Wild - August 12

6 Attachment(s)
Tiny little thing with strong balanced flavor. I hate cutting each fruit to remove seeds - but I was still doing it, as I wanted both the seeds and the remains of the fruit in my salad ;)

Tania August 30, 2012 02:50 PM

Sleeping Lady - August 12

5 Attachment(s)
Nice tomato, but I was somewhat disappointed with its small size - I expected larger fruits. It is very productive and early.

Tania August 30, 2012 02:52 PM

Lollipop - Augiust 12

3 Attachment(s)
This is another cherry tomato that I did not have high expectations for, but it surprised me with a sweet fruity taste. I thought it was better tasting than early Galina's fruits!

Tania August 30, 2012 02:54 PM

Homemade Pickles and Russian pancakes for dinner - August 13

2 Attachment(s)
not tomatoes, but I wanted to post these pictures anyway :)

clara August 30, 2012 02:57 PM

Very well done, Tania! I love your pics and your comments! There will surely be many more in the next days, I suppose. clara

Tania August 30, 2012 03:01 PM

506 Dwarf Bush Early - August 15

2 Attachment(s)
This sweetie took its time to mature fruit. The plants got caught outside in a freezing spell back in April, and it took time to recover. I did not have much hope for them, and was surprised by good fruit set.

Both plants gave me a range of interesting fruit shapes, from round to hearts to flattened and ribbed cuties. Very sweet flavor (I am guessing it is perhaps a result of the stress they were subjected to). No seeds in the first dozen of fruits.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:04 PM

Perfect Storm - August 15

6 Attachment(s)
This is Tom Wagner's creation with late blight resistance. However, the plant did get some late blight damage (while its neighbour Tomadose Des Comores did not).

Acidic taste, gives a good 'kick' to a salad. Nice firm flesh.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=clara;300958]Very well done, Tania! I love your pics and your comments! There will surely be many more in the next days, I suppose. clara[/QUOTE]

Thank you clara! yes, more pictures are coming. I will also be adding pictures to the varieties I already posted above (as I go through my picture directory chronologically) - so please check back.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:18 PM

Tomadose Des Comores - August 15

4 Attachment(s)
Well, this one was another surprise for me. I had seeds from 2 different sources, and got PL plants from one of them and RL from the other. Other than the leaf type, everything else is identical - fruits, color, earliness, growth habit, and even late blight resistance (which was remarkable). I am guessing the PL variant may have been a mutation.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:23 PM

Black Krim - August 16

9 Attachment(s)
Wow, first large tomato in my garden this year! No surprise that it was Black Krim, as it has always been quite early for me.

I am growing plants from 2 sources to compare, and so far everything is identical - fruit color (beautiful purple, [B]clear [/B]epidermis), size, productivity, fruit shape. We yet to compare flavor side-by-side.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:27 PM

Taimyr - August 16

3 Attachment(s)
Supposedly a very early Russian tomato, but we were joking that a few 'Americans' beat it for earliness. Still early though! :)

Firm flesh, nice flavor. Typical 'tough' Russian ('tough' not in terms of fruit, but in terms of cold tolerance, don't get me wrong! :lol:)

It is a determinate dwarf (tree-type) plant.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:28 PM

Sibirjak - August 16

1 Attachment(s)
Remarkably early and nice flavored. Would be my fav 'Russian' for an early medium red tomato.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:32 PM

Sonica - August 16

3 Attachment(s)
Another segregation line of the Sungold F1 x Mom's cross, with a very cure shape and interesting coloring. I suppose it is technically a red tomato, but it goes through an interesting color change as a ripens, remaining sort of bi-colored for a long long time. It is also a very good keeper, and unbelievable producer. It is worth continuing stabilization efforts.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:36 PM

Aunt Ruby's Yellow Cherry - August 16

6 Attachment(s)
This one blew me away by its unbelievable productivity. The plant suffered some late blight damage, and I had to remove almost all the foliage in the attempt to control the spread of the disease. Basically I got a bare plant with loads of cherry fruits that continue to ripen on the vine and I continue to pick dozens every day. Wild sweet flavor.