Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2018/2019 MMMM questions (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48519)

Tormato January 9, 2019 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=audrey17;723478]I received seeds for this in the MMMM & have searched all over the net to no avail for ANY info on this watermelon! The only info on the label is the name & that it weighs from 8-10 pounds. I searched for variations of the name (in case I was reading the label incorrectly) & I found bupkas, nada, nothing!!:?

Anyone know anything about it?

Audrey[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the donor from a couple of years ago can respond, if they see this.

In my search, I accidentally found "purple watermelon seeds". I believe it to be one of the worst photo-shopped images ever.:?:

audrey17 January 9, 2019 07:10 PM

Thanks Gary...if no one clues me in about them, I’m just gonna’ plant them in the spring & see what I get!

I ran across the “purple” watermelon pics too!! They are SO bad!! Apparently, there are those poor gullible souls who believe/d that such a monstrosity exists! I’m thinking about poorly photoshopping teeny tiny donuts onto brussels sprout stalks & offering seeds for sale! *tee-hee*

salix January 9, 2019 08:50 PM

Audrey - and then send Cheerios in small plastic bags as the seeds?

pmcgrady January 9, 2019 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;723552]Hopefully the donor from a couple of years ago can respond, if they see this.

In my search, I accidentally found "purple watermelon seeds". I believe it to be one of the worst photo-shopped images ever.:?:[/QUOTE]

Was it in the new Burpee catalog? 8-)

hl2601 January 11, 2019 04:46 PM

I received "Serendipity". Is this the bi color beefsteak or Sarandipity-the Dwarf? I think I may have seen it listed originally on the MMMM spoiler dwarf list?

Also, any info on Elbonian Hip Deep?

Tormato January 12, 2019 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=salix;723593]Audrey - and then send Cheerios in small plastic bags as the seeds?[/QUOTE]

To the people gullible enough to buy them, I think they should get Froot Loops.

Tormato January 12, 2019 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=hl2601;723719]I received "Serendipity". Is this the bi color beefsteak or Sarandipity-the Dwarf? I think I may have seen it listed originally on the MMMM spoiler dwarf list?

Also, any info on Elbonian Hip Deep?[/QUOTE]

Serendipity is the indeterminate bi color.

I haven't written a description for Elbonian Hip Deep, yet. Next week, I hope.

Dogbert

MissMoustache January 12, 2019 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;723552]Hopefully the donor from a couple of years ago can respond, if they see this.

In my search, I accidentally found "purple watermelon seeds". I believe it to be one of the worst photo-shopped images ever.:?:[/QUOTE]

Sigh. It's like those photoshopped pictures of blue and rainbow roses. I work in a flower shop and people want them as plants, not realizing they're photoshopped or dyed. :no:

maxjohnson January 12, 2019 10:30 PM

Well this convinced me to grow orange watermelon this year.

Jonnyhat January 14, 2019 05:56 PM

so I have been totally AWOL from this site, but with the recent sale of the hotel I run to a new larger , cooler company and the change of my restaurant from a frozen food to microwave and fry to a true sit down authentic Italian place I am really starting to get anxious about the MMMM it looks like now I may have in addition to my home garden a rooftop garden at my hotel specifically for the new Italian restaurant. soo.. I am really excited to be able to showcase these tomatoes directly to the customer and the exec. chef is as well.

nancyruhl January 15, 2019 06:04 AM

How exciting, on both counts. Roof top gardens are great fun. Gutter gardens work great up there.

PlainJane January 15, 2019 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Jonnyhat;724029]so I have been totally AWOL from this site, but with the recent sale of the hotel I run to a new larger , cooler company and the change of my restaurant from a frozen food to microwave and fry to a true sit down authentic Italian place I am really starting to get anxious about the MMMM it looks like now I may have in addition to my home garden a rooftop garden at my hotel specifically for the new Italian restaurant. soo.. I am really excited to be able to showcase these tomatoes directly to the customer and the exec. chef is as well.[/QUOTE]

How exciting! I hope it all comes together for you, and here’s my favorite (so far) rooftop garden: Fenway Park in Boston.

audrey17 January 24, 2019 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;723844]To the people gullible enough to buy them, I think they should get Froot Loops.[/QUOTE]
...they would have to pay extra for the “multi-color” fruit loop mix! Cheerios or Fruit Loops, either way (sadly) I’d make a fortune!:no:

...still no clue about the “morrow/marrow “ watermelon!:evil:

Tormato January 26, 2019 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=audrey17;725063]...they would have to pay extra for the “multi-color” fruit loop mix! Cheerios or Fruit Loops, either way (sadly) I’d make a fortune!:no:

...still no clue about the “morrow/marrow “ watermelon!:evil:[/QUOTE]

If you start a separate thread on Yellow Morrow, perhaps the donor will see it.

beasl004 January 30, 2019 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=audrey17;723478]I received seeds for this in the MMMM & have searched all over the net to no avail for ANY info on this watermelon! The only info on the label is the name & that it weighs from 8-10 pounds. I searched for variations of the name (in case I was reading the label incorrectly) & I found bupkas, nada, nothing!!:?

Anyone know anything about it?

Audrey[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, I haven't been on the site in a while. My wife named it the Yellow Morrow in honor of her Grandfather. He grew this melon exclusively for 50+ years in Northern Alabama but never had a name for the variety. It has a darker yellow meat and is pretty sweet with a really good flavor.
I sent seeds saved from 2016 in last year. Let me know what questions you have and I'll try to be a little more prompt in responding.