Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Worth's Peppers and Tomatoes For 2016. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39075)

Worth1 January 25, 2016 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The starting team.
I ran out of potting soil.
Will get more tomorrow.
Worth
[ATTACH]55890[/ATTACH]

Zana January 25, 2016 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;528112]The starting team.
I ran out of potting soil.
Will get more tomorrow.
Worth
[ATTACH]55890[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I am sooooooo jealous.

Worth1 January 25, 2016 05:36 PM

I'm bound and determined to get the first full sized ripe tomato first pepper and biggest onion in all the land.:))

Worth

loulac January 26, 2016 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=Worth1;528116]I'm bound and determined to get the... biggest onion in all the land.:))
Worth[/QUOTE]

I knew Texas was the state of the cryingest onions, now you intend to get the biggest one, what will be left for us, unfortunate not Texas-born gardeners ?:blues::blues:

barefootgardener January 26, 2016 10:04 AM

I am enjoying looking at all your pictures and reading your posts Worth. You are working so hard and everything looks really good and healthy. That Indian Stripe plant looks great! Are you growing one plant of each variety?

When do your spring trees and shrubs start to bloom in your neck of the woods?

It is snowing again, and I have a few herb and flower seeds I will start sowing today to help settle down that growing itch I always get this time of year.

Thank you for sharing.

Ginny

Worth1 January 26, 2016 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fred the tomato plant at 15 inches.
[ATTACH]55920[/ATTACH]

Worth1 January 26, 2016 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=loulac;528211]I knew Texas was the state of the cryingest onions, now you intend to get the biggest one, what will be left for us, unfortunate not Texas-born gardeners ?:blues::blues:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

[QUOTE=barefootgardener;528232]I am enjoying looking at all your pictures and reading your posts Worth. You are working so hard and everything looks really good and healthy. That Indian Stripe plant looks great! Are you growing one plant of each variety?

When do your spring trees and shrubs start to bloom in your neck of the woods?

It is snowing again, and I have a few herb and flower seeds I will start sowing today to help settle down that growing itch I always get this time of year.

Thank you for sharing.

Ginny[/QUOTE]

I am trying to get at least one of each plant in a bigger container but plan on growing more in bigger containers when I get the chance to buy more soil.
I didn't go today as there was no need to.
I sure wasn't going to sit out in the cold rain and pot up plants.

The stuff will start to pop out here around the last of February and the first of march.
Some of my tinder plants haven't even lost last years leaves this winter.

Thank you all for looking.:)
Worth

Worth1 January 26, 2016 10:33 PM

Okay here is the plan if I can explain it properly.
I just looked on the forecast for the rest of February and we might have one or maybe two more nights of almost freezing weather.
I will continue potting up plants making sure I have at least one of each thing I have.
Then when I see what I want to see in nature I will plant some in the garden but not all.
If I only have one or two or maybe even three plants of a given variety I wont plant it out.
These will stay in their containers so they can be safe.
Fred and the New Big Dwarf that have had the extra treatment will stay in containers too until it is safe.
I will continue to shuffle plants around to and from bigger containers just in case there is a hail storm also.
These will be where the lesser plants come in.
The so called backup team.

I will also place and tie at each cage a big trash bag and it will go over the cage in preparation of a frost or freeze and in if there is a hail storm on the way.

Come one way or another I am going to try and have the biggest crop of tomatoes I have ever had since the great bumper crop of I think 2003.

Worth

Worth1 January 26, 2016 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mega bloom on Azoychka.
Worth
[ATTACH]55921[/ATTACH]

Gardeneer January 27, 2016 12:15 AM

That Azoy is going to be a boat shaped tomato. It is pretty early , 65-70 DTM ? or 100 -105 from seed . Last year Azoy was a star in my garden in productivity

pauldavid January 27, 2016 01:37 AM

Nice pics and good job! I see that you have been very busy. Good luck with everything Worth.

Gardeneer January 27, 2016 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Worth, I hope you don't mind .

Hear my Hahms Gelbe Topftomato @ 2 weeks from sowing.
Two of the have true leaves the other 2 don't yet.
Gardeneer

Father'sDaughter January 27, 2016 09:36 AM

Great plan Worth. I always have a back up team just in case. If I want one plant, I start two. I pot up one, but keep watering and feeding the "seconds" in their smaller pots. They stay around until the first round plants are out in the garden and growing well. I don't season-push anymore so frost danger doesn't play in which is why I now only keep one of each in reserve instead of two.

Last year I actually deployed two of the seconds when I had a mishap with one potted up plant, and the other was one that just seemed so determined to live that I took it right from it's starter pot and stuck it in my garlic bed in late June after discovering I had a crop failure with one garlic variety. It actually produced more fruit than it's sibling that had been potted up, grown larger prior to plant out, and planted earlier.

Worth1 January 27, 2016 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=Gardeneer;528402]Worth, I hope you don't mind .

Hear my Hahms Gelbe Topftomato @ 2 weeks from sowing.
Two of the have true leaves the other 2 don't yet.
Gardeneer[/QUOTE]

I dont mind at all bring them on.:D

[QUOTE=Father'sDaughter;528415]Great plan Worth. I always have a back up team just in case. If I want one plant, I start two. I pot up one, but keep watering and feeding the "seconds" in their smaller pots. They stay around until the first round plants are out in the garden and growing well. I don't season-push anymore so frost danger doesn't play in which is why I now only keep one of each in reserve instead of two.

Last year I actually deployed two of the seconds when I had a mishap with one potted up plant, and the other was one that just seemed so determined to live that I took it right from it's starter pot and stuck it in my garlic bed in late June after discovering I had a crop failure with one garlic variety. It actually produced more fruit than it's sibling that had been potted up, grown larger prior to plant out, and planted earlier.[/QUOTE]

Some people might think I am zone pushing but I dont think I am and I cant explain why.:lol:

One thing that is driving me crazy right now is I am looking for an answer to a question I have.
If a person be it an individual or a university is going to write about something they need to be specific.
NOT use terms like warm and cold.
Then if I start reading more blatant misinformation I just go click.

Worth

AlittleSalt January 27, 2016 11:12 AM

Worth, are you going to let the Mega bloom on the Azoychka grow out? I've read that some people get rid of them and others grow them.