Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2012 Tatiana's tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=24787)

Tania August 30, 2012 03:38 PM

Zemer Kau - August 16

5 Attachment(s)
I thought it was some interesting shape... No seeds in the first fruit.

The subsequent fruits seem to be more 'normal' looking.

Tania August 30, 2012 03:41 PM

Marlowe Charleston - August 16

2 Attachment(s)
Another large beefsteak - 2nd to ripen, after Black Krim. Very nice texture and great taste, we loved it.

This was my 3rd attempt to obtain correct seeds for this variety, after 2 unsuccessful tries. And it is a success! I am glad I kept looking for the real deal :)

Tania August 30, 2012 03:57 PM

NOT Sojourner South American

2 Attachment(s)
My second attempt to secure correct seeds of this variety failed again. I got pink fat plums instead of red hearts. The fruits were very juicy, with very good to excellent sweet taste, so I saved seeds anyway.

I have another plant in a greenhouse that shows some promise with its heart-shaped fruits, but it is so far from getting ripe! Will be looking for a real deal in winter, if the 2nd one turns out to be wrong too.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:01 PM

Early Annie - August 17

4 Attachment(s)
I thought I would lose this variety to late blight again this year. I almost did - lost all my container plants to LB in late July. But 1 plant survived under cover, and it produced ripe fruits. Yay! I will now have some seeds :D

Tania August 30, 2012 04:04 PM

Volovsko Srce - August 17

7 Attachment(s)
Very impressive variety. All 9 plants produced fruit early and in large numbers. This is a heart we have been eating every day since August 17, and I still have a large tray of fruits already picked. Meaty firm flesh and few seeds and sweet flavor. Yum! A 2012 winner.

Seeds available in my seed store now.

:love:

Tania August 30, 2012 04:10 PM

Pink Boar - August 18

5 Attachment(s)
Stunning color, perfect shape, outstanding strong flavor. Another winner!
Thank you Brad! :love:

Tania August 30, 2012 04:16 PM

NOT Chernyi Krim - August 18

4 Attachment(s)
It was supposed to be a 'real' Black Krim (=Chernyi Krim in Russian), but it turned out to be a small to medium sized pink tomato. Very nice flavor, but not the real deal. Very disappointing.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:20 PM

Double Rich - August 19

6 Attachment(s)
Acidic flavor. A good tomato, but I lost the plants to late blight after harvesting these two fruits. They say it was developed for high vitamin content.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:22 PM

Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye - August 19

5 Attachment(s)
I loved this tomato when I grew it first time in 2010, and I continue loving it.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:25 PM

Banana Cream - August 19

3 Attachment(s)
Early again this year. I lost plants to late blight in my container garden, but the remaining plant in the main garden is still holding up, so there is still some hope for collecting more seeds.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:28 PM

Blue Match - August 19

5 Attachment(s)
Interesting coloring when fruits start to turn, but it turns an ordinary bright red when fully ripe. Foliage is bluish, so I suspect Tom bred some OSU Blue types into this line. I was not blown away by the flavor, but it was still good.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:32 PM

Kozula's Striped Dark Violet #130 - August 20

3 Attachment(s)
Great tomato, it has a potential. Not sure how stable it is, given it is F4 generation.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:34 PM

Dwarf Mr. Snow - August 20

7 Attachment(s)
Much earlier this year, and we continue to love the taste. It is a wonderful tomato, kudos to the Tomato Dwarf Project Team!

Tania August 30, 2012 04:36 PM

Turks Muts - August 20

7 Attachment(s)
Very cute ruffled shapes and outstanding taste. One was pretty large, around 9 oz, but most are in 4-7 oz range. Pretty good yields too. I am impressed.

Tania August 30, 2012 04:40 PM

Pollock - August 20

4 Attachment(s)
This tomato was selected from Bonny Best for earliness and productivity by a northern BC gardener. I have to say that although it is a good tomato, I liked the meaty firm flesh and small seed cavities, but there seem to be many more tomato varieties that mature earlier in BC ;)

It is perfect and smooth, and nice tasting.