Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2016 Tomato and Garden Pictures (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39152)

MissS January 19, 2016 10:26 PM

I have seed for Noire De Crimee but have not grown it out yet. I will be trying it soon. Black Brandywine was very productive here but I did not care much for the taste.

If you would like I will share seed for Daniel Burson with you (and you only). It does not taste like Black Krim or CP, but it is excellent. It is not as sweet yet it is very well balanced and full flavored.

I am working on my grow list for this year. I am thinking of trying Black, Blackberry, Brazilian Beauty, Lavender Lake and to re-visit Paul Robeson which is one that I love. I won't be growing all of these I need to narrow it down to four.

jmsieglaff January 19, 2016 10:47 PM

I did some reading about Daniel Burson on a thread here and it sounds like a winner. I'll gladly take you up on your offer. Can I send you my seed list to see if I have something you'd like in return?

MissS January 19, 2016 11:04 PM

Sure, PM me.

jmsieglaff January 23, 2016 09:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple latest shots of the Pinocchio Orange microdwarf tomato. This one is about 1.5" tall, amazing how small these things are but I think after transplanting they're starting to grow a bit more--slightly more day length probably will help too.

jmsieglaff February 2, 2016 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Orange Pinocchio plants are really starting to grow faster. Not sure if that is increased day length or just a bigger more mature root system.

jmsieglaff February 14, 2016 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At a height a touch over 3", both plants are developing their first flowers!

jmsieglaff February 14, 2016 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And inspired by others here I organized my tomato and pepper seeds. Which made my existing organization better for the remaining seed types. Thanks for the idea!

MissS February 15, 2016 09:12 PM

Your plants are looking good. It won't be long for some blossoms.

I organized my seeds as well this year. It was way past due. Remember not to fill all of your pages full and leave plenty of space for NEW packs. That way you will not be having to move them all each time you get a new acquisition.

jmsieglaff March 3, 2016 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a little update to this micro dwarf tomatoes. First is the first flower that will soon open.

jmsieglaff March 3, 2016 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another of one of the plants, they are about 6-7" tall currently.

jmsieglaff March 19, 2016 09:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Orange Pinocchio micro dwarf update 3/19. The plants are about 10" tall, are branching nicely and are suddenly loading up with flowers. Both plants each had 1 flower open a couple weeks ago and set fruit. It took about another 10 days and now the flowers are really loading. I have an electric toothbrush I'm buzzing the flowers with, it seems to work well as I can see a little stream of pollen fall from the flowers when they are at the right stage.

jpop March 19, 2016 10:50 AM

Beautiful plants. Is that the size container these micros are going to live in?

jmsieglaff March 19, 2016 11:18 AM

Yep in hindsight I could have probably gone with 3 of them.

jpop March 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Maybe 4, they look very compact. What are the container dimensions.

jmsieglaff March 19, 2016 02:37 PM

It is 27x6x5" or just under 0.5 cubic feet.