Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Andrey's 2023 garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51618)

Yak54 April 30, 2023 01:04 PM

Thank you Andrey & KarenO for your response to my question. I didn't know Tarasenko produced "brown" fruit. I think I would like to try it for my garden next season.

Where is a good seed source for Tarasenko 6 ???

Dan

Andrey_BY April 30, 2023 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;770540]I have grown Terasenko 6. A very tall and vigorous vine with medium globe shaped brown fruit. It did quite well here for me. I have tried a number of the Terasenko varieties my favourite was Chyornyi of the ones I have grown. They all seem to do well in general here in Canada although I had some issues with BER on the pointed reds.
I am interested to see what Terasenko 7 is like, I hope you post photos. Is it a pointed red?

KarenO[/QUOTE]
Or course, I will do it. But Tarasenko 6 is red indeed. Something happen on your side that it became brown:D

Andrey_BY April 30, 2023 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=asmx91;770533]Your garden and your plants are looking great!
Anneliese[/QUOTE]

Hope to enjoy your garden pics soon too, thanks;)

KarenO April 30, 2023 01:47 PM

Hmm
Interesting. Perhaps I have my wires crossed. I’ll go back through my older pics and see. Maybe it was something else and I remember wrong. I’ll see if I can find a photo
Karen

KarenO April 30, 2023 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s what I grew from seed labeled Terasenko 6
It may have been from you, it came from the mmm swap I believe.
It was a reddish brown globe. Green gel so a gf red ( brown) tomato.
If it’s not correct that’s interesting and I would grow it again if it was a cross.
Karen

Andrey_BY April 30, 2023 01:58 PM

No, it is not Tarasenko 6 :)

KarenO April 30, 2023 02:07 PM

Ok that’s actually good ;) must have been a bee cross hybrid then. Explains the massive plant. I’ll have to grow some out next year and take a look at the plants again
Thanks Andrey
:)
KarenO

Andrey_BY April 30, 2023 02:14 PM

It should be a massive plant, but with red fruit. Black Tarasenko is a good name:)

Andrey_BY May 11, 2023 04:21 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Almost all pepper and tomato plants have been transplanted in 3 GHs in May 1 and May 8 and doing fine despite daily night frost.

CrazyAboutOrchids May 11, 2023 07:19 AM

Lovely, lovely photos - you have an eye with a camera!

rxkeith May 11, 2023 11:54 AM

i see a healthy looking clump of iris growing. i have a purple variety that dates
back to the late 40s early 50s. my mom said they came with the house. they are
a light purple in color, and fragrant. i have moved them every where i have lived.

keith

ddsack May 11, 2023 05:02 PM

Soup! I see soup! My favorite mid day meal, what kind is is?
Lovely flowers, and I'm happy for all the greenhouse and garden space that you have to work with.

Andrey_BY May 12, 2023 02:22 AM

[QUOTE=rxkeith;770599]i see a healthy looking clump of iris growing. i have a purple variety that dates
back to the late 40s early 50s. my mom said they came with the house. they are
a light purple in color, and fragrant. i have moved them every where i have lived.

keith[/QUOTE]
Yes, we have about 10 iris varieties in the garden. Not so old as yours:)

Andrey_BY May 12, 2023 02:28 AM

[QUOTE=ddsack;770602]Soup! I see soup! My favorite mid day meal, what kind is is?
Lovely flowers, and I'm happy for all the greenhouse and garden space that you have to work with.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this was a green borshch with fresh sorrel and eggs. It is known as Polish Sorrel Soup outside Belarus and Poland, but it is our traditional soup here;)
We have flowers everywhere here at dacha and at city home as well e.g. Begonias, Easter cactus (ripsalidopsis) - both on photos, Christmas cactuses of different colors, pelargoniums, citruses, succulents and others:)
Always searching for more varieties and colors, especially of forest cacti (ripsalidopsis, schlumbergera, epiphyllum, disocactus).

Andrey_BY May 16, 2023 03:22 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Everything's doing fine on the garden. The biggest epiphyllum is blooming with a very pleasant scent.