Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Marsha's 2017/18 photo thread (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46022)

Johnniemar October 13, 2017 10:43 AM

Great. I hear that it is a great tomato that i hope to grow next season. My wife and i are busy building raised beds this fall and filling them. Looking forward to growing about 60 tomato plants next year.

AKmark October 15, 2017 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;667889]Yes, I got 3 plants. Had to start about 20 seeds.[/QUOTE]

That is my fault. I can assume they set in the car or mailbox for too long and froze then thawed, etc. We had a really cold winter,(-30 a few times) I should have wrapped the seeds sent during those cold spells.
That probably is the case, I did not have any problems with my seed, and I use the same seeds that were sent. I will have some F8 soon, the F7 selections were very tasty, and had great yields.
I am growing out a few under a light this winter for seed, if anything exceptional comes up I will send some out.

Good luck

ginger2778 October 15, 2017 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=AKmark;668108]That is my fault. I can assume they set in the car or mailbox for too long and froze then thawed, etc. We had a really cold winter,(-30 a few times) I should have wrapped the seeds sent during those cold spells.
That probably is the case, I did not have any problems with my seed, and I use the same seeds that were sent. I will have some F8 soon, the F7 selections were very tasty, and had great yields.
I am growing out a few under a light this winter for seed, if anything exceptional comes up I will send some out.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

It's fine Mark, really. The bottom line is to have a plant grow right? So I got three of them that should be all I need. I'll probably only grow the one strongest one anyway. I think they were all from the plant 11 I don't think 41 had any viable seeds that I tried which is very sad. Anyway don't even give it a second thought because the plants that I got look very strong and I'm very much looking forward to growing them.

imp October 16, 2017 02:14 PM

Healthy looking babies! And love the bread tray carriers- beyond sturdy and so easy to clean, too!

ginger2778 October 16, 2017 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=imp;668182]Healthy looking babies! And love the bread tray carriers- beyond sturdy and so easy to clean, too![/QUOTE]

Thank you Suzy. Those crates will outlast me. I just hose them down, they stack too, storage is easy.

ginger2778 November 3, 2017 09:29 AM

This is from 10 days ago

1 Attachment(s)
47 Earthboxes and a few 7 gallon pots with barrier plastic under. No nematodes can get into the pots through the plastic bags.

KarenO November 3, 2017 09:32 AM

That is a fine looking tomato farm :)
KarenO

jmsieglaff November 3, 2017 09:37 AM

I garden virtually during the winter with all your tomato pictures, thanks!

Labradors2 November 3, 2017 10:32 AM

Looking great Marsha :)

Linda

encore November 3, 2017 12:56 PM

wow! looks like there is still room in that yard for more! lol---tom

ginger2778 November 3, 2017 02:59 PM

Thanks guys, yes, more room and I have 7 more tomato plants to pot up., plus herbs, soybeans, a tea bush, hard cane dendrobiums, yadda yadda......

ginger2778 November 3, 2017 03:03 PM

Moonlight Mile

4 Attachment(s)
Great variegated foliage, and look carefully, variegated stem too! And my cute little Cacao plant doing well with new growth after Irma attacked.

clara November 4, 2017 06:16 PM

Looking great, Marsha - as always!

Johnniemar November 5, 2017 06:23 AM

Beautiful plants marsha. Have you ever used bill's conduit structure for tomato supports. If so what did you think of it? I built one this week and am going to try it along with single stem pruning and lower and lean. I don't usually prune at all but i will prune this coming season to hopefully control foliage diseases better.

ginger2778 November 5, 2017 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=clara;670564]Looking great, Marsha - as always![/QUOTE]
Thank you Clara, great to hear from you.
[QUOTE=Johnniemar;670627]Beautiful plants marsha. Have you ever used bill's conduit structure for tomato supports. If so what did you think of it? I built one this week and am going to try it along with single stem pruning and lower and lean. I don't usually prune at all but i will prune this coming season to hopefully control foliage diseases better.[/QUOTE]

No, I have never used a conduit structure, growing in Earthboxes lends itself to cages better.