Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Growing In Containers (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Sorry No InnTainer Winter Project This Season - Just Had A Stroke (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=25517)

rwsacto November 18, 2012 05:00 PM

Ray,

I hope you have a speedy recovery. We appreciate all you have done for us.

Rick

Hulamom November 18, 2012 05:06 PM

So sorry to hear of your stroke but so very happy to know that you will recover. We love you here at T'ville. Take time to heal, especially during the holidays. I will keep you in my prayers.

peebee November 18, 2012 06:39 PM

I was just wondering why I haven't seen anything from you lately also. Must have been such a shock for you and your family...I know I speak for all of us here when I say take care, get lots of rest, and keep us posted of your recovery. You are in our thoughts.

Suzie

ginger2778 November 18, 2012 07:56 PM

Ray, like others have said, it can be a blessing in disguise. It's fantastic that no damage occurred.
If it happens again, take an aspirin immediately if you can, because when you have a stroke, you only have 6 hours for the clot to break up which is what aspirin does, and if you get to it in 6 hours or less, no permanent damage.
You have given me sound advice on retirement benefits, so I thought you may be able to use this advice.
Speediest of recoveries Ray, you are a unique contributor here and we need you.
Marsha

dokutaaguriin November 18, 2012 10:28 PM

Please take care of yourself, Ray.
Jeff

JamesL November 19, 2012 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=rnewste;311197]Just was discharged from the Hospital this afternoon.Had a clot lodge in the left side of the brain which has done little damage other than tempoary speach sluring.

Doctors said I was very lucky.

Raybo:D[/QUOTE]

ACK!!!! :panic: Ray, I was expecting a joke when I first read the thread title.
Pulling for you to make a complete recovery! Glad you are able to use the word temporary...
I echo everyone else in sending you positive thoughts.

nicky November 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Ray,
I'm so glad it was minor & hope that you are feeling better soon.
Best wishes

rnewste November 19, 2012 01:30 PM

Thanks for all your messages and prayers! Something like this is a real wake-upcall. Need to make some immediate lifestyle changes for recvery - no more Jack Daniels nor even a beer.

On a side note - My fantasy of getting a sponge bath from a pretty nurse was totally deflated when a guy named "OTTO" showed up to my room to do it. Another fantasy all blown away.

Working on the slurred speech right now. Wife is getting tired of the Joker line "Wait until they get a load of me!" if you remember that line from the Batman movie.

Raybo:D

kilroyscarnival November 19, 2012 02:01 PM

Okay, sense of humor totally intact. Clearly a vital sign.

RE: slurred speech, takes some work and time, but it sounds like you will give it both. By the way, just to mess with your wife, when you lose the slur, adopt an accent and see what happens.

Simone November 19, 2012 02:49 PM

Yep,
your humor has taken no damage. ;)

Ui, thats really bad. No pretty nurse.
Otto sounds like a tall, broad shouldered German! Maybe good for me..but for you...not really, hmmm:P

Hope you will be soon what you were before. Ups, thats a bad wish, of course you should resist such hard drinks.

Best wishes

Simone

Linda10 November 19, 2012 06:13 PM

Ray, I just saw this post today and was totally shocked. Really glad that you retained your great sense of humor through all this. Keep posting when you can. Hope your recovery is quick.

JamesL November 19, 2012 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=rnewste;311476]Thanks for all your messages and prayers! Something like this is a real wake-upcall. Need to make some immediate lifestyle changes for recvery - no more Jack Daniels nor even a beer.

On a side note - My fantasy of getting a sponge bath from a pretty nurse was totally deflated when a guy named "OTTO" showed up to my room to do it. Another fantasy all blown away.

Working on the slurred speech right now. Wife is getting tired of the Joker line "Wait until they get a load of me!" if you remember that line from the Batman movie.

Raybo:D[/QUOTE]

Ray,
I generally operate under the assumption that Jack Daniels improves slurred speech.
It would definitely turn Otto from a 4 into an 8....

salix November 19, 2012 07:31 PM

Oh my, what a shocking thread title - but what a relief to hear the good part of the news. Our thoughts and good wishes going out to you and your family, and hopes that a speedy and total recovery is not far away. Too bad about the beer and Jack Daniels, but it could have been a whole lot worse. What if they had said "No tomatoes, or fresh corn and peas?!?!!!"

Tania November 19, 2012 08:13 PM

Ray,

I went through a very similar drill last June, and although at that tie I was not sure I would regain all the lost functions, I think made it - the countless exercises helped! Also yoga (breathing exercises) and meditations have been very useful in my case.

Please get better soon, we will miss your wonderful garden stories!

Tatiana

dustdevil November 19, 2012 08:53 PM

Hi Raybo.

Sorry to here about your misfortune and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dust