Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My Garden season (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=28462)

BucksCountyGirl July 11, 2013 09:13 AM

I did get a pretty good haul...I'll have to get a picture for you. I didn't get a chance to weigh everything yet, but it filled my rather large harvesting basket!. Looks like you are really having them come in steady now. Isn't summer grand? ;) Cheers!

sjoella July 19, 2013 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is a great day!

Salsacharley July 19, 2013 04:18 PM

Oh my! Delightful!

BucksCountyGirl July 19, 2013 04:30 PM

Very Nice!

Deborah July 19, 2013 05:11 PM

WOW !!!

shelleybean July 19, 2013 05:49 PM

Whatcha gonna do with all those peppers? Serranos?

madddawg July 20, 2013 12:43 AM

You got some awesome looking soil, and frame work going on, Good job!, looks nice

lycomania July 20, 2013 02:18 AM

Wowee those pictures look amazing and mouth-watering! :D

sjoella July 21, 2013 09:30 AM

Thanks everyone :)

Michele--i usually will dry into pepper flakes all of the peppers combined. i use what i need for the day then what is left over turns into flakes. today will be rotel for canning! i have out 1/2 pound of flakes thus far, i am not real happy until i get a good amount of ghost in the mix and i only have 5 to date. when i get a real good n hot mix i will share with friends and family that enjoy hot like i do.

kath July 21, 2013 09:38 AM

A lovely haul for one day! Would you mind sharing how you make your pepper flakes?

kath

sjoella July 21, 2013 09:54 AM

yesterday i had serrano, cayenne, japaleno, banana (mild), and ghost. i put them all in the dehydrator. when they are good and dry i put them in an old "fry daddy" strainer which i like because it has large holes that seeds can fall thru then i take a "pestel" and mash them until it all falls thru the holes then i freeze it. i mix any and all peppers (well not bell peppers) i have harvested and at the end of the season i will have a really nice super extra spicy mix which you cant come close to heat in a typical store. i have a coffee bean grinder which i am planning on making fine flakes as well by taking the current mix and grinding it.

this season i am growing serrano, japaleno, cayenne, habanero, ghost and scorpion.

my favorite thing it use it is in pho ga which is simply thai chicken noodle soup. i will put it on just about everything especially hoagies, grilled stuff, rice and mexican dishes. my family likes hot, but not crazy hot...which is why i make it in the first place. i love love love hot!

kath July 21, 2013 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=sjoella;365252]yesterday i had serrano, cayenne, japaleno, banana (mild), and ghost. i put them all in the dehydrator. when they are good and dry i put them in an old "fry daddy" strainer which i like because it has large holes that seeds can fall thru then i take a "pestel" and mash them until it all falls thru the holes then i freeze it. i mix any and all peppers (well not bell peppers) i have harvested and at the end of the season i will have a really nice super extra spicy mix which you cant come close to heat in a typical store. i have a coffee bean grinder which i am planning on making fine flakes as well by taking the current mix and grinding it.

this season i am growing serrano, japaleno, cayenne, habanero, ghost and scorpion.

my favorite thing it use it is in pho ga which is simply thai chicken noodle soup. i will put it on just about everything especially hoagies, grilled stuff, rice and mexican dishes. my family likes hot, but not crazy hot...which is why i make it in the first place. i love love love hot![/QUOTE]

Very interesting technique- thanks for sharing! We don't like ours super hot but I appreicate your ideas for how to use it, too.:yes:

kath

madddawg July 27, 2013 04:18 PM

Hows the garden looking? Some Pictures please. Also, what kind of tomatoes are you growing? Did you ever say or did I miss it. Thanks

sjoella July 30, 2013 12:57 PM

17 Attachment(s)
how can i refuse!!! post pics...why of course i will!!!! this is all i have handy at the moment...

last night i canned 6 qts and 4 pints of rotel tomatoes which was about 20 or so lbs, and i brought into work another 8 lbs to share with folks here. no pics of that though..

this season i have grown

Brandywine, sweet million, black krim, cherokee purple, early treat, santa, jelly belly, odoriko, orange jubilee, rutgers hybrid, momotaro, orange plum, roma...and a volunteer from days gone past

Alfredo July 30, 2013 04:22 PM

Great pics sjoella...that is a seriously big harvest of tomatoes you're having already... Really nice garden space too.

~Alfredo