Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Marsha's Grow List Photos 2016/2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=43273)

Dark Rumor December 13, 2016 11:16 PM

Happiness is a kitchen counter full of home grown tomatoes:)

efisakov December 14, 2016 05:58 AM

Really nice harvest, Marsha.
Fresh tomato salad for Holidays! What can be better?
Great job, as always. Keep this pictures coming.

Fiishergurl December 14, 2016 07:46 AM

Incredible as usual... :-)

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ginger2778 December 14, 2016 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=Dark Rumor;604429]Happiness is a kitchen counter full of home grown tomatoes:)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=efisakov;604445]Really nice harvest, Marsha.
Fresh tomato salad for Holidays! What can be better?
Great job, as always. Keep this pictures coming.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Fiishergurl;604454]Incredible as usual... :-)

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes it is happiness! Thank you all.:)

KarenO December 14, 2016 11:42 AM

those big beauties are making the entire rest of the continent jealous, you realize that right ?:)
the bright side is we all know you will be saving seeds! enjoy your bounty!

KO

wildcat62 December 14, 2016 11:53 AM

Love the pics and descriptions. Gonna be months before i get a homegrown tomato but these pics make me want to start thinking about my growlist now. Keep them coming......

wildcat62 December 14, 2016 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Dark Rumor;604429]Happiness is a kitchen counter full of home grown tomatoes:)[/QUOTE]
Amen.....:yes:

newgardener_tx December 14, 2016 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;604151]I am a bad influence. Hehe. :)

Thanks!

I use Promix BX, I add a cup of Dolomite lime, and 3 cups of Tomato Tone. I follow the written EB instruction pamphlet exactly.
In the heat and height of the season I add water once per day. Right now it's every other.[/QUOTE]

I love this thread. So beautiful and so informative.
Do you fertilize with other things besides lime and tomato tone along the growing season? Thanks.

ginger2778 December 14, 2016 02:20 PM

Yes, once per week a teaspoon each of calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) are added down the EB tube. Tomatoes are heavy feeders.

newgardener_tx December 14, 2016 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;604498]Yes, once per week a teaspoon each of calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) are added down the EB tube. Tomatoes are heavy feeders.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Ready for 2017:)

greyghost December 15, 2016 10:13 AM

Really beautiful tomatoes, Marsha, I can't wait for more photos!
Ginny and Gardenboy also have some great photos-I wish I could like in FL over the winter!

ginger2778 December 15, 2016 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=greyghost;604650]Really beautiful tomatoes, Marsha, I can't wait for more photos!
Ginny and Gardenboy also have some great photos-I wish I could like in FL over the winter![/QUOTE]

Thanks Darlene. Are you staying warm enough?

ginger2778 December 15, 2016 12:06 PM

9 Attachment(s)
So several have ripened enough now to photograph. I haven't tasted these I am posting today because once you cut them you have to do something with them in a hurry.

Biyskaya Roza from my saved seeds from last year. I loved the flavor, and there are 7 or eight large fruit in this first round, and more flowers, healthy strong plant. This one weighs 12 oz. Thank you Ella for the seeds last year.

Green Gables F6, GWR, last year I grew the F4, sent F5 seeds to my friend Timothy, these very large but not very productive fruit are the result. This is a PL indet. With flavor in the F4 that rivaled Cherokee Lime, and that is saying something! The F4 had off the hook production.

Owen's Purple, cranking out the purple 6 oz fruit, just loaded. Indet RL.Thank you Darlene for the seeds.

Pruden's Purple, luscious Brandywine like pink fruit on a indet PL plant. Loaded. I love this and grow it every year. 1.5 lbs!

KarenO December 15, 2016 12:12 PM

mmmm. taking notes...
KO

ginger2778 December 15, 2016 12:26 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more: no taste reports yet.
The first 3 are of a complex cross I am growing generations of in the winter to advance it more quickly, working name Prime. Note the blunt heart, and pretty stripes. Not stable, no seeds available yet.
Rostova, seeds were a bonus from a TGS purchase. These are very productive slightly wispy RL indet plants, fruit weigh about 8 or 9 oz. I tasted an earlier fruit from these red hearts, it was sweet, meaty, yummy. 8.5/10
Akers West Virginia, Gardenboy is my neighbor, he said this was excellent, he gave me the seeds. Thank you Douglas.The first 2 are really large. RL, indet, medium production.

Girl Girl's Weird Thing, left one is riper. These stunning fruit are large plant is super strong, very productive, flesh is purple, taste is at least a 9/10. Plant is a RL, Indet.