Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2017 Ugly Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45014)

WaltRoos May 28, 2017 05:43 PM

Been There, Almost done that

[QUOTE=StrongPlant;643101]Never again.And the smell was...dreadful.[/QUOTE]

We have a Semi- Expressway 400 in Georgia USA . When it was first built there was a Large Pig Farm somewhere north of Atlanta. It was a real stinker, it smelled like the worst Human Sewage. I'm guessing that the County or Department of Transportation asked them firmly, with a bunch of money involved, to move their operations. IMO money well spent.

Had I lived near there, I think I would have called on the "A Team" to Nuke that place.

walt

PS Near that site, I tried to purchase some land, to Gentleman farm, that was downwind of a Rendering plant, I think they turn animal fat into Whatever. I am glad that deal fell thru.

AlittleSalt June 2, 2017 02:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Jimbotomateo;641124]:QUOTE=AlittleSalt;641114]It looks like there are 3 tomatoes in the picture, but there are only two. It's supposed to be Brandy Boy OP.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. Really looks like three. That might get ugly.:lol:. Wonder if it will ripen evenly?.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but it did get uglier.

heirloomtomaguy June 2, 2017 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my contenders. Its a Harless Creek Gold.

heirloomtomaguy June 5, 2017 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this ones beautiful but it does look like a doughnut. The variety is Barlow's Best Black. It fell off of the plant today when i was pruning:no:

Gardeneer June 5, 2017 07:52 AM

Very nice ugly looking tomatoes.:))

Spartanburg123 June 5, 2017 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;644976]I think this ones beautiful but it does look like a doughnut. The variety is Barlow's Best Black. It fell off of the plant today when i was pruning:no:[/QUOTE]

I also have a contender on my Barlow's Best Black plant. I'll post a pic when it starts blushing.

ddsack June 5, 2017 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Hudson_WY;643121]Here is one of our favorites - Mortgage Lifter (Bi-Color).[/QUOTE]

Hey, that one is beautiful in it's regular irregularity! It almost looks floral, or like it's trying to grow pearls! :lol: Greenhouse cool temps must be more pleasing than outdoor cool temps. :lol:

Cole_Robbie June 14, 2017 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my little guy, all grown up:

dmforcier June 14, 2017 07:52 PM

Yich! Suddenly I'm not hungry.

BigVanVader June 14, 2017 08:19 PM

Hemorrhoids suck, even for tomatoes.

MissS June 14, 2017 09:31 PM

Cole_Robbie's looks great!

WaltRoos June 17, 2017 05:40 PM

NASTY

Cole_ Robbie,

Since you let it get ripe, I really think it deserves a taste test. So may I suggest a 48 hour soak in Jack Daniels. Or if you are adverse to Fire Water, perhaps a 10 day soak in my favorite vinegar " Musselman's Apple Cider Vinegar " I have to go to a bit of trouble and order this stuff, but it's really Gooooood, and worth the trouble. It will definitely bring sweat to your brow and a tear or two to your eyes.

walt

Cole_Robbie June 17, 2017 06:16 PM

I ate him for breakfast today with an omelette. He was a Mat-Su Express, and thus tasty. I didn't eat the nose, though.

Cole_Robbie June 18, 2017 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My latest beauty. He looks like a ninja turtle.

WaltRoos June 18, 2017 05:24 PM

Radioactive Garden ?

Just this last week, I received a New Geiger Counter from Europe. I'm thinking you may want to get yourself one. Is there a nuclear waste site near you ? Well you know, better safe than to glow in the dark.
I live near The old Lockheed open shielded (not shielded) Nuclear Test Site in Dawsonville, Ga., so I always keep me a Geiger counter handy so I don't drag home some of the really bad stuff. None so far thanks to after the fact extra site clean up.

walt

That's a beauty and well named.