Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2016 NJ urban tomato garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39702)

jmsieglaff May 16, 2016 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=luigiwu;560435]UGH, just finished planting out all my plants today and BAM, its the coldest its been in a while, going down below 50s.. sigh[/QUOTE]

This spring has been most unkind!

efisakov May 16, 2016 08:38 PM

It was 41 by us. Tomatoes and peppers survived. Hopefully it was ok by you too. After this temperatures should be improving. We need some mid 70 or so. Cucumbers were planted a week ago. They may not make it.

efisakov May 26, 2016 08:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
New pictures. May 26, 2016. It was 90 degrees today. May 16 we had night time temperature going down to 41. :roll:

efisakov May 26, 2016 08:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Tomatoes. Most of them are blooming, but nothing set yet.

...and potatoes with onions in containers.
Just experimenting.

MissS May 26, 2016 09:04 PM

Your flowers are lovely. I do hope that they last with all of your heat.

The tomatoes look nice and healthy. Your gardens are so very neat and tidy.

Your Amaryllis is like mine it blooms in the spring, when I want it to bloom for Christmas. They have their own time and I do not know how to force them for winter.

ginger2778 May 26, 2016 10:13 PM

Just lovely, Ella.

Worth1 May 26, 2016 11:47 PM

Looks fantastic Ella.
I always look forward to your new pictures.

Worth

efisakov May 27, 2016 05:44 AM

Thank you, Patti, Marsha and Worth. Hope your gardens prosper as well. Love to see more pictures from you.
I lost Blackberry tomato to cat (dug out and broken). I replaced it with another plant. ... 2 cucumbers to squirrels. Was upset for a while but am trying to stay positive and looking forward to a first tomato setting.

efisakov May 29, 2016 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They smell sooo good.

luigiwu May 29, 2016 08:27 PM

Ella what are those white flowers growing along the side of the house?
Today I've counted a couple of tomato sets (woohoo!Cosmonaut Volkov) and about 3 cucumbers (I hope they got pollinated!!) Shi★★★★-os by the handful and what looks like a green pepper, maybe King of the North?

efisakov May 30, 2016 08:43 AM

Luigiwu, they are white peony (nice fragrant). I do not know variety name, unfortunately. Some peonies have fragrance and some do not. They were on the property when we purchase the house. We were told that old owners had beautiful garden, the next owner was a contractor and did not care about this stuff. He cut with a grass cutter everything. Some came up in spring after we got the house, like this peony (I moved it), beautiful red velvety rose, hosta, phlox, iris, daffodils, and other once I do not even know their names.
I purchased 3 more peonies, but they are not as big as the one from the original owner.

nancyruhl May 30, 2016 09:42 PM

I would guess that peony is Festiva Maxima. The variety has been around for a while. My mom had it in her garden.

efisakov May 31, 2016 06:03 AM

[QUOTE=nancyruhl;564757]I would guess that peony is Festiva Maxima. The variety has been around for a while. My mom had it in her garden.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, nancyruhl. They are getting lots of comments from neighbors and friends.

efisakov June 5, 2016 10:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thise zucchini and broccoli needed protection from squirrels and cats digging.

efisakov June 5, 2016 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dwarf Sweet Sue, Rosella Purple and Crimson Streak.
Few Celery.