Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Kambuzi peppers - what a treat (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47965)

Gerardo September 15, 2018 09:46 AM

Thanks for the seeds!

ginger2778 September 15, 2018 11:13 AM

2 are up!

ScottinAtlanta September 15, 2018 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;714715]2 are up![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the report. Always a little worried until they pop up. My bushes are covered with hundreds of these peppers right now.

ScottinAtlanta October 12, 2019 11:42 AM

Folks, How did your Kambuzi plants do this year? Mine are smothered with peppers - difficult to even pick them all.

A tip - if you roll the pepper in your fingers as you pick it, you leave the stem on the plant, so you can process or freeze the pepper without cutting off the stem end on these little peppers.

bjbebs October 13, 2019 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I grew 3 plants, two in pots and the other in ground. All were big producers on big branching plants. They've handled the last couple 32 deg. nights just fine. My go to snackin pepper when I'm in the garden. I tone them down with a mouthful of Biquino Reds. I grow several hots for looks alone and this one is gorgeous when loaded up. Thanks Scott, for the seed. Anything in the picture look good? Need seed?

eyegrotom October 13, 2019 01:47 PM

I had 2 plants about 10 to 12 inches that were doing really good, and then they got attacked by a bunch of Ants. They didn't make it. I will start some more in a couple of months. Mike

ScottinAtlanta October 13, 2019 03:22 PM

The Biquino Reds look nice. I grew Biquino Yellows this year, and my family loved the pickled Biquinos.

ScottinAtlanta October 13, 2019 03:23 PM

By the way, the Kambuzis make a great pepper jelly.

roper2008 October 15, 2019 09:35 AM

I was hoping to acquire some of these seeds this summer, but no luck. If anyone wants to trade for some, let me know.

Thanks Linda

ScottinAtlanta October 16, 2019 03:13 AM

Linda, I sent you some in Feb. I will send you some more - still have your address. Best, Scott

roper2008 October 16, 2019 07:59 AM

Never got them.

seasyde October 27, 2019 07:21 PM

Woke up this morning to find a light frost on the roof tops, so today was the official end of the garden this year.

The Kambuzi peppers were beautiful. Only problem is Seattle's mild summer. I got 2 peppers ripe and lots of green ones. I've decided to over winter the plants so I get a head start next year. Looking forward to tasting them. Thanks for the seeds

Lorri

ScottinAtlanta October 28, 2019 01:04 PM

They over winter well, but prune them back. No need to keep all of the little branches over the winter.

seasyde October 28, 2019 04:45 PM

I cut them way back. Hopefully at least one of the three will make it! I also have some seeds left so if necessary I can start them again - but I will start them earlier if I do!

ScottinAtlanta October 28, 2019 07:28 PM

They are thrice as productive in year 2. Just don't over water them through the winter. You want to keep the main stem and roots alive, not the branches. It's fine if they turn brown brittle, but the main stem is the keeper.