Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Huerto Urbano Tijuanense 2016 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39341)

heirloomtomaguy January 27, 2017 01:51 PM

I used to like Ocean Forest and could get it for 9 bucks a 1.5 cubic foot bag but a while back i started to notice alot of filler like pea gravel and larger sticks. Since then i switched to Aurora Innovations soil like Roots Organic or 707 formula and never looked back. I dont know how my local hydro guy Carl does it but his soil is always so cheap he must be only making a few cents off of every bag. It must be shear bulk sales to make a profit.

Gerardo January 27, 2017 09:17 PM

i think their cost hovers around 20 bucks or thereabouts, great stuff. I tried fox farms one time and it was really hot--fried some peppers.

Gerardo January 27, 2017 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=Jimbotomateo;612773]Cool, Gerardo. Are you getting rain down there? "Some" assembly.lol. Jimbo.[/QUOTE]

got a ton of rain. Drought is no more

Gerardo January 27, 2017 09:26 PM

that Aztec perlite has decent sized chunks not really the Big chunks u mention 16 bucks for 4 cf Works for me

Gerardo January 27, 2017 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=Cole_Robbie;614043]Ocean's Forest is $30 here for the 3 cubic foot bag. I was thinking it would be worth it to mix in a few handfuls into my cheap pro mix.[/QUOTE] plus a dose of Sugar's Bm and you'll have mighty happy plants

Gerardo January 28, 2017 04:32 AM

life begins

3 Attachment(s)
these will be very good tomatoes

[ATTACH]69215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69216[/ATTACH]

Been somewhat cold. At elevation, Cuyamaca.
[ATTACH]69217[/ATTACH]

ginger2778 January 28, 2017 07:08 AM

Gerardo, I love that stage where the seedlings are just elbowing up and standing. It gives me joy.
Cuyamaca looks gorgeous and pristine, but yes very cold, especially for a native Floridan. Is that your boy in the photo?
Your list of varieties is excellent. Is the number after them the amount of seeds sown?

Did you look over my seed offer? Have you grown Olive Hill? If not you totally need to, I can't describe how luscious it tastes, and also the one I am calling Not Chocolate Stripes, which is a tomato machine of deliciousness, and is stable. There's a photo of both in my grow list photo thread.

Gerardo January 28, 2017 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;614243]Gerardo, I love that stage where the seedlings are just elbowing up and standing. It gives me joy.
Cuyamaca looks gorgeous and pristine, but yes very cold, especially for a native Floridan. Is that your boy in the photo?
Your list of varieties is excellent. Is the number after them the amount of seeds sown?

Did you look over my seed offer? Have you grown Olive Hill? If not you totally need to, I can't describe how luscious it tastes, and also the one I am calling Not Chocolate Stripes, which is a tomato machine of deliciousness, and is stable. There's a photo of both in my grow list photo thread.[/QUOTE]

Love the little ones too. Yes, that's my boy by the tree. The weird part is today it was perfectly sunny and somewhat hot.

Indeed the number corresponds to # of seeds, I'm brutal with culling, and I need strong ones for this upcoming spring.

I purposely did NOT peruse your seed offer, got many that need attention and a trial, so forcing myself to go through the ones in hand. Besides Sweet Ap, Ivan, RY, and Pink Gaetano need a place to play too. Although given our proclivities, I suspect Olive H and NChocStripes will be growing come autumn.

PureHarvest January 30, 2017 08:17 PM

Hey G, been awhile. I don't check in much anymore because your pics never show for me. Started late last summer. Can't figure out why. Doesn't matter if it's a Windows pc, iPad, or iPhone.
Did u ever end up selling anything last year. Plans for sales this year?

ginger2778 January 30, 2017 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Gerardo;614422]Love the little ones too. Yes, that's my boy by the tree. The weird part is today it was perfectly sunny and somewhat hot.

Indeed the number corresponds to # of seeds, I'm brutal with culling, and I need strong ones for this upcoming spring.

I purposely did NOT peruse your seed offer, got many that need attention and a trial, so forcing myself to go through the ones in hand. Besides Sweet Ap, Ivan, RY, and Pink Gaetano need a place to play too. Although given our proclivities, I suspect Olive H and NChocStripes will be growing come autumn.[/QUOTE]

I gotta get some Mikhalych from you at some point before mid August.

Gerardo February 12, 2017 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=PureHarvest;614885]Hey G, been awhile. I don't check in much anymore because your pics never show for me. Started late last summer. Can't figure out why. Doesn't matter if it's a Windows pc, iPad, or iPhone.
Did u ever end up selling anything last year. Plans for sales this year?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you can't see the pics. I sold a fair amount last year, however, to be consistent it's a matter of scale. This year I'll be focusing more on plant sales, specifically peppers, as they seem to be pretty popular down here. There is a plan for a larger project, although it is still in the feasibility/planning/funding stage. I'll post more if it has legs.

[QUOTE=ginger2778;614887]I gotta get some Mikhalych from you at some point before mid August.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, got a fresh batch and it's ready. PM GPS coordinates for Amazon Seed drone delivery.

Gerardo February 12, 2017 10:58 AM

One more time...

10 Attachment(s)
A few peppers, these guys struggled throughout the winter and now have a well deserved home to stretch their legs.

Big Bertha x 2
[ATTACH]69704[/ATTACH]

Orange Star and Early Sunsation
[ATTACH]69701[/ATTACH]

Pruden's P and koroleva
[ATTACH]69702[/ATTACH]

Mistery????
[ATTACH]69703[/ATTACH]

Pravda
[ATTACH]69705[/ATTACH]

B. Rosa
[ATTACH]69706[/ATTACH]

0-33 x 3 (one to be removed)
[ATTACH]69707[/ATTACH]

Unwanted visitors
[ATTACH]69708[/ATTACH]

A loud friend
[ATTACH]69709[/ATTACH]

Citrus trees are blooming
[ATTACH]69710[/ATTACH]

heirloomtomaguy February 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Glad to see you are still at it Gerardo. I still cant see your pics though:no:

Gerardo February 13, 2017 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;618432]Glad to see you are still at it Gerardo. I still cant see your pics though:no:[/QUOTE]

Weird. Maybe we've reached the limit of pages/images to a thread.

It's 2017, so might as well start a new thread and put this one to rest.

MissS February 13, 2017 03:52 PM

I can see the pic's just fine. Maybe you need to update your browser or whatever image viewer that you use. You might also try clearing your browser of history and cookies.