Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

KarenO November 6, 2015 02:37 PM

wow! have they ever grown again!
I think they will be bigger than a cherry judging from the length of the sepals but still small, something like between a cherry and a cocktail tomato. very round so far. This is so fun to watch from a distance :) cannot wait to see a ripe one! I am still feeling it won't be orange for some reason, can't say why I think that, it's just a feeling and I may well be wrong. It doesn't matter though, it is definitely a cross, very different from the mama AG.
KarenO

Bipetual November 7, 2015 12:30 PM

I haven't looked at this thread for a little while, and holy cow! Did they grow fast. Marsha, what size pots do you start them in, and when do you pot them up? I usually start mine in a 3"round container and keep them in it until plant out, simply because I don't have much room under the lights and it's too cold here to put them outside. They aren't usually potbound, but when I see plants like yours I can't help but wonder if I should be doing it differently.

ginger2778 November 7, 2015 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=Bipetual;512509]I haven't looked at this thread for a little while, and holy cow! Did they grow fast. Marsha, what size pots do you start them in, and when do you pot them up? I usually start mine in a 3"round container and keep them in it until plant out, simply because I don't have much room under the lights and it's too cold here to put them outside. They aren't usually potbound, but when I see plants like yours I can't help but wonder if I should be doing it differently.[/QUOTE]

I think the best way to tell you is to start with post # 7. These were extra special seeds, so they got the royal treatment. :) paper towel moistened, seeds enclosed, all in a plastic baggie to be able to exactly see when they sprouted. After the first little radicle(root tip) started to show, they were sown very gently in a cell of a 72 cell seed starting tray, using Miracle Gro Seed Starting potting mix. They were left until they has a full set of first true leaves, and the beginnings of a second. Then transplanted deeply to 4" pots using Promix BX with a pinch of Tomato Maker organic fertilizer, they were about 2 weeks old when that took place. Left there until about 5&1/2 weeks old, in full sun about 8 hrs/day. When they were 7-8" tall, final potting using Promix BX with dolomite lime, about a cup per 7 gallon potful, and about 1/2 cup of Tomato Tone also mixed throughout. So you see where they are now.

Aerial November 7, 2015 02:38 PM

Awesome thread, KarMa! I've been following every post. The progress is impressive. LOVE the recap on how to optimally grow out seedlings. All newbies -me- would benefit from this. :cute:

Fiishergurl November 10, 2015 09:13 PM

Time for some new pictures... :-)

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ginger2778 November 10, 2015 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Fiishergurl;513001]Time for some new pictures... :-)

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I need to get out there and start a whole thread on my garden. I know, I know! Still recuperating, I had thyroid surgery last Thursday, but I am starting to feel really good again.

KarenO November 10, 2015 09:47 PM

Rest get back to 100%. I imagine you have been pretty sore. Pics will keep and the plants will just get bigger and bloomier in the meantime
Take care you
KarenO

Bipetual November 10, 2015 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;512534]I think the best way to tell you is to start with post # 7. These were extra special seeds, so they got the royal treatment. :) paper towel moistened, seeds enclosed, all in a plastic baggie to be able to exactly see when they sprouted. After the first little radicle(root tip) started to show, they were sown very gently in a cell of a 72 cell seed starting tray, using Miracle Gro Seed Starting potting mix. They were left until they has a full set of first true leaves, and the beginnings of a second. Then transplanted deeply to 4" pots using Promix BX with a pinch of Tomato Maker organic fertilizer, they were about 2 weeks old when that took place. Left there until about 5&1/2 weeks old, in full sun about 8 hrs/day. When they were 7-8" tall, final potting using Promix BX with dolomite lime, about a cup per 7 gallon potful, and about 1/2 cup of Tomato Tone also mixed throughout. So you see where they are now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thank you, Marsha, for sharing your methods in so much detail. I appreciate you sharing your recipe for success, so to speak.

Sorry you had to have surgery! I am very glad you're feeling better.:yes:

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am feeling very well today, even went to the gym and did the bike for 1/2 hour, so I thought it was time for an update. First photo, whole plant, and both are day 59 from sowing seeds.

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fruit forming

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Newer truss with fruit same plant.

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next whole plant

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fruit truss doing nicely.

ginger2778 November 12, 2015 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Newer fruit truss doing well too. Karen, I think I will be able to send you F2s in December if this keeps up! Heee!

Zenbaas November 13, 2015 08:33 AM

Your growth is amazing..! What do you use for your potting mix and watering / nutrient mix schedule..?