Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Triple Variety Tomato Graft Experiment (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29665)

efisakov March 26, 2017 06:25 AM

Excellent production!
Having that mach, what do you do with them except stir-fry?
Other varieties we marinate, if have many. I never tried King Oyster that way. It was great in soup too.

charley March 27, 2017 11:24 AM

You ever think about maybe grafting three or four rootstocks together and then putting a plant on top of it it would be fed so much food

Delerium March 27, 2017 12:43 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Charley I'm not to sure what you mean (Parallel or series grafting?). I'm done with grafting for the year. Now waiting for some tomatoes to set.. Time to get that electric toothbrush ready. I'm going to try my best to keep plants pruned this year - i usually get lazy and let them do its thang.. Maybe some grafting again around May/June for late season tomatoes. I just planted some more peppers yesterday. Even with all the rain we had the tomato plants are looking good. The fun begins!

Ella - We use them in stir fry / curries / fried.. whatever our hearts desire. We like eating mushrooms so i grow them whenever we need them. i do have some new spawn to make today.

efisakov March 28, 2017 10:22 PM

Your fruit trees are looking good. Will be harvesting soon.
Beautiful pictures of your green oasis.
And Jiana shares your interest in gardening. Congrats!

RootLoops April 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Oh my gosh I'm so glad this is still going! The kid has grown so much, I hope you guys are well!

Delerium April 19, 2017 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
efisakov - Thanks! The fruit trees are prolifically producing plums, cherries and peaches. So far no apples, pomegrante or oranges but i feel they will be setting soon.

Hey Rootloops long time no see. How's the hydroponics / straw bale oysters mushrooms coming along? Haven't seen any posts from you in ages. Been trying my hand at growing some local morels that we find in woochips but so far.. no luck :(.

It's been raining here like crazy and way cooler than previous years.. I hope my plants don't end up getting blight.. only time will tell. Been getting a lot of strawberries though - this was today's harvest and.. all we need is some whipcream.

Delerium April 23, 2017 01:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Sunday Morning Gardening with Messy Hair.

Delerium May 9, 2017 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Garlic is ready..

Delerium May 27, 2017 10:39 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Hey Tomato friends.. Just swinging by for a Garden update. It's the Same ol Same ol from us.. Hope you all are having a great gardening season.. Didn't realize we would get so much plums from the 2nd year.. our kitchen counter is full of plums. A change from the usual tomato picture lol. Still eating delicious Strawberries.. Kiddo is showing off her Giganto Strawberry she found this morning.

peebee May 28, 2017 01:54 AM

Nice pics as usual Delerium, what variety plums are those? Isn't it really early for your area to ripen right about now? Awesome. I have a Zee Spice tree, 2nd year and can't wait to eat them again. Had 7 the first year, this time I can't count how many even though I pruned diligently to get bigger fruit.
I've never seen Giganto strawberries at any nursery here. Did you order online, buy locally or grow from seed? Thanks to you I had a really nice crop this time but unfortunately most were eaten by critters before I got to them. :(

Delerium May 28, 2017 11:54 AM

peebee I believe these are Santa Rosa plums. The tree was just loaded with plums . How do you prune the plum trees? I just usually try to top it and keep it from going over to the neighbors side. We just kept cloning our strawberries plants from years back so not sure about the variety names anymore. We started with 3 plants and now we just can't count how many we have growing around the garden. Great Morning snacks when doing garden chores. Did some chocolate dipped strawberries recently.. oh yum!

efisakov May 28, 2017 03:12 PM

Delerium, great harvest. What variety is your cabbage? I am trying one this year and all because you keep on posting pictures of them in your garden and a friend send me seeds. Do you grow broccoli?
Strawberries and plums, yam.
What is Jiana working on? She always have some kind of projects.

BigVanVader May 28, 2017 03:26 PM

I love plums and was just talking yesterday about how I want to make a high hedgerow with them and then you post this. Musta been a disturbance in the force you picked up on. Everything looks amazing brother.

Delerium May 28, 2017 04:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Garilc Harvest

peebee May 30, 2017 01:55 AM

Love those blue Bachelors Buttons in your photos! They used to come up every spring after the winter rains but after our long drought, they stopped. I really miss them and will try to remember to get seeds for next year, keep forgetting.
I should clarify Delerium, that I prune the fruit, not the actual tree itself. In fact I should really say I THIN the fruit. I got so many clusters of plums this time that I thinned/pruned them to 1 or 2 fruit each. I couldn't decide what I liked better, nectarines or plums so I got the Zee Nectaplum. I am taking out the final unused part of my front lawn now so I have room for at least one more fruit tree. I'll think about my choices for a few months...:)