Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Triple Variety Tomato Graft Experiment (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29665)

Delerium June 3, 2017 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our first ripe tomatoes for this year. Harvested 3 gave away 2 left with this one.

efisakov June 3, 2017 06:15 AM

It is beautiful.

Delerium June 17, 2017 11:33 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Thank you Ella! Some more garden pictures in brutal hot weather here in Cali.. it hit 114F.. Ugh..

jtjmartin June 18, 2017 08:23 AM

Delerium:

Your daughter is beautiful! (Mine is now 15! How did the years go by so fast?)

Wow! Elephant garlic? Mine is not so elephantine :twisted:

Yellow tomato with some green stripe shoulders?

PS: You got me interested in grafting. I spent all last summer on the beach reading your posts and learning. This year about a third of my tomatoes are grafted and doing great. Bad year for wilt so I'm glad I'm learning. Thanks again for your posts.

efisakov June 18, 2017 01:21 PM

Wow, the peach tree is loaded. Is this plum harvest from one tree?

Delerium June 19, 2017 11:31 AM

jtjmartin - I grew my Elephant / Heirloom Garlic / Onions with my tomato plants. Figure its easier to maintain and worked out really nice. Glad to hear your tomato grafting. I'm thinking about starting a 2nd batch of plants soon. This heat is going to slow down plants so it would be nice to have some backups to replant for a late crop.

Ella - Yes that was from just one tree. The entire kitchen table is full of plums. We made some Jam / Gave some away. Eat them for Breakerfast, Lunch & Dinner lol. Yeah who woulda thought one tree could produce so much.

We have some Apples on our Apple tree (this would be the 2nd year since planting). The whole reason i planted the apple tree is for my Morel cultivation experiments. But having some free apples is a nice bonus to.

The Peach tree is 1 year old since we planted it.. it was like a dead twig when we planted it and I'm surprised to see it producing this year.

The cucumbers are finally producing full swing now. Had a Big bowl of cucumber salad last night with tomatoes and onions from the garden with coconut vinegar.

Delerium July 3, 2017 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Canned a lot of our tomatoes already. Some of our ripey tomatoes for general cooking. Some Kabocha we grew this year. By far my fav squash its just amazing for curries. Somehow we had a volunteer pumpkin plant growing this year and that's the one we harvested yesterday in the back.

efisakov July 3, 2017 05:45 PM

Delerium, this picture deserves to be on a card, saying something like "From my house to yours, happy harvesting!"
Do you have leaves from the real curry tree?

Delerium September 20, 2017 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope everyone is doing well and having a great garden year. Sorry for the lack of updates been busy trying to learn something new. Can't wait to get back in to some grafting later this year and amend the soil with fungi for next years garden. Once i get back in to the swing of things i will post some pictures again. Since earlier this year - I've been having a bit of fun turning old junk pc's in to mining rigs.. All that crypto I've been making for the good part of this year will buy me a lot of tomato seeds and.. garden supplies lol. It's been a wild ride.

Delerium November 10, 2018 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Tomatoville! It's been awhile. Testing out some old seeds i had from a few years back to see if they were still viable for our 2019 garden. Looks like they are still good. Starting to slowly prep the garden for next year. :yes:

jtjmartin November 10, 2018 07:40 PM

Good to see you checking in Delerium! You started me on grafting - thank you!

Jeff

Delerium November 10, 2018 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=jtjmartin;718948]Good to see you checking in Delerium! You started me on grafting - thank you!

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Awesome! It's that time again for grafting. Once i have some successful grafts i can start posting again. I have this first batch of plants to practice/play with to keep me busy during the cooler months before i start seeds again which isn't to far from now. Need to start growing some Mushrooms to so i can throw the spent substrates in the tomato beds.

peebee November 11, 2018 11:04 PM

I've missed seeing your posts, hope you'll start again soon Delerium. And hope your daughter is in the pics again. :yes: