Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2016 NJ urban tomato garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39702)

nancyruhl June 26, 2016 06:50 AM

Ella, I am noticing the same phenomenon here. It has been exceptional hot with only one rain of any consequence in the last month and a half. Most of the plants have had irrigation, so it must be the temperatures.

efisakov June 26, 2016 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=nancyruhl;572374]Ella, I am noticing the same phenomenon here. It has been exceptional hot with only one rain of any consequence in the last month and a half. Most of the plants have had irrigation, so it must be the temperatures.[/QUOTE]

I hope the weather stabilizes and fruits will become of a more consistent form. Never the less, the most important for me is the taste. I am ok with cutting some parts off and using the rest as long as it is delish.
O boy, it is getting hard to wait for the first ripe tomato. I am looking at them every day, sometimes twice a day. They are not growing much in a few hours. Looks like they are not growing at all.:P
Indian Stripe could be the first one.:cute:

daydreamerNJ June 26, 2016 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know that feeling of having to wait! My Celebrity tomatoes are growing at snail pace. :lol:

(Sorry picture is side-ways. Not sure how to correct it)

efisakov June 27, 2016 05:47 AM

How do you like the taste of it? I never grew hybrid tomatoes.

daydreamerNJ June 27, 2016 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=efisakov;572714]How do you like the taste of it? I never grew hybrid tomatoes.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tasted these yet. I can't wait! I have to say, this was really resistant to the hot weather and rainy days we were having early May, my other tomato plants didn't survive. It also had early blight on all of them and this was very resistant to it, just had to remove a few leaves here and there but nothing severe. Another thing was the aphid infestation, but now they're under control and I just use my fingers to remove them as I see them.

So, I'm really happy with this type of tomato, I'm definitely going to plant this again next year.

efisakov June 27, 2016 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=daydreamerNJ;572765]Haven't tasted these yet. I can't wait! I have to say, this was really resistant to the hot weather and rainy days we were having early May, my other tomato plants didn't survive. It also had early blight on all of them and this was very resistant to it, just had to remove a few leaves here and there but nothing severe. Another thing was the aphid infestation, but now they're under control and I just use my fingers to remove them as I see them.

So, I'm really happy with this type of tomato, I'm definitely going to plant this again next year.[/QUOTE]

Do you see ants on it. If yes, they are the once that deliver aphids.

daydreamerNJ June 27, 2016 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=efisakov;572783]Do you see ants on it. If yes, they are the once that deliver aphids.[/QUOTE]

The ants love my backyard :yes: I've tried getting rid of them, but nothing works. I've heard Borax does the trick but I just don't know what store sells it in my area.

Worth1 June 27, 2016 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=daydreamerNJ;572507]I know that feeling of having to wait! My Celebrity tomatoes are growing at snail pace. :lol:

(Sorry picture is side-ways. Not sure how to correct it)[/QUOTE]
at least for me if I right click and select view image it goes upright.
Not all do this.

worth

efisakov June 29, 2016 08:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Time for lilies. They have being blooming for a while.

efisakov June 29, 2016 08:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
...more lilies...

efisakov June 29, 2016 08:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
and more lilies

efisakov June 29, 2016 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This has to be squirrel munching on my Azoychka.
...rrr...
:x:x:x

Ricky Shaw June 29, 2016 08:27 AM

The flowers are a jamboree of color and beauty. The squirrel's future, not so bright.

efisakov June 30, 2016 07:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am just amazed by the size of the plant producing that pepper.

ginger2778 June 30, 2016 07:52 AM

Those lillies are stunningly gorgeous.:)