Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Weather (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=41104)

Medbury Gardens February 18, 2018 11:46 PM

Central New Zealand is about to have a category 1 ex tropical cyclone Gita in 24 hours which is my area, wind may not be so much of a problem it will be the massive amounts of rain on countryside that normally has low annual rainfall. Wont have to water the garden for a while which will be a bonus.

Rockporter February 19, 2018 12:12 AM

It was a nice weekend, although it was supposed to rain a lot today it was a beautiful sunny day with no rain in sight.

bigpinks February 19, 2018 10:26 AM

75 along the beautiful Ohio today..maybe a record tomorrow

My Foot Smells February 19, 2018 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=bigpinks;684305]75 along the beautiful Ohio today..maybe a record tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's ridiculously warm here today too. but everything is soaking wet from high dewpoint and no sun as of yet.

No freezing temps in the forecast and the daffodils are starting to bloom. But that doesn't mean much - March can be brutal.

AlittleSalt February 19, 2018 10:55 AM

After months without much rain at all - it has started raining here daily. It's a little odd for February here. It's also very windy.

pondgardener February 19, 2018 12:14 PM

71 yesterday here in southern Colorado...22 this morning with light snow.

salix February 19, 2018 01:52 PM

A beautiful sunny day with blue skies and dazzling snowbanks. Four hours ago it was minus 29 C...

oakley February 19, 2018 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic says it all. Though light and fluffy with no wind. Easy shoveling and now 45º but
not much melt with nighttime below freezing. Roads are clear. Actually pretty with
Spring right around the corner and days getting longer....

rxkeith February 19, 2018 11:07 PM

after a break from snow, we are back to our regular programing.

one to three inches turned into six or seven inches. roads were real sloppy. wind is kicking up a bit, and is causing some drifting to occur. part of my road can get pretty bad at times. plow trucks won't be by till morning. i'll wait.
temps in the teens, but feeling colder. humidity must be up.
my son went skiing three days in a row last week. he is having fun.

february can be such a miserable month here. not so much snow this year, but cold.

keith

MrBig46 February 20, 2018 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought the snow was rapidly melting. But the weather has changed rapidly, temperatures will be below zero in the day, at night down to -12 ° C.
Yesterday, I took the snow out from the cold frame, but it does not help much, it will still be cloudy like it has been.
Vladimír

AlittleSalt February 20, 2018 11:39 AM

About 20-25 miles to our northwest this happened overnight [URL]http://www.fox4news.com/news/storm-damages-homes-in-johnson-county[/URL] EDIT: After watching this video several times, I'm not seeing tie down straps or anchors. I think there is a good chance that this was due to straight line winds and not a tornado.

There are storms today with the high temperature in the 70s. A strong cold front is on the way. Tomorrow's high temp in the uppers 30s with more rain.

Worth1 February 20, 2018 04:23 PM

Rain glorious rain.:yes:
Killed my after work fishing trip though. :(

Worth

bower February 20, 2018 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=Medbury Gardens;684250]Central New Zealand is about to have a category 1 ex tropical cyclone Gita in 24 hours which is my area, wind may not be so much of a problem it will be the massive amounts of rain on countryside that normally has low annual rainfall. Wont have to water the garden for a while which will be a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Whoa this just turned up on my local news as well! I hear she has split into two "eyes" and both are still lashing the South Island with high wind and rain. Hope all your sheep are snug and safe, and you too Richard.

Worth1 February 20, 2018 05:53 PM

I predict the Redbuds will bloom at the most in three weeks.
I need to start looking at the HEB store for mortgage lifter tomato plants.
Worth

Goodloe February 20, 2018 07:37 PM

Considering what Dec and Jan were like, I was expecting a rough Feb, but, so far, it has been quite mild. I sure hope March doesn't throw us a big screwball...! I'm planning on having tomatoes and peppers in the ground NLT 1April.

edweather February 20, 2018 10:10 PM

We went from winter here in southeast GA 9a, to summer. January saw 15 frosts or freezes, and now it's been sunny and dry, 80 in the day and 60 at night for a week, and it will continue. Everything has broken dormancy and growing as fast as possible. Actually to hot and sunny for smaller seedlings, and have to give them some shade at times.

ChocoTaco369 February 20, 2018 10:52 PM

We hit a high of 81 today in Southeastern North Carolina. It's supposed to be 77 degrees for the next 9 days, then cooling off into the upper 60's. Night temp temps all this week are about 60, nighttime temps next week falling into the 40's. Nothing close to a freeze in sight carrying us all the way til the first week of March. My seedlings are loving it - I think they've doubled in size in the past 48 hours. I wish I started them on Christmas instead of the last week of January because I'd put them in the ground with this wild weather! Amazing after our horrible, horrible January.

HudsonValley February 20, 2018 10:52 PM

Crazy weather here, too. It snowed on Saturday, then today's high was in the 60s. Tomorrow it will be about 70 degrees, but we're expecting snow on Thursday. Sigh.

AlittleSalt February 20, 2018 11:28 PM

It turned out to be an EF-0 tornado. There were three of them in the area. Flooding rescue/s going on in Dallas county tonight.

My Foot Smells February 21, 2018 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;684636]It turned out to be an EF-0 tornado. There were three of them in the area. Flooding rescue/s going on in Dallas county tonight.[/QUOTE]

We got blasted last night and now 4 days of continuous rain. It's a mess.

bower February 21, 2018 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;684636]It turned out to be an EF-0 tornado. There were three of them in the area. Flooding rescue/s going on in Dallas county tonight.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad they missed you, Salt!

AlittleSalt February 21, 2018 07:51 PM

Thank you bower.

We have gotten a lot of rain here too, but not as much as they've gotten in the counties just to our north. Our rain gauge broke at the base, so I'm not sure how much we got here at home. The next three days all have a 90% chance of heavy rainfall. I bought a new rain gauge today, but it hasn't stopped raining long enough to put it out there.

Medbury Gardens February 21, 2018 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=bower;684533]Whoa this just turned up on my local news as well! I hear she has split into two "eyes" and both are still lashing the South Island with high wind and rain. Hope all your sheep are snug and safe, and you too Richard.[/QUOTE]

Past over us but had little wind thanks to the Southern Alps, plenty of rain though, 98mm. It was the Alps that stopped it, it then reformed on the other side of the island and carried on its marry way.

bower February 21, 2018 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Medbury Gardens;684818]Past over us but had little wind thanks to the Southern Alps, plenty of rain though, 98mm. It was the Alps that stopped it, it then reformed on the other side of the island and carried on its marry way.[/QUOTE]
Good thing you pulled that garlic! :)

Medbury Gardens February 21, 2018 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=bower;684830]Good thing you pulled that garlic! :)[/QUOTE] Still got the TGS plants in though

Father'sDaughter February 22, 2018 01:58 AM

The temperature has dropped more than 30 degrees in the past ten hours, from 78 down to 46, and will drop into the low 30's by sunrise. It was nice while it lasted.

Drove to and from the last two days with the car windows down, and today the house got a good airing out.

oakley February 22, 2018 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=Father'sDaughter;684859]The temperature has dropped more than 30 degrees in the past ten hours, from 78 down to 46, and will drop into the low 30's by sunrise. It was nice while it lasted.

Drove to and from the last two days with the car windows down, and today the house got a good airing out.[/QUOTE]

That was fantastic yesterday. We hit 76º. Dined outside, the neighbors had a bbq going...spotted 2 bees. Though dropping
aprox 35º today, back to normal temps. I spy Spring.:D

Worth1 February 22, 2018 09:36 AM

35 in Texas too.

Black Krim February 23, 2018 04:44 PM

From crazy hot a couple days ago, to frozen rain, to rain today.

Where is the sun????

Planted garlic in a pot figuring and early spring. Called to ask about potatos for planting--lol, still too early, spuds due in mid-March.

Medbury Gardens February 23, 2018 06:14 PM

Mornings starting to get cooler, first signs of autumn, days still lovely and warm still.