Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Random Pictures. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35477)

AlittleSalt August 15, 2015 05:59 PM

I remember a bumper-sticker that said, DDT = Dead Ducks Tomorrow. I was a child when I saw it.

Zana August 16, 2015 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...I managed to get a somewhat decent pic...hope it shows up ok.

I spent 18 hours (working on my own, and the fact I can't stand for as long as I used to do, accounts for the length of time - plus processing the jars) starting on Thursday and ending on Friday morning about 10am prepping and then filling 3 dozen 1L jars of Tourshi. Here are a few. (Tuesday is the next half of the marathon...lol)

Worth1 August 16, 2015 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Zana;499241]Ok...I managed to get a somewhat decent pic...hope it shows up ok.

I spent 18 hours (working on my own, and the fact I can't stand for as long as I used to do, accounts for the length of time - plus processing the jars) starting on Thursday and ending on Friday morning about 10am prepping and then filling 3 dozen 1L jars of Tourshi. Here are a few. (Tuesday is the next half of the marathon...lol)[/QUOTE]

Looks great Zana.:yes:

This is how I live on a budget.
I bought 2 bags of chicken thighs and washed them completely.
I then drained them and put them on parchment paper in the freezer.
When they are about half frozen I separate them and let them freeze completely overnight.
They then go in freezer bags.
This way I can pull as many as I want without thawing out more than I need.
Works great.
Here it is fourteen dollars worth of chicken.
Worth
[ATTACH]52539[/ATTACH]

bluee19 August 16, 2015 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Zana;499241]Ok...I managed to get a somewhat decent pic...hope it shows up ok.

I spent 18 hours (working on my own, and the fact I can't stand for as long as I used to do, accounts for the length of time - plus processing the jars) starting on Thursday and ending on Friday morning about 10am prepping and then filling 3 dozen 1L jars of Tourshi. Here are a few. (Tuesday is the next half of the marathon...lol)[/QUOTE]

Great job Zana!!! I see lots of love in preparing all that. Keep the pictures coming!!

bluee19 August 16, 2015 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;499298]Looks great Zana.:yes:

This is how I live on a budget.
I bought 2 bags of chicken thighs and washed them completely.
I then drained them and put them on parchment paper in the freezer.
When they are about half frozen I separate them and let them freeze completely overnight.
They then go in freezer bags.
This way I can pull as many as I want without thawing out more than I need.
Works great.
Here it is fourteen dollars worth of chicken.
Worth
[ATTACH]52539[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"]Great idea!! Cost savings too. [/COLOR]

Worth1 August 16, 2015 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=bluee19;499301][COLOR=Purple]Great idea!! Cost savings too. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Bluee19 Thank you.
I buy all of my meat like this.
If a pork butt is on sale and it is less than the cost of pork steaks I bring it home wash it and cut it up into steaks or grind it into what I want.
My freezer stays at -4F it is full of soups chili tamales sausage roasts BBQ and all sorts of stuff I make ready to thaw and eat or cook.
When I get a bigger pressure canner I will start canning chili, stews and soups I make in a huge 22 quart kettle.

Worth

Zana August 16, 2015 04:27 PM

Thanks Worth and Bluee19.

Definitely it is cheaper than buying that size jar in the store.

And I look for meat on sale too and buy in bulk, and then freeze it. My freezer is full of soups, chili, and loaves of homemade bread, homemade phyllo dough, brown bananas, and frozen fruit, along with the meats.

bower August 16, 2015 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to say, I'm very impressed with everyone who manages to cook decent meals in the heat! We're having a mini heat wave (very mini by your standards but a bit of a shock by ours), and it really wrecks my appetite like nothing else. The house gets too hot, and who wants to cook .... and I seem to lose my taste for anything.

Anyway here's a supper I had for a hot night. Tuna salad on toast with lettuce and tomatoes. The tuna salad is mayo, dill pickles, cilantro, hakurei turnip, bits of purple sprouting broccoli, and our first snap peas (no kidding this late!). Lettuce between layers. The tomato was the best part - maybe because toms are at their best in the warm? I hardly tasted the rest. :surprised:

Anyway keep it up guys, This thread is where I come to realize I'm starving!!!! Famished!!! Too hungry to post!!! ;)

Worth1 August 16, 2015 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=bower;499339]Just wanted to say, I'm very impressed with everyone who manages to cook decent meals in the heat! We're having a mini heat wave (very mini by your standards but a bit of a shock by ours), and it really wrecks my appetite like nothing else. The house gets too hot, and who wants to cook .... and I seem to lose my taste for anything.

Anyway here's a supper I had for a hot night. Tuna salad on toast with lettuce and tomatoes. The tuna salad is mayo, dill pickles, cilantro, hakurei turnip, bits of purple sprouting broccoli, and our first snap peas (no kidding this late!). Lettuce between layers. The tomato was the best part - maybe because toms are at their best in the warm? I hardly tasted the rest. :surprised:

Anyway keep it up guys, This thread is where I come to realize I'm starving!!!! Famished!!! Too hungry to post!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow that looks great, healthier than what I'm having.
I had to heat the oven to 450 F for what I'm eating.:lol:
Worth

Worth1 August 16, 2015 09:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sometimes I get a craving for something I dont normally eat.
Well today was one of those days, I wanted pizza.
I did everything wrong form start to finish wrong flour no recipe and the wrong technique measured by hand.
You know what it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had and I have had some good ones.
The crust is out of this world.
Chicken olive garlic pizza.
Worth
[ATTACH]52548[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52550[/ATTACH]

clkeiper August 16, 2015 09:27 PM

Yeah, those green olives... just really wrong. The rest looks alright though.

Zana August 16, 2015 09:32 PM

OMG...that looks like a killer pizza!

Zana August 16, 2015 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=bower;499339]Just wanted to say, I'm very impressed with everyone who manages to cook decent meals in the heat! We're having a mini heat wave (very mini by your standards but a bit of a shock by ours), and it really wrecks my appetite like nothing else. The house gets too hot, and who wants to cook .... and I seem to lose my taste for anything.

Anyway keep it up guys, This thread is where I come to realize I'm starving!!!! Famished!!! Too hungry to post!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Great looking salad on toast! Yummmmmmmm

Worth1 August 16, 2015 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=clkeiper;499355]Yeah, those green olives... just really wrong. The rest looks alright though.[/QUOTE]

It is all I had in the house.:lol:
Worth

bower August 17, 2015 06:37 AM

Looks delish...:love: I can't believe I've never made chicken pizza. Since I started growing too many tomatoes, I got in the habit of making pizza every time I make bread - I just make enough dough to set a piece aside for that. But I need to change up the toppings... getting bored!

Worth I was going to ask what all you are doing with the chicken thighs, because I also buy them in bulk when they're on special and have three packages of em in the freezer now. I usually cook the whole package at once and then freeze the leftovers for easy meals. My usual approach is to make a big pot of chicken and potato curry... I need to do something different. :?!?: Too many chicken thighs! :twisted: