Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Weather (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=41104)

Worth1 July 22, 2017 09:56 AM

No water caffeine and dehydration lead to kidney stones.
Put citrus in your water like limes of lemons.
Took me about a year to get unhooked from strong sweet iced tea.
Now I see it as a treat not something I have to have.

Worth

SteveP July 22, 2017 11:27 AM

Imp and Worth, thanks for the info and suggestions. I will work on getting and keeping hydrated. I probably don't drink 6 glasses of water a year. I guess I have a W. C. Fields water mentality, but will try and improve my thinking by flavoring it.

AlittleSalt July 22, 2017 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=imp;656143]You can flavor your water, but watch the caffeine in hot situations as it causes you to dehydrate more.

Also, for those doing a [U]lot[/U] of sweating, a gatorade type drink that has electrolytes is good, just not more than two servings a day at the most.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing about caffeine and dehydration. I've already cut my coffee consumption down to one cup a day. I might just give coffee a break until it cools down.

dmforcier July 22, 2017 02:29 PM

When you'll be busy doing something, run yourself a quart-size glass of tap water and chug it. No, it's not particularly attractive, but it gets the job done. As we called it in Austin, "cameling up".

Tasty water is for sipping, which won't keep up with your sweat glands in these conditions.

On a bike your hands are pretty much free, so hit the water bottle every 5 minutes.

oakley July 22, 2017 03:37 PM

Sunny out front, storm out back, wind up, wind down, fog rolls in, then out.
Fleece jacket on, lit wood stove, heavy rain, windows shut, fleece off, windows open...
rinse re-peat, about five times today. Pups in, pups out....:twisted:
Watching boats go out, then back in.

Need the rain. Impossible to decide what to do with wacky weather.

Worth1 July 22, 2017 07:29 PM

Give me 8 hours of no water with anyone in his heat and they will suck down water like there is no tomorrow.
24 to 48 hours with no water and they will do anything and I mean anything for a drink.

If I were running a place to get information, water and fluid deprivation would be my choice with a running waterfall just beyond reach.:yes:
I have been so thirsty gasoline was beginning to be an option.
I heard on the news the other day they are drinking cholera infected water because they dont have a choice.

Worth

bower July 22, 2017 07:39 PM

Oakley we had thundershowers last night and it was great, we need it and hoped for more today but it got sunny and hot instead, and every time I checked the radar it was hammering Clarenville and Bonavista! Not a good day for fishing out your way!:? But I'm jealous you will have chanterelles sooner than I do, we're still too dry.

Worth1 July 22, 2017 07:45 PM

Almost 100 again and I am running around on a hot driveway in bare feet.:))

Worth

bower July 22, 2017 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;656258]Almost 100 again and I am running around on a hot driveway in bare feet.:))

Worth[/QUOTE]

What could be worse than the heat of wearing shoes? :? Oh yeah, the heat of wearing pavement! :lol::panic:

Worth1 July 22, 2017 08:13 PM

Concrete, I hate shoes of all kinds and avoid them when I can.
I have been known to run around with no shoes on in 30 degree weather for short periods.
I will not go to the store in bare feet though.:lol:

AlittleSalt July 22, 2017 08:42 PM

Worth I am the same way about shoes, but that concrete does get mighty hot.

SteveP July 22, 2017 08:57 PM

At nearly 8p we are still 95f, 50% humidity and heat index of 107. Lawns are browning up quickly.

dmforcier July 22, 2017 09:57 PM

Dang! Texas may have to annex Missouri just to keep the misery consistent across the state.

[SIZE=1]Oklahoma is already welded to Texas.[/SIZE]

Gardeneer July 22, 2017 10:17 PM

I am pretty much tolerant of hot weather. But when it is combined with high humidity, I don't like it.
Talking about drinks in hat waeteh, how about tomatomjuice ? Ye all are growing tomatoes, aren't you ? Nothing can beat a tall glass of fresh tomato juice, with some hot pepper (powder or sauce). Please hold the vodka for now. hehe

AlittleSalt July 22, 2017 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=SteveP;656275]At nearly 8p we are still 95f, 50% humidity and heat index of 107. Lawns are browning up quickly.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking out at my backyard that needs to be mowed...the weather people says it might rain here tomorrow...gosh darned weather people and their chance of rain.
Brown grass is good - you don't have to mow it. :yes: