Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2016 NJ urban tomato garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39702)

efisakov July 1, 2016 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Red currant was not as abundant as last year. Less then half of what I picked in 2015.

ginger2778 July 1, 2016 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=efisakov;574052]Red currant was not as abundant as last year. Less then half of what I picked in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Yum!:D

lakelady July 1, 2016 08:06 AM

Looks great! I got a late start this year because I want going to do a garden after the groundhog frustration the past two years. I have noticed an unusual number of flowers this year also, as well as some huge fused blossoms on many plants. Overall, it has been a drier cooler summer than the past several years so I wonder if that is having an impact.

efisakov July 1, 2016 08:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=lakelady;574066]Looks great! I got a late start this year because I want going to do a garden after the groundhog frustration the past two years. I have noticed an unusual number of flowers this year also, as well as some huge fused blossoms on many plants. Overall, it has been a drier cooler summer than the past several years so I wonder if that is having an impact.[/QUOTE]

Do the clusters look longer as well? Mine are huge, starting to resemble Marsha's mangoes.:P

This are from Black Master and JD's Special C-Tex.

MissS July 1, 2016 11:27 PM

Wow those sure are some nice tomato clusters. What are you feeding them this year?

efisakov July 2, 2016 05:26 AM

[QUOTE=MissS;574329]Wow those sure are some nice tomato clusters. What are you feeding them this year?[/QUOTE]

Same thing, Patti, as last year. Fish.:roll:

ginger2778 July 2, 2016 05:55 AM

Marsha's mangoes!!!:lol:

efisakov July 6, 2016 09:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As my grandma used to say:"The pig will always find the dirt."
Our little girl loves it.

efisakov July 6, 2016 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Zucchini. Second time picking.
The first few did not grow big. Just set there without any change couple of days. I decided to harvest them anyways.
Now, the second batch grew extremely fast and are quiet big (this 4 are 34.4 ounces). If they continue with that speed, I am not sure what to do with so many. We have 2 plants only.

efisakov July 9, 2016 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both Barlow Jap and Garrison are infected while other plants next to them are fine.
BJ did the best last year, it gave me 13 pounds before getting sick. Year before it got sick earlier and most of the tomatoes were picked green. This year it started already.
Garrison is new variety and sadly diseased before I can pick first ripe tomato from it.
Here is G.

efisakov July 9, 2016 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That paper is still growing.

efisakov July 9, 2016 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Oxheart from Zagreb has some interesting form of heart. I have Grightmire's Pride and Weisnicht's Ukranian (both heart) growing next to Oxheart from Zagreb. They all have different shapes. hmmm...

Honestly, can't wait to taste them.

Greyghost, thank for the seeds of OFZ and WU.
Marsha, I am regrowing GP again, really liked it. Thanks for the seeds.

efisakov July 9, 2016 11:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have to correct myself, Weisnicht's Ukranian according to Tania's page is:
"indet., potato leaf plant, high yields of irregularly shaped pink beefsteaks of medium size, 8-10 oz, excellent sweet flavor, very meaty flesh with very few seeds."

My is PL and as I checked again, some fruits have heart shape and some do not.

heirloomtomaguy July 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Beautiful pics Ella. That doggie of yours looks like he never misses a meal:))

efisakov July 9, 2016 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;576494]Beautiful pics Ella. That doggie of yours looks like he never misses a meal:))[/QUOTE]

She does love to eat, including fish.:yes:
She just turned 13.