Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2015 Garden Journal (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=34745)

efisakov June 29, 2016 05:56 AM

Since you liked GGWT, I would recommend another Marsha's favorite Grightmire's Pride. It is pink heart. Excellent taste, different to other pink varieties. I hope she will offer that one again. My seed collection is not a guaranty, too many bees.

ginger2778 June 29, 2016 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;573267]Thanks Gerardo! Yeah I made some salsa last night and used all the split tomatoes. Saved seeds as well. I Just ate my first GGWT, Marsha wasn't joking. It was just about perfect. Tasted a little like a black to me with a refreshing tart finish. Cora Belle liked them to. I let her nibble on the soft middle.[/QUOTE]
This made me smile. That Orange Jazz is beautiful. I hope the flavor improves, they usually do.

[QUOTE=efisakov;573348]Since you liked GGWT, I would recommend another Marsha's favorite Grightmire's Pride. It is pink heart. Excellent taste, different to other pink varieties. I hope she will offer that one again. My seed collection is not a guaranty, too many bees.[/QUOTE]

I love that you share too Ella, and you also, BVV. I will have GP on my grow list again, hope it does as well as previous years, and if so, seeds will be available.

BigVanVader June 29, 2016 07:45 AM

Thanks Ella, bower, Marsha, Gerardo, and everyone, it really is awesome how many great tomatoes there are out there. I am always surprised by which ones I like to. I never liked yellows very much, kinda like the iceberg lettuce of tomatoes to me, but Mr. Snow was so good it makes me want to grow more yellows. I have a Summer Sunrise a few weeks behind the Mr. Snow so I am excited to see how it compares.

I have been hearing great feedback about the Dwarf plants I sold as well, I think they are going to be a huge hit next year since that market is in a urban area and people are spreading the word. Tip of the hat to those of you who helped with the Dwarf Project, so far I'm very impressed.

Marsha I had seeds for GPride at some point but when I was looking this winter the pack was empty, but I am sure someone will have some I can trade for if you dont. I will have a lot for trading this winter for sure. As for GGWT it has been great. Mostly uniform fruits, perfect size, beautiful, delicious, and somewhat productive for an heirloom. I would like to try them in the tunnel with single stem. They grow like crazy, mine are already 7 ft tall and I'm running outta stake

efisakov June 29, 2016 08:06 AM

BVV, my GGWT started producing like creasy closer to the fall time. Was loaded with few good size maters. Your season is a bit longer than mine, you should be getting more than average production.

Bodhi Peace June 29, 2016 02:01 PM

Quite jealous of all your ripe tomatoes and those colorful photos.
We don't get ripe outdoor maters off the vine here till the end of August, at the very earliest.
Quite an assortment.
Have you ever had a year this productive?

BigVanVader June 29, 2016 02:12 PM

This is certainly the best early season I've had. I have been putting a lot more effort in though since I'm selling at market now, but most of it is due to trial and error from the past 6 years. As my first boss man used to say "there is no substitute for experience" of course I wouldn't even have known about these tomato varieties if not for Tomatovillians feeding my obsession. :?

Bodhi Peace June 29, 2016 04:44 PM

Thanks for posting your experiences.
You sell them at market for the same price, unsorted?

BigVanVader June 29, 2016 05:09 PM

Yeah 4$ a pound for any heirlooms and 5$ for any cherry basket. I do some baskets of all Sungold, SS100, etc but mostly just mixed with w/e I have.

Bodhi Peace June 29, 2016 06:01 PM

Do the heirlooms or cherries move faster?

BigVanVader June 29, 2016 07:45 PM

Usually the heirlooms.

BigVanVader June 30, 2016 03:56 PM

My wife and I tried our first two Ron's Carbon Copy last night. It tasted just like I hoped it would, like a mini carbon. We both loved it and plan to keep it around for eating and cherry baskets. I like that it is a bit bigger than black cherry. here is a pic from Ron's thread, I didnt take any yet.

[URL="http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost.php?p=496337&postcount=18"]http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost.php?p=496337&postcount=18[/URL]

BigVanVader July 1, 2016 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ready for market. Hope we sell out, If so I would be very happy. Wish us luck!

efisakov July 1, 2016 10:00 AM

Nice collection!

clkeiper July 1, 2016 10:11 AM

Wow! just beautiful. How many plants are you picking off of to get that many cherries?

Good luck I hope you sell them all in the first hour!

Ricky Shaw July 1, 2016 10:59 AM

A gorgeous spread! Good luck Van.