Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Wild Boar Farms web page open for orders (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12640)

feraltomatoes November 15, 2011 03:29 PM

Thanks Suze and Tania. Hoping the Pineapple Pig button has hopefully been fixed and working soon, always seems to be one button that does not work, stupid humans, I mean computers:lol:

Everything is a work in progress so I appreciate thoughts and feedback.

Been too long since I have posted here. My limited online time got spread a little thin and some of my favorite sites got neglected :(

Red Queen was the working name for the new release variety Solar Flare. Info was sent wrong to website when I recently updated. This is the very first release of this variety so no seeds have been sent out as Red Queen.:no:

afrance30 November 15, 2011 03:45 PM

Thanks Brad. The new varieties look amazing, and I am sure they taste amazing too! :yes:

Pineapple Pig still didn't work for me (just tried it) but I'll keep checking. :)

mdvpc November 15, 2011 09:17 PM

Brad

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to growing 5 of your varieties in the spring. Hope they do well in my desert Southwest climate.

Heritage November 21, 2011 08:26 PM

Brad,

Thank you! My seeds just arrived and I'm looking forward to trying out both 'Solar Flare' and 'AAA Sweet Solano'.

Folks, there is no incentive, other than passion, for growers such as Brad to continue hybridizing OP tomatoes, because, once they release a new variety which requires years of segregation it is available for any of us [commercial sellers] to sell. I hope any grower who wants to purchase any of Brad's varieties will order seeds directly from Brad's site, [URL]http://www.wildboarfarms.com/[/URL] and not from another CV seed source (such as myself). You will be getting seeds directly from the original source (and his service is excellent).

Having said that, Brad, I am looking forward to ripping off yet another of your great intros.:)

Steve

rnewste November 21, 2011 08:34 PM

I second what Steve says about WBF. I have never seen a harder working guy than Brad Gates (and his family).

I received my Solar Flare and Red Boar seeds on Saturday, and I can't believe he did the shipping for a grand total of ONE DOLLAR. There were TWO 44 cent stamps on the envelope - - so how does the guy make any money???

Brad, take a constructive suggestion and charge at least $3.00 shipping as most others who sell via this Site charge. You are not even covering your out-of-pocket costs of the envelope, stamps, etc. for a $1.00 shipping charge.

Raybo

sicily November 22, 2011 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info Frogsleap. Interesting new fuzzy varieties. Ordered some today.

Boutique Tomatoes November 22, 2011 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=rnewste;240910]I second what Steve says about WBF. I have never seen a harder working guy than Brad Gates (and his family).

I received my Solar Flare and Red Boar seeds on Saturday, and I can't believe he did the shipping for a grand total of ONE DOLLAR. There were TWO 44 cent stamps on the envelope - - so how does the guy make any money???

Brad, take a constructive suggestion and charge at least $3.00 shipping as most others who sell via this Site charge. You are not even covering your out-of-pocket costs of the envelope, stamps, etc. for a $1.00 shipping charge.

Raybo[/QUOTE]

Definately. $3 minimum shipping charges are still quite reasonable compared to many sites that are $6 or more. The time and materials to print out a packing list and shipping envelope, pull the seeds and everything else need to be covered as well.

I just ordered a half dozen of his new varieties to add to the ones I grew this year. Trimming down my grow list is going to be a problem next year.

FILMNET November 22, 2011 11:39 AM

ordered Trenton Tiger, and Solar Flare, cant wait?

feraltomatoes November 22, 2011 01:54 PM

Thanks for the good words, good advice and your purchase. The shipping costs are calculated and it has been a challenge trying to figure out what is fair, what paypal calculates and making the changes to the site. Thinking $3 minimum charge might be a good idea.

ed50 November 24, 2011 03:03 PM

Hi Brad,

Thanks very much. My seeds arrived today in Belgium 9 days after ordering. I can't wait to try Solar Flare, AAA Sweet Solana and a few others. But I still have to wait till the end of February to put the seeds in the ground.
I wish you a lot of success with all your new breedings the next years.

Eddy

afrance30 November 24, 2011 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=feraltomatoes;240976]Thanks for the good words, good advice and your purchase. The shipping costs are calculated and it has been a challenge trying to figure out what is fair, what paypal calculates and making the changes to the site. Thinking $3 minimum charge might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

I think $3 min. is fair.

I was finally able to order Pineapple Pig, can't wait to grow these new varieties!

lakelady November 24, 2011 09:22 PM

oh my. you guys are killing me. lol I ordered a few weeks back before the "new" varieties were put up.

I do love the names Brad gives his tomatoes, they are so unique, fun and whimsical ...to me at least :) Now I just have to grow some in 2012!

FILMNET November 25, 2011 10:06 AM

Lakelady i did order 2, Solar Flare and Trenton's Tiger, i think they have 15 seeds in each, I did post that i would share with anyone. I do not need 15 seeds, if may plants next summer are nice i use seeds from them.

Granite26 November 25, 2011 12:22 PM

Got some seed ordered. Always fun to try out some new ones! Shipping scale must be sliding as mine was $4.50

Tania December 12, 2011 11:57 AM

Placed my order yesterday, just could not resist acquiring more tomatoes for my seed collection! It must be the tomato cabin fever... :)

EDITED TO ADD: Did anyone order SHERRY'S SWEET HEART? It is a bit odd to see a 'plain' pink heart tomato offered by Brad. I wonder what is in its parentage and what is special about this tomato?
No, I did not order it, as I was not sufficiently intrigued by the description and no history given ;)