Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Random Pictures. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35477)

Hellmanns November 16, 2015 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;514009]Just as I am about to put the legs on and some finishing touches it starts to rain.:lol:
I never fails.
Worth
[ATTACH]54500[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
That will work VERY nicely, Worth!

Gerardo November 16, 2015 06:05 PM

Prosciutto! Zeus very nice also.

Worth1 November 16, 2015 06:09 PM

Double post.

Worth1 November 16, 2015 06:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you Hellmanns.
It stopped raining enough to get the legs on drill some holes stand it up and get a fire started.
It works fantastic.
Now I need to put some leg braces on put trinkets on the inside and paint it on the outside. :D
Worth
[ATTACH]54507[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54509[/ATTACH]

Worth1 November 16, 2015 06:32 PM

A few comments on the smoker.
It cost me $76.00 at the store for the plywood which is 3/4 inch sheathing which has water proof glue.
Some fancy torx screws I wanted to try, I will never buy Phillips again these things are the cats meow.
The smoke stack I just had to have, it is a 3 inch water heater vent.
The three hinges and some torx bits for my drill.
The handle.
To make this at home without all of the contraptions and tools I have it would be a nightmare but doable.
The box was cut out on the table saw glued and brad nailed then before the glue dried I screwed it all together.
Put the legs on and stood it up.
I already had hole saws so that part was a snap.

The Plywood will hold heat better than steel.

Worth

Hellmanns November 16, 2015 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;514051]
Some fancy torx screws I wanted to try, I will never buy Phillips again these things are the cats meow.

Worth[/QUOTE]
I've been using those for years now, and you are correct about never buying Phillips again!:D

Hellmanns November 16, 2015 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=Gerardo;514045]Prosciutto! Zeus very nice also.[/QUOTE]
Nothing like it! NOTHING.

Worth1 November 16, 2015 08:42 PM

Smoked Prosciutto is called speck.
Prosciutto good for all man woman and beast.:yes:

Worth

Worth1 November 17, 2015 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have one more day of curing and the Smokestrosity will get tested out.
Trinkets are attached at least most of them.
Worth
[ATTACH]54519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54520[/ATTACH]

Worth1 November 17, 2015 04:15 PM

Before someone thinks I am crazy for using plywood lots of people do it.
You wont poison yourself.

I have seen people smoke in everything from trash cans to cardboard boxes.
But never both at the same time.
If you think mine is a contraption out of some nut house take a look at this thing someone came up with.:))

Worth
[IMG]http://www.fodgycakes.com/food/bacon/bacon11.jpg[/IMG]

AlittleSalt November 17, 2015 04:22 PM

My grandfather mounted a hotplate in the bottom of a trashcan just like that one. It worked as it smoked wood chips.

Worth1 November 17, 2015 04:32 PM

Salt I made one out of a huge hazardous waste drum one time it was all electric with outside controllers and everything.
I put a lot of work in it and it rusted out in no time from the salty meat.

Okay before anyone says anything I had friends that worked in a barrel factory.:)

Worth

Hellmanns November 17, 2015 05:45 PM

The first meat I smoked was in an old refrigerator. It wasn't exactly cold smoking because it got warm in there, but the meat turned out good and was eaten in a couple of days.

ContainerTed November 17, 2015 08:26 PM

Whats for Supper tonight???

2 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd show these. This was tonight's supper, along with sweet cantelope melon, sliced tomatoes, and iron skillet cornbread with butter. I smoked the ribs for 11 hours with my custom rub and some special sauce at hour 9.5. The wife makes the best potato salad - potatoes, boiled eggs, onions, celery, Yellow [B][COLOR=darkorchid]Mustard,[/COLOR][/B] Miracle Whip, and home made Bread & butter green relish made from green tomatoes and Peppers and whatever else. My rub has brown sugar, paprika, honey, thyme, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and a good pinch of red pepper powder. You may notice that the cook got a taste first.

Hellmanns November 18, 2015 06:58 AM

Om nom nom nom..:yes: