Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

ginger2778 March 30, 2019 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=bad.kelpie;730957]I'm growing KARMA Peach and KARMA Purple Multiflora. The peach is bigger, but I had great germination with both. I have a few more potted up, but these 2 will be in the "main" garden, which is my community garden plot this year.[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

KarenO March 30, 2019 10:15 PM

Wonderful to see these plants ! Looking great
You guys are all ahead of me, mine are just starting
Karen :)

Hudson_WY April 1, 2019 08:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cheers from the high mountain cold country of Smoot, Wyoming @ 6,500' elevation, 2' of snow still on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures every night! Karma's (Pink) don't know that yet - haha. We planted the seeds on March 4th and they have been under grow lights in our home since. 4 for 4 germinated and are looking good. We heat our Greenhouse beginning the middle of March so Karma will be joining other Tomato plants already planted there soon.
Thanks for the seeds - excited to try Karma Pink this year!

ginger2778 April 1, 2019 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Hudson_WY;731110]Cheers from the high mountain cold country of Smoot, Wyoming @ 6,500' elevation, 2' of snow still on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures every night! Karma's (Pink) don't know that yet - haha. We planted the seeds on March 4th and they have been under grow lights in our home since. 4 for 4 germinated and are looking good. We heat our Greenhouse beginning the middle of March so Karma will be joining other Tomato plants already planted there soon.
Thanks for the seeds - excited to try Karma Pink this year![/QUOTE]

They are gorgeous! Nice job, you are going to love them. That snow looks ominous.

wxcrawler April 3, 2019 06:43 PM

KARMA Pink wow

1 Attachment(s)
Shockingly, my KARMA Pink has a fruit. I started the seed Feb 2. It’s definitely first this year. It’s in a 15 gallon Smart Pot.

Lee
Tulsa, OK

KarenO April 3, 2019 08:08 PM

They are early, you can expect first ripe one around 60-65 days from transplant or under 110 days from seed
Looking great !
KarenO

wxcrawler April 3, 2019 08:26 PM

I think I was right in that 105-110 day range last year.

Lee

NicolasGarcia April 13, 2019 04:30 AM

Hi all.
I have bad news. I had my last plants in cork nursery in which they were KARMA and seeds of Northern Gardener. I have them during the day in full sun and during the night I leave them inside my house since it is cold during the night. my yorkshire dog with its mouth full of earth ..... and I imagined the worst. When I went up to see the seedbed was totally destroyed, my dog has spent the night digging the seedbed, it's weird because she never I had done ... I have felt very bad and sad.
I think I will be able to save a few of KARMA peach, KARMA purple, polaris and taiga

ginger2778 April 13, 2019 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;732409]Hi all.
I have bad news. I had my last plants in cork nursery in which they were KARMA and seeds of Northern Gardener. I have them during the day in full sun and during the night I leave them inside my house since it is cold during the night. my yorkshire dog with its mouth full of earth ..... and I imagined the worst. When I went up to see the seedbed was totally destroyed, my dog has spent the night digging the seedbed, it's weird because she never I had done ... I have felt very bad and sad.
I think I will be able to save a few of KARMA peach, KARMA purple, polaris and taiga[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Nico, I have more seeds, I can send them right away. Please let me know what you need. Send me that request by pm please.

NicolasGarcia April 13, 2019 08:32 AM

Hi, Marsha.
Thank you very much for the offer, but maybe for the next season, in a few weeks I will start planting the rest of the tomatoes in my garden and I think it's too late. For the experience that I have, whenever I have cultivated later than I should, it has not worked for me and the plants have not developed well, I think it is already hot and they need a bit of cold to harden.
Thank you

ginger2778 April 13, 2019 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;732417]Hi, Marsha.
Thank you very much for the offer, but maybe for the next season, in a few weeks I will start planting the rest of the tomatoes in my garden and I think it's too late. For the experience that I have, whenever I have cultivated later than I should, it has not worked for me and the plants have not developed well, I think it is already hot and they need a bit of cold to harden.
Thank you[/QUOTE]

Ok, but for next year, I still have seeds.You can get them anytime.

KarenO April 13, 2019 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;732409]Hi all.
I think I will be able to save a few of KARMA peach, KARMA purple, polaris and taiga[/QUOTE]

Awe Nico I’m sorry to hear that.. we have all had some sort of tomato disaster over the years. I hope you can salvage a few plants after all.
Please ask if you want more seeds for next time
Karen

NicolasGarcia April 13, 2019 12:48 PM

;);)Thank you .

NicolasGarcia April 15, 2019 04:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My first pink KARMA flowers

NicolasGarcia April 17, 2019 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all.
I show you some pictures of KARMA pink from a friend who lives in Murcia (SPAIN). Murcia is located in the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula, 40 kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea.
He is a great farmer.
greetings
Nico