Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Master Shake vegetable garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49975)

Master Shake January 20, 2020 06:13 AM

Master Shake vegetable garden

1 Attachment(s)
I thought i'd make a thread to show my tomatoes and maybe some of the other fruit and vegetables i grow. :)

[SIZE="2"](from right to left)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Brandywine, Carbon, White Beauty, Amana Orange[/SIZE]

Whwoz January 20, 2020 06:36 AM

Beautiful Master Shake

Master Shake January 20, 2020 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=Whwoz;752678]Beautiful Master Shake[/QUOTE]

Thanks Whwoz :)

The Brandywine is my favourite of these 4.
Perfect colour and texture and full of flavour.

kath January 20, 2020 08:18 AM

Yay! We love photos...and dreaming about tomatoes and fresh veggies at this time of year! Thank, you, Master Shake!

Nan_PA_6b January 20, 2020 05:48 PM

Oh, we really need you Aussies this time of year! Looks luscious!

SQWIBB January 21, 2020 08:16 AM

Looking good, thanks for sharing.

Master Shake January 21, 2020 10:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Seeing as the photos were appreciated, here are some more :)

Dester (top), Creole (bottom), Cherokee Purple (right)

Master Shake January 31, 2020 07:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more tomatoes :?

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][I]Cherokee Chocolate, Creole, Black Russian, Flamme (*2) and Pink Bumblebee (*2)[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Master Shake January 31, 2020 07:19 AM

And just want to say [B][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]THANK YOU[/COLOR][/I][/B] to the multiple people already who have offered me seeds (if you read this).

I didn't really know what the etiquette for sharing seeds was on here, but it seems not a big deal and commonplace.
Maybe i will make a list of ones i am interested in that i don't already have one day to see if anyone can help me, but for this next year or 2 i have more than i can use, and i plan on making some crosses of my own to grow out and see what i find.

Nan_PA_6b January 31, 2020 10:06 AM

Any time you're ready, just post in the Seeds Wanted section!

Master Shake August 4, 2020 08:48 AM

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to share my selection of 20 varieties i will be trying this spring, if anyone has strong opinons on any of the varieties i list, please TELL ME WHY? :? :love:

- Red Brandywine
- Pink Brandywine
- Flamme
- Green Grape
- Chocolate Berry
- Tomme Toe (red)
- Tomme Toe (yellow)
- Black Beauty
- Solar Flare
- Cherokee Purple
- Black Zebra Roma
- Opalka
- Taxi
- Principe Borghese
- Uluru Ochre
- Dwarf Wild Spudleaf
- Dwarf Blazing Beauty
- Tastywine
- Tasmanian Chocolate
- Amish Gold

Master Shake February 16, 2021 03:48 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, tomatoes are still proving to be sensitive plants to me.... if it's not one problem it's another.... i still have a few plants producing fruit but a lot of them have succumb to blight and completely died.
I have some ideas for next season, including growing some varieties in pots, swapping my pepper patch and tomato patch and also lowering any expectation for what i will get and adding different vegetables just to take my mind off of the annual disappointment i get from subpar tomato harvests.

Here's a few nice tomatoes from the garden so far,

PNW_D February 16, 2021 11:37 AM

well I don't have to ask what the last one is ..... Uluru Ochre is unique ..... not a big producer in my garden, but excellent taste .....

do you have a favourite in this year's grow out?

ddsack February 16, 2021 11:42 AM

Yes, really am enjoying the sliced pictures and wishing I could have them on a sandwich! Please comment on your favorites when you have some time.

Master Shake February 16, 2021 04:15 PM

Yes, it's Uluru Ochre, probably my favourite new variety this year so far, along with pink and red Brandywine's.

Some varieties died before i even got any fruit from them at all, so will have to try again next season.

GrowingCoastal February 16, 2021 05:07 PM

On the last plate of slices, what is the dark plum shaped one called?
How was it for flavour?

Master Shake February 17, 2021 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=GrowingCoastal;762060]On the last plate of slices, what is the dark plum shaped one called?
How was it for flavour?[/QUOTE]

I didn't eat it yet, that was the SINGLE tomato i got from that plant.... master grower here :lol:

It was really firm, so it's going on a pizza, it's just called Black Plum.

Master Shake March 1, 2021 07:04 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Orange Strawberry (from Whwoz, thanks)

jmsieglaff March 1, 2021 09:09 PM

Some very nice looking tomatoes you've got, that Orange Strawberry looks delicious! Is it fairly late compared to the others you're growing?

Master Shake March 2, 2021 02:55 AM

[QUOTE=jmsieglaff;762328]Some very nice looking tomatoes you've got, that Orange Strawberry looks delicious! Is it fairly late compared to the others you're growing?[/QUOTE]

Compared to smaller tomatoes, but similar to other large ones.... although my yields are pitiful tbh, the soil isn't consistent and i got a lot of blight, so you shouldn't use my garden as any kind of gauge for lateness.

If anyone reads this, what causes tomatoes to get the white core? Is it genetics, that some will always get the whiteness or is it from unhappy plants?

The white core in some is a real negative for me.... and as you can see the Orange Strawberry didn't have that problem. :)

Master Shake March 9, 2021 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=ddsack;762055]Yes, really am enjoying the sliced pictures and wishing I could have them on a sandwich! Please comment on your favorites when you have some time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PNW_D;762054]well I don't have to ask what the last one is ..... Uluru Ochre is unique ..... not a big producer in my garden, but excellent taste .....

do you have a favourite in this year's grow out?[/QUOTE]

Uluru Ochre will be grown again, along with Orange Strawberry, Pink Brandywine, Red Brandywine, Dwarf Wild Spudleaf, Tomme Toe and Orange Bumblebee.

Maybe some others too but those ones are definite. :)