Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   CHOPTAG™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   CHOPTAG Spring Plant Swap (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=3818)

JerryL January 21, 2007 12:17 PM

CHOPTAG Spring Plant Swap

It’s time to announce the CHOPTAG Spring Plant Swap meet.

This year’s event will be held on May 6th from 1 to 4 pm at Paxton Ramsey Park on the East Side of Cincinnati. (See directions below)

[url]http://www.miamitwp.org/recreation/parks/paxton/paxton.htm[/url]

The theory is to bring your extra plants and give away more than you take home. That never seems to work for me.

But if you don't have any to trade you’re still invited. You can easily make up for the lack of plants by bringing food! As we get closer to May 6th and you know what you’ll have in the way of extras post a list here and people can get a sense of what will be available. People have been known to reserve plants so post early and post often.

Remember that EVERYONE is welcome.

Directions:

If you are coming from the North, Down I-75 or I-71 you’ll want to take I275 East to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Using the CENTER lane turn LEFT off the exit. This will put you in the right hand lane on Wards Corner Rd. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

If your coming from the South up I-71/75 take I-275 North to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

For those coming from Indiana on I74 use I-275 through Kentucky continuing to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

Earl January 21, 2007 01:56 PM

Me and Kathy and probably Dad will be there. Will offer some types from a short list sometime in days ahead. Do you think we should start a different thread[s] for plants and food being brought?

Thomas January 22, 2007 11:15 AM

I can't wait!

JerryL January 22, 2007 12:56 PM

Earl : I think we should keep all the info here in one place. That way we have one place to go no matter what we want to talk about relating to the plant swap.

But that’s just my 2 cents. If you want multiple threads that’s OK with me too. :D

Thomas: Sorry you’re going to have to wait. :P :P

Earl January 22, 2007 08:30 PM

Jerry, I think you're right, best not to get to scattered out. This year my goal is to give away everything I take and only return home with 2 new ones. :-)

BTW, does anyone have Barred Boar? Thomas [who has to wait :-)] is looking for a few seeds.

valereee January 23, 2007 05:58 AM

I'll try to be there, but right now I'm scheduled to be out of town that day. However, I'm sure my dad Gordon will come, and he can bring my plants.

Val

Miss_Mudcat January 23, 2007 08:05 AM

The whole family is planning on being there :shock: (I hope that doesn't scare anyone away!). :wink:

Only 103 days to go.... but who's counting?

Lisa

Lee January 23, 2007 08:23 AM

[quote]BTW, does anyone have Barred Boar?[/quote]

I have some from last year. But I wonder if Jerry picked
up a few at Tomatopalooza[tm] IV?

Lee

Thomas January 23, 2007 11:20 AM

Still waiting...... :wink: I am gonna clean flats today and get my lights hung. Something has to happen that relates to maters this week!

Then I'll be ....waiting again. :shock:

Lee, would you like to trade for some of those seeds?

hunter January 23, 2007 01:58 PM

As long as the stork cooperates, I'll be there!

My wife and I are expecting the birth of our third child on May 9th, and seeing as how nobody in either of our families has ever been early for anything, it looks like I'll make it! :lol:

Can't wait to see y'all!

Chris

Earl January 23, 2007 08:16 PM

Lisa,
The more the merrier! That'll give us a chance to get rid of more plants. :-)

Chris,
MAY 9TH!!! I can see headline news now saying, "At local CHOPTAG tomato share event, the club's president, Jerry, delivered a healthy 9 lb. girl as the plant trading went on uninterupted as Jerry delivered the child and auctioned off tomato plants at the same time. :-)

richardm January 24, 2007 06:53 PM

I'll be there...but won't have any idea what I'll be bringing for some time.....

Mark

Lee January 25, 2007 10:33 AM

Thomas,

Send me a PM with your addy and I'll get a few in the mail.
I still have some left from the one's Brad orginally sent.

Lee

Earl January 26, 2007 05:55 PM

Hey, Mark! Glad to see you've come out of hybernation. :-)

JerryL January 27, 2007 09:55 AM

Here’s a list of what I plan to grow this year. So if someone wants one of these let me know and I’ll sow a few extra of that variety.

Abe Lincoln
Alisa Craig
Amish Old Red
Andes Horn
Arkansas Traveler
Aunt Gertie's Gold
Aunt Ruby's German Green
Austrailian Heart
Big Rainbow
Black Cherry
Bloody Butcher
Box Car Willie
Box Car Willie - Impersonator
Brandywine, Quisenbury
Brandywine, Red 'The original'
Brandywine, Yellow (Platfoot)
Break o' Day
Dr. Carolyn
Earls' Faux
Eva Purple Ball
German Red Strawberry
Gold Ball
Golden Queen (USDA)
Grandfather Ashlock
Guido
Isis Candy
Italian Sweet
Jaune Negib
Jerry’s Unknown Salad Pink F5
KBX
Kellogg's Breakfast
Kimberly
Levino
Lillian's Yellow Heirloom
Mama Leone
Manyel
Marianna's Peace
Mark Twain
Mary Ann
Mexico Midget
Mule Team
Neves Azorean Red
Picardy
Pomme d' Amour
Red Barn
Santa Clara Canner
Sarah's Galapagos
Sioux
Sungold F1
Sungold F3
Tennessee Heirloom
Thai Pink Egg
Tiffen Mennonite
Wuhib

Earl January 28, 2007 09:12 AM

Jerry, a request for 1 of Dave's super duper Levinos. I may edit and request a couple more later. Thanks!!

JerryL January 28, 2007 12:11 PM

OK. Check – one Levino for Earl.

Thomas January 31, 2007 02:17 PM

Let me know if you want any of these at the swap.
some I dont have alot of...so...first come first get..

AMISH PASTE
AMISH SALAD
ANANAS NOIRE
ARKANSAS TRAVELLER
AUNT GERTIES GOLD
BEEFSTEAK
BLACK CHERRY
BLACK KRIM
BLACK PLUM
BLACK PRINCE
BLACK SEA MAN
BONNY BEST
BRAZILLIAN BEAUTY
BULLS HEART
CASPIAN PINK
CHEROKEE PURPLE
DELICIOUS
ESTHER'S CHERRY
EVA'S PURPLE BALL
GIANT BELGIUM
GREEN GRAPE
GREEN ZEBRA
HILLBILLY
ISIS CANDY
KELLOGS BREAKFAST
KIMBERLY
LILLIANS LEMON
LUCKY CROSS
MARIANNA'S PEACE
MORTGAGE LIFTER
MR. STRIPEY
ORANGE BANANA
PERSIMMON
PINK PING PONG
PORTERHOUSE
PURPLE RUSSIAN
RUTGERS
SNOW WHITE
SWEET BABY GIRL
TIGERELLA
TINY TIGER
WHITE WONDER

Thomas

tomatoaddict February 4, 2007 06:26 PM

OMG! I can't wait. This will be my first one. I am dragging my husband Frank with me. He doesn't like to grow them just likes to eat them. I am going to bring lot's of good eats. So bring your appetite. Here is a list of what I will be bringing.

[b]Bucks County (Hybrid) Sorry :cry:
Fantome du Laos (white)
Coyote
Aussie
Earl of Edgecombe
Rose
Black
Carbon
Purple Calabash
Mule Team
Opalka
White currant
Ugly Ripe
a Beefsteak variety (OP) from the U.K.
Jelly bean
Thesoliniki
Pantano Romanesco
Sweet Pea currant
Blondkopfchen
Black Zebra
Indian Moon
Pomodorino ciliegia (cherry)
Qiyanai-Huang (Chinese heirloom)
Tres Cantos
Monkey ★★★
Der Dutchman
Jersey Devil
Wins all
Big White Pink stripe
Vintage wine
Sweet Baby Girl (hybrid cherry)
Stump of the world
Wisconsin 55
Muchamiel
Purple Hillbilly
Goccia Di LImone (cherry)
[/b]

I will probably only bring 2 each, so if there is something you have your heart set on, please e-mail me.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Terry

Earl March 9, 2007 08:48 PM

CPSM [CHOPTAG Plant Share Meet] is only 8 WEEKS away! I just bought 15 lbs. of fresh Boston Butt for Pulled Pork sandwiches at the PSM, [yes, I froze it]. That should end up about 10 lbs. of BBQ meat.

JerryL March 10, 2007 06:33 PM

[SIZE=2]Well, now we’ll have a good turn out. :D [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Bring it on Earl.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Don’t forget the seedlings!!!!!!:lol: [/SIZE]

tomatoaddict March 11, 2007 10:37 PM

Jerry,
Could you hold a Red Barn plant for me?
Thanks,
Terry

JerryL March 13, 2007 10:03 AM

Terry,

I'll be glad to reserve a Red Barn for you.:D

ZBQ March 15, 2007 10:57 PM

Hey guys!
I plan on being there too. I am getting ready to start my seeds this weekend so I hope I will have big enough plants by then. I haven't even figured out what all I am growing yet.:roll::roll: There are just too many to choose from!:lol: Going to branch out this year and do some different types of sweet peppers, 2 types of beets, 2 or 3 types of lettuce and mabey a couple of types of onions.

tomatoaddict March 28, 2007 08:28 PM

I just wanted to tell all the CHOPTAG attenders, that I will have a suprise tomato plant with me. I am trying to bring one for everyone but at this point it looks like it will be 10. VERY BIG SUPRISE!!! I couldn't help myself posting this. You all are going to have to agonize over what it is. I can tell you that it is a very special tomato plant. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Earl March 29, 2007 07:00 PM

Are they going to have ripe tomatoes on them? Now, that would be a hugemongous surprise. :-)

tomatoaddict March 29, 2007 08:39 PM

You're funny Earl. :mrgreen: I think you'll be mighty happy with it.

Thomas April 11, 2007 04:24 AM

Anybody bringing a Toms Yellow Wonder? I wasnt able to get any seeds this year :? I will have plenty to trade. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Miss_Mudcat April 11, 2007 08:20 AM

Thomas,
I can bring a Tom's Yellow Wonder for you.

Here's my list of tomatoes, and so long as they don't freeze to death in the meanwhile, I'll be glad to bring any requests.

Arkansas Traveler
Black Sea Man [1 for Neil]
(The real) Box Car Willie [1 for Dave]
Brandywine OTV
Indian Moon
Delicious
Dr. Carolyn
Druzba
Levino
Manyel
Noir De Crimmee
Red Barn [1 for Dave]
Red House Freestanding
Rose De Berne
Sioux
Taxi
Varigated
Red Fig
Black Cherry
Aunt Gertie's Gold
Eva Purple Ball
Grub's Mystery Green
Kimberly
Wes [1 for Dave, 1 for Hunter, 1 for Tomatoaddict]
Mexico Midget
Galina's Yellow Cherry
Silvery Fir Tree
Fireball
Black Zebra [1 for Neil]
Steve's Cross RL
Big Rainbow
Roger's Best Black
Tom's Yellow Wonder [1 for Thomas, 1 for Hunter]
Ramapo

Lisa

Dave_Z6 April 11, 2007 09:20 AM

Lisa:
I could use a Red Barn, Box Car Willie and Wes if you would kindly bring them to the swap. Thanks.
Dave