Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Growing for Market (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Todays market. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45428)

clkeiper June 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Todays market.

6 Attachment(s)
I rarely have time for photos but I had help yesterday getting set up. [ATTACH]74525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74528[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74530[/ATTACH]

Rockporter June 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Beautiful, I'd buy from you.

jtjmartin June 25, 2017 11:50 AM

!!!STUPID QUESTION ALERT!!!

Do people buy the green tomatoes for fried green tomatoes? Good seller?

Your produce and plants look great!

Jeff

clkeiper June 25, 2017 04:24 PM

not a stupid question, but yes... fried green tomatoes.

oakley June 25, 2017 04:48 PM

Ah, sweet success and harvest. I'll see lots of green tomatoes traveling North soon.
Some early varieties do especially well fried green.

It is a Southern thing as well as North EasternShore. Good pairing with early zucchini
flowers here.

I'm getting a few raspberries enough for breakfast. Not much else but rhubarb and
chives.

Looks great, your harvest. :)

jtjmartin June 25, 2017 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=clkeiper;649861]not a stupid question, but yes... fried green tomatoes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you from a transplanted Yankee! :lol:

ginger2778 June 25, 2017 06:33 PM

Now I'm hungry.

Cole_Robbie June 25, 2017 09:09 PM

wow, big strawberries

BigVanVader June 25, 2017 09:15 PM

Nice! Whats your favorite cuke for production so far?

clkeiper June 25, 2017 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=Cole_Robbie;649910]wow, big strawberries[/QUOTE]
those are Albion berries. We grow them in the high tunnel with plasticulture. not huge yields at a time but consistent.

"Nice! Whats your favorite cuke for production so far?"

ummm, can't really say. last year I grew EZ pick gold and EZ pick green along with a striped/mottled zuke. they all produced well. this year I am growing cashflow and goldrush? not sure about the yellow. these are all in the high tunnel. so far, not copious amounts .

gdaddybill June 26, 2017 07:19 AM

Very impressive! Love the Beit Alpha cukes.

Ricky Shaw June 26, 2017 07:39 AM

A beautiful spread! Unbelievable strawberries, they're are big as plums.

BigVanVader June 26, 2017 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=clkeiper;649925]those are Albion berries. We grow them in the high tunnel with plasticulture. not huge yields at a time but consistent.

"Nice! Whats your favorite cuke for production so far?"

ummm, can't really say. last year I grew EZ pick gold and EZ pick green along with a striped/mottled zuke. they all produced well. this year I am growing cashflow and goldrush? not sure about the yellow. these are all in the high tunnel. so far, not copious amounts .[/QUOTE]

Lol, I meant cucumbers. Those look like Cornito maybe..I'm thinking I may try them next year.

imp June 26, 2017 07:53 AM

Pretty table, Carolyn.

clkeiper June 26, 2017 07:58 AM

I misread bvv's question
..I answered for zukes not cukes. This is glass and garden from crimes hort. and the other I forget right now...but another seed from crimes hort. I think the glass and garden variety is really muncher...but not sure. That is my next crop to go in. No favorites at this point.

wildcat62 June 26, 2017 09:11 AM

Great looking table. The product sells itself when it looks that good. Curious what kind of raspberries you grow? We grow a couple of different types of blackberries & may plant something else soon. Can you recommend any?

clkeiper June 26, 2017 11:52 AM

this raspberry has no name. I bought a yellow one to try and it is the nicest red one I have ever grown. we are up to about a 30' row of them by just transplanting them. I plan to start another row of them as soon as I have enough. we had Carolines but they keeled over last year. they were looking really nice and as soon as they started ripening they withered and died. no idea what happened to them. maybe my husband oversprayed a spray on them? we usually spray calcium and maybe he had too much in the sprayer? we don't spray herbicides usually so I am thinking no drift from that. had a fire in March and had the entire fire dept in the back yard but I am positive that would have damaged them before Sept of last year if there was some run off of something. they were a great variety for us until then. I think it was something we did but no idea as to what.
we also have a short row of Autumn Bliss... they are showing the same issue as the Carolines but were a nice sized and tasting berry, too.

Worth1 June 26, 2017 05:15 PM

That looks great Carolyn.
I am going to start berries soon when I get set up.

Worth

BigVanVader June 26, 2017 05:24 PM

If I grew raspberries I'd eat em all myself. So I guess I need to grow some!

Worth1 June 26, 2017 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;650138]If I grew raspberries I'd eat em all myself. So I guess I need to grow some![/QUOTE]

I dont plan on selling any.:))
Worth

BigVanVader June 26, 2017 08:09 PM

Back in the day you could pick wild black rasberries all over NC. They were so delecious. I need to see if I can find some to dig up.

Urbanheirlooms June 27, 2017 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;650183]Back in the day you could pick wild black rasberries all over NC. They were so delecious. I need to see if I can find some to dig up.[/QUOTE]

The black raspberries don't seem to grow in big patches in my area of Virginia. The red ones, though are everywhere! There are miles of patches if you know where to go. Blackberries are everywhere here no matter where you go. I picked 10 cups of red raspberries (enough to make jam) in about an hour. I didn't have to move more than 30 feet. Wild blackberries are just starting to come in. Can't wait to have some cobblers and make some jam.