Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ContainerTed ::: Back from the dead again (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50634)

ContainerTed September 27, 2020 05:31 PM

ContainerTed ::: Back from the dead again

4 Attachment(s)
Just got home from hospital. Wanted all to know that I've been having a rough time with severe pancreatitis. I guess it was too many good drinks over the years. Right now, my doctors are hopeful I can get thru this. My strength is pretty good, given all the stuff I've been thru. But I wanted you folks to know that I appreciate being a part of this community and like the danged cancer we went thru, they can hurt me, but I don't have to like it. So much for my attitude check.

But here's the good stuff. Somehow I've been able to manage a few tomatoes. Here's a couple of pictures.

For my good friend Retiree. here's Ashleigh from your old seeds.

[ATTACH]92561[/ATTACH]

For another good friend, Clara, here's Henry's Sunshine from this year.

[ATTACH]92562[/ATTACH]

For Craig (NCTOMATOMAN), to whom we all owe so much, and whom I am humbled to have been able to call my friend, here's Shelby's Purple which took a lot of searching.

[ATTACH]92563[/ATTACH]

Eveyone take care and wish me well in the fight ahead of me. I have always felt privileges to been a part of this community. I hope I can continue for a while.

Master Shake September 27, 2020 06:58 PM

I don't know you but best wishes, Sir.

And nice pictures. :)

mcsee September 27, 2020 07:14 PM

Gee Ted, not good news, but I'm sure your Doctors will get you through it and back on deck soon. Nice to see you posting your tomatoes again, I will try them one day.

Take care my friend, stay well.

mcsee

hl2601 September 27, 2020 09:11 PM

Dear Ted-
I am glad to see you back and wish you the very best! I hope you can do some self care and I think a glass of your homemade tomato juice has simply got to help!
Heide

Norval September 27, 2020 09:46 PM

Hello Ted:
I've followed your postings and borrowed your good information about container growing since you lived in Atlanta and posted at Garden Web. I avidly read your advice and knowledge posted here at Tomatoville.
Best wishes for your good health, keep your spirits up and keep chugging along.
Norval

PaulF September 27, 2020 10:44 PM

Please take care and get better soon.

KarenO September 28, 2020 10:10 AM

I’m sorry to hear of your Illness Ted, I wish you a fast and full recovery!
KarenO

ddsack September 28, 2020 10:49 AM

Hang in there, Ted! You know you have our total support, always! The pictures of the tomatoes make me wish my season was not over.

brownrexx September 28, 2020 10:50 AM

I don't know you either but I wish you the best and your tomatoes look beautiful.

mike5953 September 28, 2020 11:40 AM

Nice looking tomatoes Ted.
Hope you continue feeling better!

MrBig46 September 28, 2020 02:21 PM

Ted, I'm thinking of you. Hold on!
Vladimir

PhilaGardener September 28, 2020 07:23 PM

Rest well and think of next year's tomatoes! They will be worth it!

Salsacharley September 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Thanks for the update Ted. So sorry to know of your physical challenge. Best wishes for strength, comfort and peace as you heal.

sjamesNorway September 29, 2020 11:35 AM

You're a survivor, Ted. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.

Steve

Barb_FL September 29, 2020 11:15 PM

I hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Your tomatoes look delicious.

Take care,
Barb

GoDawgs September 30, 2020 06:05 PM

There are too many tomatoes for you to try so you're going to get through this. Smoke signals going up to the Great Healer on your behalf.

Spike2 September 30, 2020 06:52 PM

Thanks for the update Ted! You so got this!! Hope you are 100% back on your feet in no time.

amideutch October 1, 2020 08:40 AM

Hey Ted looking good as usual. Having issues with my PC. Hopefully will have them solved in the near future.
Ami
The other Ted.