Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   2 Pepper Plant Sizes? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=40423)

AlittleSalt March 29, 2016 10:20 AM

2 Pepper Plant Sizes?

I have been researching pepper plant sizes (Especially how tall they grow) and I haven't found much info on these two:

Peppadew
Thai Chili Large

Would any of you know how tall/big these two pepper varieties get?

Starlight March 29, 2016 03:43 PM

Salt... I found a couple of old posts from another site where Drew51 and another person said their Peppadew got about 5 feet tall.

The Thai Chili Large.. Places say about 3 feet, which is about what my plant got too.

Hope that helps. : )

AlittleSalt March 29, 2016 03:59 PM

Thank you Star :)

Those two varieties will get planted out in the main garden.

Worth1 March 29, 2016 07:30 PM

[QUOTE=Starlight;546769]Salt... I found a couple of old posts from another site where Drew51 and another person said their Peppadew got about 5 feet tall.

The Thai Chili Large.. Places say about 3 feet, which is about what my plant got too.

Hope that helps. : )[/QUOTE]

Thank you from me too.:yes:

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;546774]Thank you Star :)

Those two varieties will get planted out in the main garden.[/QUOTE]

Salt that means 8 feet in our neck of the woods.:lol:

Worth

ginger2778 March 29, 2016 07:40 PM

My peppadew got to 4' tall, but 5 feet diameter.

Starlight March 29, 2016 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;546843]My peppadew got to 4' tall, but 5 feet diameter.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity did you make pickled peppadew's from your peppers?

P.S. Your welcome, glad to be of help!

AlittleSalt March 29, 2016 09:06 PM

5 foot wide! I have two plants. According to Worth's math - that's 8' tall x 8' wide each...I need a bigger garden. :lol:

ginger2778 March 29, 2016 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Starlight;546855]Out of curiosity did you make pickled peppadew's from your peppers?

P.S. Your welcome, glad to be of help![/QUOTE]

No, they were thick fleshed and sweet, I just ate them, or cut and sauteed for omlettes.

Starlight March 30, 2016 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;546867]5 foot wide! I have two plants. According to Worth's math - that's 8' tall x 8' wide each...I need a bigger garden. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: Don't we all. If you run out of room, try casually intermingling your plants on to the neighbors property. Just make sure you collect the harvest before they do. ;):D

[QUOTE=ginger2778;546895]No, they were thick fleshed and sweet, I just ate them, or cut and sauteed for omlettes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That sounds yummy. :D

rdback March 30, 2016 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;546656]I have been researching pepper plant sizes (Especially how tall they grow) and I haven't found much info on these two:

Peppadew
Thai Chili Large

Would any of you know how tall/big these two pepper varieties get?[/QUOTE]

The Peppadew is a Baccatum, so it can get tall and lanky. I've grown it a few times, and it grew to about four feet tall. I use tomato cages on my peppers, so it kinda keeps them in check. Without the cage, my guess is it could easily sprawl to five feet wide, or more.

I haven't grown the Thai Chile Large, so can't help there.