Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   GGWT (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45646)

bad.kelpie July 20, 2017 11:29 PM

GGWT

1 Attachment(s)
My first year growing this, and it won't be my last. What a fantastic tomato! This one, some of it at least, currently resides in my tomato/mayo sandwich.

JRinPA July 21, 2017 12:23 AM

I had a seed map mixup...I THINK and HOPE I have one planted. My earliest types are just starting to blush.

HudsonValley July 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Pretty! I accidentally knocked all of the leaves off my one GGWT seedling back in May, so it's at the top of the list for 2018. How productive is it?

GrowingCoastal July 22, 2017 10:19 PM

"How productive is it?"

For you or the rest of us? It doesn't look like you can do any wrong in your wonderful greenhouse.

HudsonValley July 22, 2017 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=GrowingCoastal;656288]"How productive is it?"

For you or the rest of us? It doesn't look like you can do any wrong in your wonderful greenhouse.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a greenhouse -- perhaps you're confusing me with another Tomatovillian?

Spartanburg123 July 22, 2017 10:43 PM

In my top three cultivars, Marsha sent me seeds a few years ago, and I wouldn't ever be without this in my garden. Huge productivity, disease tolerant, great taste, and unbelievably beautiful!! Enjoy!!!

clkeiper July 23, 2017 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=HudsonValley;656291]I don't have a greenhouse -- perhaps you're confusing me with another Tomatovillian?[/QUOTE]

probably like me... HudsonWY...

HudsonValley July 24, 2017 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=clkeiper;656344]probably like me... HudsonWY...[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes; too many Tomatovillians with "Hudson" in their handles. ;)

I'll look forward to GGWT in my 2018 garden; it sounds wonderful! For now, I'll content myself with the 40-odd varieties taking over the yard.

roper2008 July 24, 2017 08:27 AM

Unfortunately I got grey mold on my plant. This disease brings down a plant fast.

Fritz77 July 24, 2017 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm really excited about this variety. It's one of the few striped tomatoes I've grown in my brief gardening career. I've made a mistake though. It was the last variety I planted out in my garden (I think I did it the first week of this past June), so it looks like those fruits are going to ripen while my family and I are away on vacation. I'm leaving August 6th:(.
Here's how mine looked a few days ago

MissS July 24, 2017 11:27 AM

Those tomatoes are looking good. Perhaps you could pick one or two and take them along with you to ripen. That way you would still get to taste them. Or, you could pick them all now, the plant will begin to bloom and set more fruit for you to try when you return.

wildcat62 July 24, 2017 12:05 PM

I somehow overlooked getting this one started till it was too late. That won't happen again.