Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

KarenO April 25, 2019 08:45 PM

Oh wow Lee, they look just great :) won’t be long by for the KARMAs, we have typically been getting first ripe at about 110 days from sowing seed for the KARMAs
K

IronPete April 28, 2019 01:02 PM

My Karma Tomatoes

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all;

My season is well behind most people's but I do have sme good results so far from my efforts. If I can get it to work the 3 pics that should be attached are Karma Pink, Karma Purple MF and Tiaga. All were started April 9th when they were soaked over night and then planted the next day. I had 100% germination. These pics are from 5 minutes ago so are how my plants look 19 days after initial soaking.
Thanks; Pete :)

ginger2778 April 28, 2019 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=IronPete;733992]Hi all;

My season is well behind most people's but I do have sme good results so far from my efforts. If I can get it to work the 3 pics that should be attached are Karma Pink, Karma Purple MF and Tiaga. All were started April 9th when they were soaked over night and then planted the next day. I had 100% germination. These pics are from 5 minutes ago so are how my plants look 19 days after initial soaking.
Thanks; Pete :)[/QUOTE]

Those look perfect, and I think they are growing rapidly. So glad to hear of your success in germination too. Thank you so much for this post.

KarenO April 28, 2019 08:35 PM

Awesome Pete, not behind at all, ahead in Canada :)
I hope you love them and share seeds with friends on your lovely island :)
Marsha, seems like nearly universal great germination. Thank you for your awesome seed saving skills!
Karen

ginger2778 April 28, 2019 11:45 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;734044]Awesome Pete, not behind at all, ahead in Canada :)
I hope you love them and share seeds with friends on your lovely island :)
Marsha, seems like nearly universal great germination. Thank you for your awesome seed saving skills!
Karen[/QUOTE]

It's humbling.

wxcrawler May 2, 2019 01:47 PM

Last week, we had a few posts about KARMA Purple Multiflora and the multifloral characteristics of it. I now have a single truss with 41 tiny fruit, full blooms, or bloomlets (the tiny things that become full blooms....I don't know what they are officially called) on it. That's awesome!

Lee

akgardengirl May 2, 2019 02:57 PM

That's cool about your Karma Purple MF cherry! It does confirm that I don't have the multiflora type at all but instead the regular Karma Purple cherry. Mine has 3 blooms on the spray and both plants are the same. I'm looking forward to this one anyhow and will get the mf seeds next year!

KarenO May 2, 2019 05:35 PM

Hmm even the regular KARMA purple should have more than 3...
it’s very early, see what subsequent blooming is like I think.
Karen

NicolasGarcia May 6, 2019 07:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all.
Yesterday I did the transplant to my final garden of KARMA pink, I show my first set of flowers, in total 5 flowers and above forming a set of four flowers. Desiring to try these delicious tomatoes again.

KarenO May 6, 2019 10:22 AM

You will have some early ones Nico :)
Karen

bad.kelpie May 14, 2019 06:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
KARMA Purple Multiflora and KARMA Peach, both doing very well, the Purple MF was very small and slow to start, but is catching up nicely. KARMA Peach has big flowers.

KarenO May 14, 2019 06:54 PM

Your plants are looking great :)
I hope you enjoy them!
Karen

ginger2778 May 15, 2019 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=akgardengirl;734365]That's cool about your Karma Purple MF cherry! It does confirm that I don't have the multiflora type at all but instead the regular Karma Purple cherry. Mine has 3 blooms on the spray and both plants are the same. I'm looking forward to this one anyhow and will get the mf seeds next year![/QUOTE]

I think I was out of mf seeds when I gave you them. I know that happened with a few folks, because they were so highly requested. I thought I would have written that on the pack though, or otherwise indicated it, do you see any writing from me on that seed pack?
In any event, you should see a spray of way more than 3. Actually though, KARMA Pink often starts out with the first spray being a smaller amount too, but then it gets to be 7 or 8 thereafter.

ginger2778 May 15, 2019 02:39 PM

BadKelpie, really nice! A joy for me to see them growing so well in other folks gardens.

jmsieglaff May 18, 2019 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
KARMA Peach and Purple MF went into the ground today! They are also shown by BW Sudduth, just showing those BIG potato leaves.