Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

ginger2778 September 21, 2015 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=KarenO;505959]Babies! They look great Marsha!
Karen[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and I agree! ;)

Gardeneer September 23, 2015 12:13 AM

So this way you can grow 3 generations. Eg, in 3 years you can get up to F9.

VGood.

Gardeneer

KarenO September 23, 2015 12:25 AM

Three growouts per year might be pushing it but two should be easy. Marsha can grow in winter and I will grow in spring/summer. Not rushing allows for close observation and careful selection of the best and it will be interesting to see how they do in such vastly different climates.
It will still be twice as fast as I could do it on my own thanks to Marsha's partnership.
KarenO

ginger2778 September 24, 2015 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Karen, I think you're going to like this......Heeee!

All together 3 healthy looking seedlings, one is getting it's true leaves. Day 10.

Barb_FL September 24, 2015 08:41 AM

looks good; nice fat stems too.

What mix are you growing in?

ginger2778 September 24, 2015 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=Barb_FL;506297]looks good; nice fat stems too.

What mix are you growing in?[/QUOTE]

Miracle Gro seed starting potting mix. Will go into PromixBX at first true leaf transplant, about 6 more days, I think.

KarenO September 24, 2015 09:49 AM

Oh they look perfect! It's so nice to see little seedlings again, it's was March when I last had some little sprouts to pamper. I like MG seedling mix too and use it myself and then you can't go wrong with pro mix for later. You and I think alike it seems
Thanks for posting the photo :)
Karen

RobinB September 26, 2015 02:59 PM

Nice! It's a little hard to tell from the photo but that one seedling in the middle looks like it may be PL. Is it, Marsha?

ginger2778 September 26, 2015 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Regular leafed all the way! Here's a fresh photo from 15 minutes ago, and looky looky, another seed has come up! That's 4 of 5!

KarenO September 26, 2015 07:09 PM

Awesome! they look great Marsha, the three big ones are nice and stocky! Are you planning to grow out all that grow or are you going to select the best one from the group to grow for your winter season?

Thanks for posting the progress, I am sadly starting to clean up my gardens for winter so it is lovely to see the babies :)

Karen

Bipetual September 27, 2015 12:15 AM

Verrrry interesting!:)

ginger2778 September 27, 2015 03:03 AM

[QUOTE=KarenO;506587]Awesome! they look great Marsha, the three big ones are nice and stocky! Are you planning to grow out all that grow or are you going to select the best one from the group to grow for your winter season?

Thanks for posting the progress, I am sadly starting to clean up my gardens for winter so it is lovely to see the babies :)

Karen[/QUOTE]
I think I will transplant all 4, give 2 away to friends that will use them just as food plants, since I am having the swap, and 2 are going to get coveted sunny spots in a shared Earthbox.
Karen, you must be so proud, the quality of these seeds is wonderful. These little guys are going to be treated like royalty.:)

BackyardFarm September 27, 2015 03:00 PM

This sounds amazing! It's just what I'm looking for in my garden. :)

I'm looking forward to your results!

ginger2778 September 29, 2015 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the babies, ready for transplant, and a little one not quite ready.

ginger2778 September 29, 2015 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now transplanted deeply to the 4" pots, I used a pinch of Tomato Maker, and Promix BX.