Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Sweet pepper not a Bell (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46741)

eyegrotom February 18, 2018 03:55 PM

Sweet pepper not a Bell

I am looking for your ideals for a couple of peppers to grow that are Sweet and not Bells thanks Mike

dave February 18, 2018 04:55 PM

Chervena Chushka from SSE

rhines81 February 18, 2018 05:08 PM

[SIZE=2][COLOR=green]Cubanelle
Sweet Banana
and everyone is talking about Shish-ito. I haven't tried it yet, but growing this year for the 1st time.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

PaulF February 18, 2018 06:01 PM

Add Frank's Sweet, Giant Aconcagua and Marconi Red.

Nattybo! February 18, 2018 06:06 PM

Seconding sweet banana, produces like crazy!
Klari’s baby cheese was loved by my friends. Some of them thought it was a tomato and were surprised when they cut into it to find out that it was a pepper, lol!

greenthumbomaha February 18, 2018 06:23 PM

Second Marconi Red. Not as sweet raw but sweet when roasted and productive Giant Marconi F!.

- Lisa

clkeiper February 18, 2018 07:33 PM

Golden treasure for a 6"ish pepper and orange (nt red not yellow) Yummy for a snacking pepper.

kath February 18, 2018 07:46 PM

Huge fan of sweet peppers here- this year I'm comparing Ajvarski, Chervena Chushka, Elephant Ear, Palanacko Cudo, Belcanto F1 and Pimento L for reds, and Belcanto F1, Cornito Giallo, Crunch Sweet Orange, Escamillo and Yellow Sparkler for yellow/gold/orange types.

kath

ScottinAtlanta February 18, 2018 08:47 PM

Golden Marconi! Better than Red Marconi.

Zeedman February 18, 2018 11:07 PM

I agree with Chervena Chushka, Elephant Ear, and Cubanelle. Amfora is another good one if you can find it, similar to Elephant Ear. You might also want to try some of the pimento type peppers, the heirlooms Greygo and Djuric are both very good. Melrose if you want a sweet pepper that ripens quickly.

AlittleSalt February 18, 2018 11:52 PM

I have to go with Banana too (The sweet kind). Toss some slices into a pan or stir fry and they suddenly have a lot of pleasant flavor.

eyegrotom February 19, 2018 10:16 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestion, looks like I am going to go with golden treasure, marcon red and Jimmy nardella

shelleybean February 19, 2018 01:40 PM

Golden Treasure is very good. I have grown it many times and will again this year, too. Jimmy Nardello is also a great choice. I also like the pimento types like Sheepnose, Ashe County and Doe Hill.

Fred Hempel February 20, 2018 01:54 PM

I really like Golden Treasure too!!

[QUOTE=clkeiper;684200]Golden treasure for a 6"ish pepper and orange (nt red not yellow) Yummy for a snacking pepper.[/QUOTE]

Nematode June 19, 2018 08:46 AM

Red belgian.
Early prolific, delicious.