Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Random Pictures. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35477)

Worth1 August 12, 2015 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sue you might find them as canary beans.
I can't believe you can't get white cornmeal in Alaska.
That seems so strange. :lol:
Worth
Here's the cornbread sliced.
Made it with powdered milk.
Worth
[ATTACH]52471[/ATTACH]

akgardengirl August 12, 2015 12:56 PM

I love beans. My friend gets that white cornmeal from a mill down south and it may be organic. She uses buttermilk in her cornbread. I have my sister in law looking for those beans in CA.
Sue

Gerardo August 12, 2015 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;498542]Sue you might find them as canary beans.
Worth
Worth
[ATTACH]52471[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Very nice. Buen Provecho!

akgardengirl August 12, 2015 01:38 PM

Worth, were the beans presoaked and was the beef raw when you put in the crockpot? I guess I just need the recipe!!!!
Sue

Worth1 August 12, 2015 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=akgardengirl;498563]Worth, were the beans presoaked and was the beef raw when you put in the crockpot? I guess I just need the recipe!!!!
Sue[/QUOTE]

Soaked in water for about 8 hours and drained abut 3 times.
About 1 pound of beans I used 1/2 to 1/2 teaspoon each of chili arbol You can use red pepper but less if you dont like hot, cumin black pepper onion flakes garlic powder and some canned not pickled hot red rocoto peppers you may not be able to find.
It was just 3 small boneless beef ribs flash browned in a skillet and cut up small.

Worth

Hellmanns August 12, 2015 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;498542]Sue you might find them as canary beans.
Worth
Worth
[ATTACH]52471[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Nice, and even a sight appropriate centerpiece!

Worth1 August 13, 2015 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you do with a few small cucumbers you have no use for?
Why a pint of way hot sweet relish.
Used the old universal hand crank food chopper to choo the cucumbers.
Worth
[ATTACH]52498[/ATTACH]

Zana August 13, 2015 07:43 PM

Armenian Tourshi making time right now....sighhhhhhh. Part of the mini marathon was postponed until next Tuesday...since my Sis was no longer available today. So I decided to do the Tourshi on my own...and leave the Armenian Dill Pickles until Tuesday. I figure I'm going to be doing close to 24 1L jars. Have already prepped the cauliflower, eggplant, cabbage, carrots, hot peppers, green and yellow beans. (my garden is now completely bare of anything remotely ripe. LOL) Still to clean the cukes, garlic and dill, plus sterlise the jars/lids, stuff the jars, make up the brine and pour the brine in the jars and seal.. Figure it will be close to midnight before I'm done....if I'm lucky. Will try to take a pic when I get done tonight. If I'm awake enough to remember to do it. LOL

Worth1 August 14, 2015 02:47 PM

No pictuer but a comment.
Last night I experimented and it was a complete flop.
All along it was against my better judgment but I did it anyway.
For years I have heard about people batter dipping catfish instead of flipping in fish fry or cornmeal the way I have always done.

I ate it but it wasn't good.
It looked good and crispy but sucked.
Maybe my palette isn't sophisticated enough and my southern country upbringing has kept me from enjoying the finer things in life.
I dont know.
All I do know is I will never do it again, please forgive me for stepping out of my station in life.
Now I will pack up my old mule leave the big city and ride back into the hills and streams of Texas where I belong.:lol:

Worth

TexasTycoon August 14, 2015 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;498964]No pictuer but a comment.
Last night I experimented and it was a complete flop.
All along it was against my better judgment but I did it anyway.
For years I have heard about people batter dipping catfish instead of flipping in fish fry or cornmeal the way I have always done.

I ate it but it wasn't good.
It looked good and crispy but sucked.
Maybe my palette isn't sophisticated enough and my southern country upbringing has kept me from enjoying the finer things in life.
I dont know.
All I do know is I will never do it again, please forgive me for stepping out of my station in life.
Now I will pack up my old mule leave the big city and ride back into the hills and streams of Texas where I belong.:lol:

Worth[/QUOTE]

Sacrilege! :lol: Catfish needs cornmeal. What'd you use for your batter?

Worth1 August 14, 2015 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=TexasTycoon;498966]Sacrilege! :lol: Catfish needs cornmeal. What'd you use for your batter?[/QUOTE]
Egg water flour and corn flour.
Catfish is just way to delicate for this.
It was so stupid.:(
Worth

Father'sDaughter August 14, 2015 06:44 PM

Random Pictures.

I just watched an Alton Brown episode on catfish. He resisted frying it until the very end, then he went all Col. Sanders on it -- white suit, cane and all.

Worth1 August 14, 2015 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=Father'sDaughter;499010]I just watched an Alton Brown episode on catfish. He resisted frying it until the very end, then he went all Col. Sanders on it -- white suit, cane and all.[/QUOTE]

Pleas tell me he used corn meal and didn't bread it.:?
I have seen him kill more than one meal but I still like him for the entertainment.

Worth

Father'sDaughter August 14, 2015 07:16 PM

Dipped in buttermilk than dredged in a corn meal/flour mixture.

He did out some Old Bay seasoning in, commenting that it was a Yankee thing, and I think salt, pepper and paprika.

Worth1 August 14, 2015 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Father'sDaughter;499016]Dipped in buttermilk than dredged in a corn meal/flour mixture.

He did out some Old Bay seasoning in, commenting that it was a Yankee thing, and I think salt, pepper and paprika.[/QUOTE]

Gross./puke:))

Worth