Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Weather (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=41104)

Gardeneer March 12, 2017 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;624908]Well it is only 47 here but it is a wet 47 and cold.
I have been cold for two days now.[/QUOTE]:yes:
That is what we have right now and its going to be our high for the day.
Its is clearing up and getting ready for cold. Tomorrow be be fine 56/41.
Anything under 50 is cold for me.

Worth1 March 12, 2017 02:47 PM

I just took a hot shower and then fixed a leaky faucet that has been driving me nuts.
That seemed to help matters a little.:lol:
Worth

AKmark March 12, 2017 03:30 PM

You guys just need another weather smooch from the north, it will thicken your skin. LOL Seems like Cole and Gardeneer don't get rattled too easy, has a plan for cold weather and is pressing on daily regardless.
We are getting up to about 30, had 3 degrees last night, the heaters are running a lot.

Gardeneer March 12, 2017 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=AKmark;624926]You guys just need another weather smooch from the north, it will thicken your skin. LOL Seems like Cole and Gardeneer don't get rattled too easy, has a plan for cold weather and is pressing on daily regardless.
We are getting up to about 30, had 3 degrees last night, the heaters are running a lot.[/QUOTE]
Mark, thanks for reminding that I should toughen up a bit and stop being sissy. :)):))

carolyn137 March 12, 2017 03:55 PM

What the heck are you folks talking about as to weather?

Up here in my area of NYS and adjoing areas areas we had a nice warm spell for early March, crocuses up buds on apple trees and lilacs,etc,then BOOM,disaster since this is apple country and when the cold weather came it's going to be a long year $$$ since the buds were frozen.

Then Boom again starting a few days ago,high winds, power outages and temps dropping like a rock. The last few nights down to almost zero with still those high winds, same yesterday and to day and for tomorrow.

Now a winter weather watch starting late Monday thru Tuesday for high winds and snow up to 10 to 15 inches of snow.It will take more than a couple of days to get plowed out,so no meals on Wheels,no Martha or Freda who help me here at home,no nuttin.

But I do have some great dark chocolate and enough cigarettes,so I should be fine.:twisted::?:

Carolyn

Worth1 March 12, 2017 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;624931]What the heck are you folks talking about as to weather?

Up here in my area of NYS and adjoing areas areas we had a nice warm spell for early March, crocuses up buds on apple trees and lilacs,etc,then BOOM,disaster since this is apple country and when the cold weather came it's going to be a long year $$$ since the buds were frozen.

Then Boom again starting a few days ago,high winds, power outages and temps dropping like a rock. The last few nights down to almost zero with still those high winds, same yesterday and to day and for tomorrow.

Now a winter weather watch starting late Monday thru Tuesday for high winds and snow up to 10 to 15 inches of snow.It will take more than a couple of days to get plowed out,so no meals on Wheels,no Martha or Freda who help me here at home,no nuttin.

But I do have some great dark chocolate and enough cigarettes,so I should be fine.:twisted::?:

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

Carolyn there were two things that would make a person get on the open farm tractor and drive to town in the cold and snowed in when I lived in Missouri.
Tobacco and coffee. :lol:

I remember more than once driving the old CASE farm tractor that ten miles to town as a little boy with my father next to me.

The owner of the store had a farm next to us and he drove the tractor every day to work when we were snowed in.
There were no snow plows the grader was down and the snow was so bad the school bus didn't come for something like two weeks.

Deborah March 12, 2017 04:28 PM

Carolyn, I envy your being able to say you have enough cigarettes. I have just two packs and won't see a penny till Wednesday. I feel like crying because I know that the misery of going without arrives tomorrow.

wildcat62 March 12, 2017 04:32 PM

Worth....Got to have priorities :lol: Been there and done that.

Worth1 March 12, 2017 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=wildcat62;624942]Worth....Got to have priorities :lol: Been there and done that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't smoke yet but I did drink coffee when I was a little kid.
So all I got out of it was we ate a hamburger at the town square drugstore.
My dad didn't even smoke he was getting the tobacco for my mom.:))

Jimbotomateo March 12, 2017 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;624931]What the heck are you folks talking about as to weather?

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

No wonder you never gripe about anything Carolyn!;). With all that dark chocolate and cigarettes you should be on cloud nine! :lol::lol::lol:. Jimbo

clkeiper March 12, 2017 04:45 PM

Storm warning now for the northeast. we have a storm watch so far starting Monday to Wed. Been cold since last week now and in the teens at night. sigh. had enough. go away! I honestly shouldn't complain... I haven't had to shovel snow all winter.

AlittleSalt March 12, 2017 04:59 PM

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

Carolyn, you can hop on a plane and come make fun of me for thinking it's cold here :lol: Just bring lots of dark chocolates and smokes.
Of course, by the time you get here - it'll be hot again. :)

HudsonValley March 12, 2017 07:25 PM

18-30" of snow predicted for my area, tomorrow night through Wednesday. Fingers crossed for those of us affected.

slugworth March 12, 2017 07:32 PM

hope the power doesn't go out

Gardeneer March 12, 2017 08:49 PM

One of the reason that I moved to the south is that I don't like too much cold , snow and looong winters. I can put up better with high heat than cold. I have lived in places with harsh winters most of my life, CT, MO, IL ..just to name a few. PNW though not very cold but had loong season with rain, clouds , drizzles stretching from October to June.