Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ XI - 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   7th Annual Tomato TasteFest Invite! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29366)

remy July 22, 2013 10:24 PM

7th Annual Tomato TasteFest Invite!

Hi ALL,
It is that time of year again. Hope have all been well!
The party is [B]Sat. Aug. 24 at 1:00[/B]. Rain or Shine.(There is a house, clean garage, large covered porch, and tents in case of inclement weather.) Official party ends at 8, but some of us still hang out and talk till about 10.

[B]Remember even if your tomato harvest is less than stellar, we want you there![/B] All of you that have attended before know we always have way more tomatoes than we need : )[B][I]It is your company that is the most important.[/I][/B]

[B]Tomato TASTING and CONTESTS[/B]: Bring tomato varieties to taste. Two(more in the case of small cherry tomatoes) of each variety is good, one for display, one for tasting, but if you only have a one that is fine!! In fact if you just have one tomato variety that is fine.

Remember it only take one to win : )
We will have contests for Sweetest, Tangiest, Best Overall, Biggest, Smallest, Prettiest, and Ugliest.

Besides the tomato contests, we will have raffles for excellent prizes to help with the cost of putting this party together. Prizes included garden, house hold items, and the always coveted homemade canned goods. Please bring a few dollars to buy tickets.

[B]FOOD:[/B]
Various meats will be provided. Yes, there will be Meat-on-a-Stick!
We ask people to bring a side dish, salad, or dessert to eat, but it is not required.(We would rather have you attend than stay away because you can't or don't have time to cook.)
It is a cottage, so there is a full kitchen if you need to put something together once you get there.
[B]DRINKS:[/B]
Bottled water, lemonade, and ice tea, and coffee will be available.

Bringing your own beer or wine is fine. (we will have some beer and wine, but can not guarantee for everyone.)

[B]KIDS:[/B]
If you have kids, and want to bring them, there will definitely be children of all ages there to play with, and they always seem to make friends fast!
There will be assorted toys and there is a swing set. If it is going to be hot out, bring a bathing suit for your kid, we will fill the kiddy pool.

If your kid is older, there will be Can Jam for kids and adults.There are also trails in the wood behind the house to explore.

If you need directions please send me a PM!
Hope to see you there,
Remy

Chartreuse July 22, 2013 10:58 PM

I am really excited to be able to come this year!! Is anybody else coming from Southwestern Ontario that would want to carpool? I am in London. :)

Zana July 23, 2013 08:48 AM

Chartreuse,
I'd love to carpool with you. I'm in KW...along the way? And I know how to get there too...lol.
Zana

Chartreuse July 24, 2013 09:31 AM

Sounds great, Zana! I'll send you a PM to work out the details. :)

Zana August 10, 2013 06:33 PM

Depending on when Chartreuse and I are due to arrive I'll either bring the baklava (I have no maters growing this year...so baklava will have to be my contribution) already made or put it together when we get there, if the oven is free. Anybody else needing the oven, Remy?

Hilde, you can always watch me make the baklava in the kitchen at Remy's...it should take about 20 minutes to put together. LOL And about 30-40 minutes to bake.

remy August 10, 2013 06:44 PM

No one has made an oven request yet, so you have the reservation:lol:.
Hilde doesn't stop by here much anymore, but I will let her know!
Looking forward to seeing you. It has been too long.
Remy

Zana August 10, 2013 08:12 PM

LOL...thanks Remy!

Lee August 10, 2013 08:32 PM

You know.... when hosting Tomatopalooza[tm] in the past, I've typically frowned on showing up without tomatoes.....

But, I'd have to say baklava of any kind would be a most excellent (and welcome) substitution anytime!

I wonder if I could get my company to bring me up to Burlington,VT for a business trip that weekend......

Seriously, I hope you have another excellent event! I look forward to seeing the photos.

Lee

Zana August 10, 2013 09:32 PM

Lee,
Trust me I wish I was able to bring maters with me. But due to health reasons and other stuff going on I didn't get seeds planted in time, or was able to purchase any heirlooms at the right time.

That being said, I think I've brought baklava all but the first time I went to Remy's shindig....with or without maters.

So if you make it I'll make sure you get some!

;)

Zana

Lee August 10, 2013 10:46 PM

Zana,
I once traded a season's supply of sungold tomatoes for a whole pan of baklava.
Both parties felt that was a fair trade!

Lee

Zana August 11, 2013 10:23 AM

Sounds like a fair trade to me, Lee!

remy August 12, 2013 01:45 PM

I will [B]happily[/B] take baklava for tomatoes anytime!:)
Remy

Zana August 12, 2013 02:19 PM

[QUOTE=remy;370805]I will [B]happily[/B] take baklava for tomatoes anytime!:)
Remy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Remy! :tsee::jooy:

Z

Zana August 17, 2013 03:28 PM

Bought the ingredients today....am all set to make up the Baklava. But hoping I have enough. Do you have any idea how many are coming, Remy?

Zana August 17, 2013 03:29 PM

Will trade take home servings of baklava for maters (says she who hasn't grown any maters of her own this year....sighhhhhhhh)....hint hint....lol. Any takers? Will take orders from those attending.