Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   True North Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35894)

ginger2778 April 13, 2019 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=ddsack;732429]Just reporting that I had good germination on all four of the True North varieties. Most were popping up on day 6 in starting mix. All but one seed was up by day 10. (Now it's day 14.)

Midnight Sun 5/5, - first, most uniform germination
True Colors 5/5 - most variable times, 3 slower
Polaris 5/5 - 2 slower
Taiga 4/5 - 2 fast, 2 slow pokes

The first true leaves are now about 1/4 long for the older seedlings and they need to be transplanted to individual quarters, but our recent snow storm wiped out my foot path to my greenhouse where I prefer to do messy dirt work, so they'll have to be patient and wait a couple of days. :wait:[/QUOTE]

What a fabulous report! Makes me feel so good!

NarnianGarden May 9, 2019 05:55 AM

True Colors is growing extremely well here (with my current limited sunlight), a very healthy and vigorous PL.
Looking forward to seeing and tasting the fruits!

KarenO May 9, 2019 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;735007]True Colors is growing extremely well here (with my current limited sunlight), a very healthy and vigorous PL.
Looking forward to seeing and tasting the fruits![/QUOTE]

I am very pleased to hear that all the way from Finland! I am really looking forward to your opinion of the flavour
Karen

wxcrawler May 14, 2019 08:30 PM

True Colours

1 Attachment(s)
Karen and Marsha,

I’m really impressed with how my True Colours plant is growing. It is the tallest of all my plants. At this point, I count 15 fruit developing, and I’m sure that will increase. I can’t wait to taste this one.

Lee

KarenO May 14, 2019 10:28 PM

That Canadian tomato sure seems to like it in Oklahoma:)
It looks fantastic and huge already :)
Looking forward to your opinion on the flavour
KarenO

wxcrawler June 3, 2019 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
True Colours. 19 ounces. I’ve got three more pretty close to this size that are just starting to blush.

Lee

KarenO June 3, 2019 08:02 PM

Beautiful Lee :)
Makes me very happy to see, thank you!
Let me know how you like them, when were they planted?
Karen

ginger2778 June 4, 2019 08:31 AM

Lee,it looks like a painting.

akgardengirl June 4, 2019 12:22 PM

That's huge! Looking forward to growing it out next year.
Sue

NarnianGarden June 20, 2019 05:34 AM

My True Colours is about to bloom, among the first.. The leaf pattern is really original and unique, distinctive from other PL varieties I have grown - a Summer Cider is growing next to it and it is the 'common' PL type.
Really curious now to see the flowers and fruits.

KarenO June 20, 2019 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;739042]My True Colours is about to bloom, among the first.. The leaf pattern is really original and unique, distinctive from other PL varieties I have grown - a Summer Cider is growing next to it and it is the 'common' PL type.
Really curious now to see the flowers and fruits.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Very interested in your opinions , I hope it grows well for you :)
Karen

bower June 20, 2019 09:11 AM

:love: True Colors is gorgeous. :love:

IronPete June 20, 2019 02:36 PM

Wowzers! That is a nice tomato! As a Canadian (and a fan of your tomato breeding) I will be happy to try that one next year if you like? Pete :D

[QUOTE=KarenO;711833]Sister to Cowboy, time for a RED tomato in my projects.
This is a big dark red red red beefsteak from the delicious x captain lucky cross.

Red as a maple leaf I am calling this one
“ Oh Canada”
Big Regular leaf plants, large ribbed shiny very dark red beefsteaks, yellow epi intense traditional tangy tomato flavour.
About 75 Dtm.
I really love this one and hope it comes through again in the F4. Needs to stay amazing to keep that name.
Early days, only time will tell.
KarenOv[/QUOTE]

NicolasGarcia June 26, 2019 03:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I show you some photos

NicolasGarcia June 26, 2019 03:25 AM

taiga, true colours

2 Attachment(s)
Taiga and True colours