Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   It seems to be a great pepper year (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45586)

pmcgrady July 13, 2017 09:20 PM

It seems to be a great pepper year
 
I've never seen peppers grow like this...
Just picked a few and it looks like there will be tons.
I'm impressed with most of them...
Cheese Peppers are one I'm going to have to stake soon or they will break.
Never been able to grow a good jalapeño but Biker Billy is huge. Shish!to, Manganji,Corbaci, Etuida all good...
100 peppers and 1 died a yellow monster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmcgrady July 13, 2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmcgrady (Post 654399)
I've never seen peppers grow like this...
Just picked a few and it looks like there will be tons.
I'm impressed with most of them...
Cheese Peppers are one I'm going to have to stake soon or they will break.
Never been able to grow a good jalapeño but Biker Billy is huge. Shish!to, Manganji,Corbaci, Etuida all good...
100 peppers and 1 died a yellow monster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e98f008d8c.jpg





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salsacharley July 13, 2017 11:33 PM

Nice peppers!

clkeiper July 14, 2017 09:28 AM

wow! nice haul. I have yet to pick a pepper but I am close.

My Foot Smells July 14, 2017 10:18 AM

Yes Sir. Those Bikers are ready to be stuffed and grilled. Do you own a pepper holder? A stuffed, grilled jap is the perfect beer food.

pmcgrady July 14, 2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Foot Smells (Post 654541)
Yes Sir. Those Bikers are ready to be stuffed and grilled. Do you own a pepper holder? A stuffed, grilled jap is the perfect beer food.

I had stuffed bacon wrapped Biker Billies 2 nights ago... They were great.

Last night was grilled Shish!tos

jillian July 14, 2017 03:05 PM

I'm picking loads of padron peppers, my favorite! Charred and drizzled with olive oil and sea salt, yummy. Picking lots of jalapeños as well, making lots of poppers with those.

Jimmy Nardello and Golden Treasure plants are loaded and just beginning to ripen. Yes a very good pepper year!

Cole_Robbie July 14, 2017 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just realized that I mixed in Georgia Flame with Sweetest Pepper when I picked, and I can't tell the apart. Now I can't sell them, because customers would get mad if I sold them a hot pepper saying it was sweet. I am going to need to eat some peppers.

dmforcier July 14, 2017 06:07 PM

Man, some really nice harvests coming in.

CR, I suspect they wouldn't buy them either if you cut the tip off to taste test...

Worth1 July 15, 2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie (Post 654621)
I just realized that I mixed in Georgia Flame with Sweetest Pepper when I picked, and I can't tell the apart. Now I can't sell them, because customers would get mad if I sold them a hot pepper saying it was sweet. I am going to need to eat some peppers.

You could just make salsa.
I would have then eaten in a day or two.

worth

ScottinAtlanta July 16, 2017 06:00 AM

Great pictures!

Cole_Robbie July 16, 2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worth1 (Post 654879)
You could just make salsa.
I would have then eaten in a day or two.

worth

I gave them to my mom so she can make zucchini relish. I have a lot more coming behind it. Sweetest and Golden Treasures are both loaded with peppers, every bit as much as my hybrid bells.

My hot peppers are looking great, too. I think I even have a new F1 variety from an accidental porch pepper cross last year, Purple Fatali. It must have crossed with one of my purple ornamentals. Stabilizing should be easy, I think, because the seedlings have purple leaves.

roper2008 July 17, 2017 09:52 AM

Golden Treasure is your sweetest. May have to try that one next year. That's great you guys are having a good pepper year. Mine started off with too much rain which lead to leaf diseases. They never really completely recovered from it. I'm still harvesting some peppers though.

HudsonValley July 17, 2017 09:01 PM

Shaping up to be a good pepper year here, too. My container-grown peppers are way ahead of the in-ground ones, but 7 of my 8 varieties seem hyper-productive. Red Peter doesn't seem to like it here.

dmforcier July 17, 2017 10:00 PM

Peter is pretty persnickety. He has no reputation as prolific, perpetuated for his other .. personality traits.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★