Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Gardening in the Green™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Endo Inoculated Celebrity Tomato (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=36429)

Dutch May 10, 2015 12:00 AM

Endo Inoculated Celebrity Tomato

1 Attachment(s)
This is six groups of Celebrity tomato plants with 36 plants in each group. From left to right they were inoculated with;

Group one, thehydrosource’s Mycorrhizae Root Fungi Endo Mycorrhiza
Group two, Kelp4less’ Endo Mycorrhizae
Group three, Natural Industries’ Actinovate
Group four, Organic Labs’ Mycostim
Groups five and six, Control, no inoculants
[ATTACH]48837[/ATTACH]
Dutch

P.S. Groups four, five and six were sent to Oklahoma for disaster relief.

Redbaron May 10, 2015 04:39 AM

Very interesting Dutch. Clear differences!

PhilaGardener May 10, 2015 07:40 AM

Thanks for showing us those effects - and for your generosity in helping others!

Farmette May 10, 2015 08:27 AM

Dutch, the first 2 or 3 groups seem to be a darker green (as well as larger) or is that my imagination?

Dutch May 10, 2015 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Farmette;471189]Dutch, the first 2 or 3 groups seem to be a darker green (as well as larger) or is that my imagination?[/QUOTE]
Chris, thanks for the input. Yes they are a darker green and the stems are thicker too. I have some of those potted up for your "food pantry/plant sale". Is that next week?
Dutch

TightenUp May 10, 2015 08:43 AM

great pics! thanks for sharing

fertilizer used?

Dutch May 10, 2015 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=TightenUp;471193]great pics! thanks for sharing

fertilizer used?[/QUOTE]
Thanks TightenUp. Taking pictures is not one of the things that I have been good at.
Miracle-Gro, At a rate of one tablespoon per four gallons of water and bottom watered.
Dutch

greyghost May 10, 2015 09:21 AM

Dutch, Thanks for posting your photos; that was an interesting experiment!
Also, thank you for your generosity to others!! Darlene

Dutch May 10, 2015 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Closer picture of group one.
[ATTACH]48840[/ATTACH]
Dutch

RayR May 10, 2015 09:55 AM

Interesting results Dutch.

Hydrosource Root Fungi Endo Mycorrhizal: Glomus [COLOR=#2e6b31]intraradices[/COLOR] - 134 spores per gram

Kelp4Less Endo Mycorrhizal: [COLOR=#2e6b31]Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus etunicatum. Did you ever get a [COLOR=#000000]spore count from them? They aren't very good at providing details on some of their products.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Actinovate had a very good showing considering that it isn't a Myco inoculant. I guess that shows off its PGPR benefits.

Mycostim : Glomus Intraradices, Glomus Mosseae, Glomus Aggregatum - 16 propagules per cc. That's nothing compared to other Myco inoculants. Might as well be a Trichoderma only product.

At what point did you start inoculation?

Dutch May 10, 2015 10:08 AM

Thank you for your input Ray. It is much appreciated. Inoculation was done to roots during a transplant when plants were about two and a half inches tall and starting their third set of true leaves. All plants were grown using the cold treatment method (65-68F max temp).
Dutch

Dutch May 10, 2015 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a close up of group six, which was one of the control groups. I think the cold treatment probably helped to contribute to their stoutness too.
[ATTACH]48847[/ATTACH]
Dutch

RayR May 10, 2015 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=Dutch;471211]Thank you for your input Ray. It is much appreciated. Inoculation was done to roots during a transplant when plants were about two and a half inches tall and starting their third set of true leaves. All plants were grown using the cold treatment method (65-68F max temp).
Dutch[/QUOTE]

I did something similar this year as you did at potting up. I used [COLOR=#323a44]VivaRoots!
Premium Endomycorrhizae Mix. (4 species at 220+ [COLOR=#000000]propagules/gram) VivaRoots! is repackaged Mycorrhizal Applications MycoApply Micronized Endo.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Dutch May 10, 2015 11:16 AM

Ray how well does VivaRoots work. It is distributed by AgBio Inc which is related to Ag Bio Development which is a Colorado company, located at 9915 Raleigh Street; Westminster; CO; 80031.

[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Company Name : Ag Bio Development
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Products and Services : Agricultural Services, Animal Services, Animals Specialty Services, Aquarium Leasing & Maintenance, Aquariums & Supplies Retail, Office Building & Industrial Cleaning Services, Pet Food & Supplies Retail, Pet Shops
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Year of Establish :1993
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Employees :1
[URL]http://us-co.bizdirlib.com/node/182302[/URL]

Dutch

RayR May 10, 2015 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Dutch;471225]Ray how well does VivaRoots work. It is distributed by AgBio Inc which is related to Ag Bio Development which is a Colorado company, located at 9915 Raleigh Street; Westminster; CO; 80031.

[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Company Name : Ag Bio Development
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Products and Services : Agricultural Services, Animal Services, Animals Specialty Services, Aquarium Leasing & Maintenance, Aquariums & Supplies Retail, Office Building & Industrial Cleaning Services, Pet Food & Supplies Retail, Pet Shops
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Year of Establish :1993
[FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Employees :1
[URL]http://us-co.bizdirlib.com/node/182302[/URL]

Dutch[/QUOTE]

This is my first time using it, I'm confident in the product since i know who produced it. I inoculated my peppers last month and my tomatoes I started potting up only a week ago. I finished potting up the last 5 extras only last night.:lol: Everything is doing fantastic and will be ready to plant out as early as next weekend depending on the weather forecast.

Ag Bio is a re-seller of the MycoApply line for Ag and VivaGrow is their consumer retail arm. Their ebay store is the best place to buy it. 8 oz. only cost me $16.79 w/ free shipping. Good price for
a very high 4 species propagule count.