Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2018 Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47846)

Tormato July 11, 2018 10:25 AM

2018 Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing

It's time to get things rolling (and it's all downhill from here;)).

Please don't PM me for my mailing address or my PM box will overload.
So, my mailing address is...

:elvis:Gary Fitzgerald :elvis:

:elvis:22 Francis St.:elvis:

:elvis:Westfield, MA 01085:elvis:

(The Elvis emojies are to throw off any bots. And, I don't know if my geek speak is correct.)

Wish lists for tomatoes will be up to 20 varieties for all participants. Beyond that, you may add types of tomatoes from the forthcoming "Categories" list. And, if there are types of tomatoes you do not wish to receive, you may add a "non-wish" list.

Peppers... I don't care how long of a list you may have...:roll:('cept for Imp, who would likely send a wish list on a mega roll of Charmin)... as rarely are very many requested varieties sent in to the swap. Varieties can be selected from the 2018 MMMM spoiler alert, as participants begin posting there.

Due date for me receiving your packages - November 10th.

Due date for me receiving packages from procrastinators - November 1st.

I'll cover more with the next posting. Questions are welcome, as long as it doesn't drift into the Jaws theme...................again.;)

Chief Brody

(oops)

PhilaGardener July 11, 2018 07:27 PM

Here we go again! :D:D:D

NarnianGarden July 11, 2018 08:14 PM

Mamma mia, here we go again... :spin:

pmcgrady July 11, 2018 09:23 PM

Time to clean the seed bins... I'm in!

NarnianGarden July 14, 2018 12:54 AM

The wishlist Google doc isn't accessible..

imp July 14, 2018 07:33 AM

Ssssssshhhhhhhhh, Tormato, I think you may have awakened the shark.

Let's start with a classic:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-sX2Y0W8l0[/URL]

Raiquee July 14, 2018 03:56 PM

Mwah ha ha haaaaa!!! :)):)):))

i'm so pumped. I got tomatoes, I got peppers, I got melons, I got squashes, I got cucumbers, I got Legumes...

ya'll better get bigger seed bins. Gary you better get a bigger fork lift.:lol::P

Spike2 July 15, 2018 05:26 PM

Robert said that he would sponsor me this year as I am losing my entire garden. Stupid weather and Japanese Beetles >,< Am I allowed to request anything?

imp July 15, 2018 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=Spike2;708380]Robert said that he would sponsor me this year as I am losing my entire garden. Stupid weather and Japanese Beetles >,< Am I allowed to request anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes, see the first post re lists.

Disregard Tormato's comment about the Charmin, I keep it much simpler than that, LOL, "Just give me evvvverything, Darling!" , < [U]Very[/U] bad fake Zsa Zsa Gabor accent> Yesss, a Hungarian shark , or as I like to think of it, a Hungry Shark !!!

Note: no insult meant to anyone Hungarian, or an actress or anything, just a hungry shark with a slight lisp due to all those teeth.

habitat_gardener July 22, 2018 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;708224]The wishlist Google doc isn't accessible..[/QUOTE]

It is possible that the google doc has reached its limit -- 100 people are supposed to be able to edit at a time. And I'm guessing at least that many have weighed in over the past few years.

Maybe someone can start a new google doc? I can do it later this week, or someone else can volunteer to be the "webmaster." And we should probably start a new google doc each year, rather than using the same one and erasing old data, from now on.

I started the original one, so it'd be up to me to delete it, once the info has been transferred to the 2018 doc.

NarnianGarden July 22, 2018 05:32 PM

There already seems to be a new link
[url]https://docs.google.com/document/d/16lxfZ_StVTz-W0487Z03tfi-Mjv3YOi-8ywwELpyGP8/edit[/url]

imp July 22, 2018 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=habitat_gardener;709112]It is possible that the google doc has reached its limit -- 100 people are supposed to be able to edit at a time. And I'm guessing at least that many have weighed in over the past few years.

Maybe someone can start a new google doc? I can do it later this week, or someone else can volunteer to be the "webmaster." And we should probably start a new google doc each year, rather than using the same one and erasing old data, from now on.

I started the original one, so it'd be up to me to delete it, once the info has been transferred to the 2018 doc.[/QUOTE]

While starting a new one each year sounds good, deleting the old ones may not be; the old ones could be a good source of info, , such as trends, etc.? Would it be difficult to store the old ones?

linzelu100 August 1, 2018 10:20 AM

I can't wait! I'm in! Lindsey

clara August 1, 2018 05:07 PM

It was such a pleasure last year - I'm in again!

hl2601 August 21, 2018 10:44 PM

Gary- when would you like us to PM you possible tomato seed varieties we may have for nifty fifty? Are the wanted categories the same as last year?