Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Wessel’s Purple Pride (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46052)

joannedamon October 2, 2017 09:16 PM

Wessel’s Purple Pride
 
Anyone know where I can purchase Wessel’s Purple Pride seeds? I think Heritage tomato seeds had them at one time..

shyxlilfox October 3, 2017 05:19 PM

Bill Minkey off Seed Saver's Exchange had some for offer earlier this year. Might want to check that out.

joannedamon October 8, 2017 08:50 AM

Thank you

carolyn137 October 8, 2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyxlilfox (Post 666903)
Bill Minkey off Seed Saver's Exchange had some for offer earlier this year. Might want to check that out.

Where was Bill offering them at SSE and I ask since I know him very well and I think he would be listing it in the SSE Annual Yearbook, which is different, Bill has no computer and doesn't want one,and I checked the 2017 Yearbook and he still is listing it.

Yes, Steve at Heritage seeds was offering it at one time,and yes,I was also sent some of those seeds, but I never gave them to my seed producer folks either,mainly b/c as Tania says below,some found it to be unstable genetically.

Did anyone do a search here at Tville to look for it since I seem to recall some did grow it out and offer their own opinions.

Here is Tania's page for it

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/W...b=General_Info

Hope that helps,

Carolyn

gssgarden October 8, 2017 02:16 PM

Me, Me, ME!!!

carolyn137 October 8, 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gssgarden (Post 667316)
Me, Me, ME!!!

Does your answer above mean that you were the person who grew it out and offered your opinion as I asked?

(Did anyone do a search here at Tville to look for it since I seem to recall some did grow it out and offer their own opinions.)

Carolyn

Mark0820 October 8, 2017 07:47 PM

If you are unable to find a seed source, send me a PM with your address. I'm fairly certain I still have seed. I grew it 4 or 5 different times, and the seeds I grew appeared to be stable. The original source of my seed was Heritage.

joannedamon October 8, 2017 09:26 PM

Just pm you Mark.. Thanks..

joannedamon October 8, 2017 09:32 PM

I grew it two years.. My seeds were also from Heritage.. The second year they were a little hollow inside, but coloring, shape and texture was the same. I took it as weather, watering issue. I like them in sauce.

joannedamon October 8, 2017 09:41 PM

Mine were more purple than Tania's pictures.. with green shoulders, brick red inside. Very meaty, heavy.

shyxlilfox October 9, 2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolyn137 (Post 667294)
Where was Bill offering them at SSE and I ask since I know him very well and I think he would be listing it in the SSE Annual Yearbook, which is different, Bill has no computer and doesn't want one,and I checked the 2017 Yearbook and he still is listing it.

Yes, Steve at Heritage seeds was offering it at one time,and yes,I was also sent some of those seeds, but I never gave them to my seed producer folks either,mainly b/c as Tania says below,some found it to be unstable genetically.

Did anyone do a search here at Tville to look for it since I seem to recall some did grow it out and offer their own opinions.

Here is Tania's page for it

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/W...b=General_Info

Hope that helps,

Carolyn

Carolyn,

https://exchange.seedsavers.org/page.../id/7304.64923

Is that the annual yearbook rather than the exchange? It's not clear on the website that one has to request a variety from the yearbook rather than the exchange. Either way, it's listed on the seedsavers.org website. I wasn't aware that they were separate entities.

tootaloo October 9, 2017 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello this is what i grew this year. I have seeds. But I grew them 2 or 3 years ago also. Looking for pics.

joannedamon October 10, 2017 12:11 AM

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...le+Pride+seeds
It was the only post I found on this tomato.
Mine looked exactly like the one in the photo in this thread

joannedamon October 10, 2017 12:12 AM

Mark is going to send me some seeds..Thank you..

carolyn137 October 10, 2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyxlilfox (Post 667450)
Carolyn,

https://exchange.seedsavers.org/page.../id/7304.64923

Is that the annual yearbook rather than the exchange? It's not clear on the website that one has to request a variety from the yearbook rather than the exchange. Either way, it's listed on the seedsavers.org website. I wasn't aware that they were separate entities.

I checked out your link and you have changed your post more recently, but no the exchange is NOT the same as the Yearbook.

I'll have to get back to you on that when I can do so,which is not right now.

Carolyn


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★